Sofitel Paris La Defense
What We Love
- The beds! A unique concept designed for Sofitel, the perfect night’s sleep combines a firm base with a duck down mattress topper and quality linens
- The fantastic view along Paris’s famous "axe historique," from the Arc de Triomphe to the Louvre
- The elegance of the interiors, designed by Jean-Philippe Nuel
What To Know
- This is an intimate hotel, with 151 guestrooms, but it still attracts more business travelers than tourists
- Situated outside central Paris, in the shiny business district; it takes only minutes to get to the city center, but this is not a typical or a twee Parisian experience
- There is a private garage with valet parking
- Apple TVs available on request in every room
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
From the Paul Smith–inspired bands of color on the bedroom curtains to the refined pinstripe of the reception area’s carpet and the fresh orchids in every nook, this hotel has a sophisticated allure. A Monet-esque illuminated fresco welcomes guests to the private underground garage, while other works of art by contemporary French artist Ruddy Candillon in the hotel’s public areas bring pools of vibrant color to these otherwise sober surroundings and affirms the hotel’s commitment to modernity.
Bed and Bath
With 135 guestrooms, 15 suites and a Prestige Suite, this hotel feels both intimate and elegant. Few of the rooms have views, but the bathrooms are spacious and offer luxe Hermès products. The rooms are stylishly decked out, and the beds are heaven. Their secret lies in a firm base, a duck down mattress topper and the finest linens. As you might expect, every available mod con makes your stay here comfortable and convenient. Rooms are kitted out with flat-screen TVs, Bose sound systems, iPod docking stations and high-speed Internet connections.
L’Italian Lounge sits under enormous skylights and caters to both hotel guests and locals who come to enjoy the Mediterranean-inspired fare. Breakfast is a copious affair, with bacon and eggs on offer as well as lighter continental fare, such as croissants. Private dining is also available at La Tavola, which organizes business lunches and soirées. Enjoy a his-or-hers bespoke vodka-based cocktail in the hotel bar, where a DJ plays every Thursday night. You can work off all the excesses the next morning in the hotel’s fitness center.
In the Area
The pedestrian entrance to the hotel is steps from a fantastic view of Paris. The river Seine lies like a glittering ribbon between you and the city, with the Champs-Elysées and the Arc de Triomphe in the distance. Before hitting the old town, explore the architecture and monumental contemporary art of the unique La Défense district. Work by artists such as Joan Miro and Alexander Calder is on permanent display. Check out Tour First, which at 757 feet is the tallest skyscraper in France. Climb up the Grande Arche de la Défense, perhaps the most famous of all of late President Mitterand’s “grands projets,” and make the most of the riverside sights with a trip on a Bateau Mouche. Then, finally, hop on the nearby metro and soar over the Seine to hit the Champs-Elysées’ countless boutiques, from the cheap and cheerful Etam Lingerie to the très chic Louis Vuitton.
How to Get There
Staff were very friendly and the room was very comfortable. This is a great place if you plan to do some business in the La Defense area, but I was also pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to get to downtown Paris. Barely 10 minutes to the Louvre/Rivoli station on the Yellow #1 line. The very large Westfield 4 Temps mall is only about an 8 minute walk from the hotel if you feel like spending too much money. All in all a good experience.
1) Front desk were friendly and supportive
2) Beatrice from the restaurant where breakfast was served was amazing. She was hospitable, friendly with perfect attention to details.
1) Selection of food at breakfast was disappointing. There should be a bigger variety of fresh fruits, and quicker replenishment.
2) Toiletries can be improved on e.g. soap, dental kit, body lotion, etc.
On a different note, my points balance is over 7,000 and yet my loyalty status is still 'silver'. Can you please explain this.
Thanks and regards.
My holiday started with bad experience but I am so happy that general manager listened to me and she understood that I was right to complaint somethings about restaurant and the service, when she spoke with me so friendly, I was so glad, after that they tried to say so many times sorry to me in different ways, and they already fixed their fault and than of course my mind suddenly changed , because after we spoke this problem , service was amazing at the restaurant, dishes was so delicious and so good quality, waiter was so calm down and kind, he has good experience in this business for sure. Firstly I would like to say thank you so much to miss general manager , after waiter and all the other staffs, I am so glad to stay in this hotel even I was sad first day, everything is so perfect right know, and I would like to choose this hotel again next time. Kindly regards.