Omni Chicago Hotel
What We Love
- Located near Chicago’s shopping mecca, the Magnificent Mile
- Warm, intimate vibe
- All-suite accommodations
- Friendly, down-to-earth staff
- Many of Chicago’s cultural institutions are within walking distance
- Rooms are quiet despite the busy location
What To Know
- Well suited to business types and families
- Spa menu is varied, but there’s only one treatment room; it’s better to spring for an in-room treatment
- The fitness center isn't large but has all the basic equipment
- The lobby was renovated in 2010
- WiFi costs an extra fee per day
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
Walking into the Omni from bustling Michigan Avenue, you’re greeted so warmly by the down-to-earth staff that you’ll instantly forget the Windy City’s chilly temperatures. The lighting is soft, and the lobby, with its dark wood and gold accents, is tasteful and simple.
All of the 347 guest rooms are suites with spacious marble bathrooms and elegant parlors separated from the bedrooms by French doors. The polished woods and earthy tones–olive and cream, chocolate and moss–lend a coziness to the design.
Depending on your idea of relaxation, hit the well-equipped fitness center or the year-round indoor pool, which is flanked by lounge chairs, pool toys for the kids and an adjacent fifth-floor balcony that opens to a wide view of Michigan Avenue. Back in your room, order up the moisturizing orange blossom scrub and massage or make use of the free in-room Get Fit Kit, with its dumbbells, floor mat and stretch cords.
Most of the hotel is quiet, but the 676 Restaurant & Bar pumps in upbeat music and has friendly bartenders mixing up cocktails inspired by different areas of Chicago, including the “18th and Pilsen” pomegranate margarita, named after one of city’s up-and-coming art neighborhoods. Taste your way through the drink menu, then explore the areas that inspired them. The hotel’s location just off the Magnificent Mile makes it the ideal homebase for neighborhood explorations.
How to Get There
This is my first time at the Omni and I love it. The Omni is a medium size hotel and has a good feel to it. My room was very impressive, nicely designed and decorated. They have great customer service, emailing before I arrived and even afterwards to make sure everything was ok. I have been to many 4 star and some 5 star hotels as well but this is now one of my favorites.
Can’t wait to bring my wife next time.
Our first time in Chicago- So glad to have found this hotel. Safe, clean and convenient to everything (walking distance to most attractions) Staff was great on every level. I can't say enough about them- super friendly and knowledgeable. Our room was clean, well cared for and I felt safe leaving things behind.
The only two complaints I have is: 1) the couch in the one room suite was extremely uncomfortable. We were supposed to have a sofa bed- which we wound up not needing, so we never brought the issue up, but the regular couch was not good for much-too small for two people to watch TV comfortably and other than an desk chair, there were no other chairs in the room. The second minor complaint is that out mattress seemed to be nearing the end of its life span (as were the pillows) They felt old and not particularly plush or luxurious, which you hope for in a nice hotel.
Those two smaller issues aside, I highly recommend this hotel!
I have been to swanky 5 star hotels before where they say “customer service is our number one priority” but they do not hold a candle to the Omni Hotel - Chicago.
KINDNESS IS IN THEIR DNA!!! This was my family and my first time with this chain but I will honestly pay extra just to stay here next time... it was THAT GOOD! The hotel staff are like I’ve never experienced before in my life.
What makes them unique:
1. Reservationist on phone who was so patient when I took too long making up mind about room size, breakfast package, etc. She even took a note down that we’re celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary and we were greeted to our own bottle of champagne and personalized cake when we arrived!
2. Bellmen who helped our kids out of their Ubers joking with them every time.
3. Waiters who smiled from deep down and who taught my kids cool handshakes.
4. Nice room service lady who accidentally caught me frantically looking for ice to heal my sons bumped head. She not only walked me to get ice even with a tray full of food but also called for extra ice packs to be sent to our room immediately.
5. Concierge who actually helped us get our day plans underway and fastest route mapped with water taxis.
6. Front desk who printed out maps for us, didn’t rush us away, and who sent us a bag of goodies upon arrival including water, cookies and some milk.
I wish I could scream out from a rooftop what I thought about you Omni Chicago and the amazing team of people who hosted us for Labor Day weekend but I hope that this review will be a small token of our appreciation. You are a gem and we are so grateful for your hospitality ❤️????????