Fairmont Chicago at Millennium Park
What We Love
- The Millennium Park location puts you within easy reach of Chicago’s iconic attractions, including Navy Pier, the Bean, and the lakeshore
- Fairmont Gold Rooms include access to the lounge for all-day drinks and snacks
- The Columbus Tap offers a quintessential Windy City tap house experience with a fresh Midwest-focused menu
- Enjoy a curated menu of crafted signature cocktails, word-class wines and small plates at THE BAR
What To Know
- The spa offers a $15 pass for guests who want to take advantage of the full-service 24-hour fitness studio
- Sweeping views of Lake Michigan from higher-level rooms
- Complimentary WiFi is available in the lobby and mySpa; in-room WiFi costs an additional $13.95 plus tax per day
- Start the day off right with breakfast in the Millennium Room
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
Close to the Magnificent Mile and the north end of Millennium Park, this Loop area hotel is a swank sleep with almost 700 guestrooms, an 11,000-square-foot spa and an exclusive 15th-floor concierge level. The guestrooms feature contemporary floral artwork and muted gray and beige linens, and come stocked with mod cons including Le Labo bath amenities, rainfall shower heads and Nespresso coffee makers. Three on-site restaurants make it easy to hole up during chilly Chicago winters: locally focused Aria won a 2013 Wine Spectator award; Eno pairs wine with cheese and chocolate; and the Aria bar serves up light lunches, sushi and cocktails daily.
In the Area
The hotel puts you within spitting distance of Chicago’s most iconic attractions. Take a funhouse-like photo of the skyline in front of the Bean, walk north on Michigan Avenue over the river for Magnificent Mile shopping, or hoof it to the John Hancock Center to see the city from up high (skip the organized tour and opt for a cocktail in the 956h-floor Signature Lounge). Sampling the city’s signature treats is a breeze, too— Giordano’s Pizza, famed for its stuffed crust pizza, is on the north end of the park; the original Garrett’s Popcorn shop still doles out its Garrett Mix (CaramelCrips coupled with CheeseCorn flavors); and nearby Portillo’s dishes out hot dogs and juicy Italian beef sandwiches.
How to Get There
The staff here are phenomenal. They went out of their way to make our stay great. Staff went above and beyond to help with random odd requests. Mandana in the gold lounge made my son very happy and really seems to take pride in her job. We enjoyed our stay.
We stayed at the Fairmont Gold due to an unexpected travel delay. I was traveling alone with kids and everyone was tired, cranky and frustrated until we arrived at the Fairmont in the heart of Chicago. A beautiful hotel with touches of old-school grace and modern updates. Staff was gracious, kind, down to earth and personable. We had an exquisite room, plush and lovely decor, and in the morning we enjoyed a delicious breakfast buffet in the Gold Lounge which I highly, highly recommend. Patricio, our host in the Lounge, was absolutely wonderful and took such great care of us. He even recommended local attractions for us to visit near the hotel while we enjoyed our stay. He made our visit a vacation-worthy experience and was a real highlight. Definitely will stay at this hotel again and now look forward to our next visit!
The best at this hotel are the welcoming greetings at the door. The rest is very average. The restaurant personnel were quite welcoming as well. The location is quite convenient to the Millennium Park, Bean sculpture, the Art Institute of Chicago, etc.