Madison Hôtel by MH
What We Love
- The room décor, which blends traditional French design with jaunty pops of color, stripes and modern floral accents
- The breakfast buffet (and continental breakfast via room service), served until 11 a.m. and perfect for a languid start to a busy day in the French capital
- The selection of Bordeaux wines served in the stylized hotel bar
What To Know
- Albert Camus completed his novel L’Etranger here
- The location in desirable Saint Germain means that some rooms are rather petite
- The hotel is across the street from the famed cafe Les Deux Magots, frequented by the likes of Picasso, Sartre and Joyce
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Room Service
Built in 1925, the 52-room Madison Hotel overlooks the handsome Saint Germain church tower and its courtyard, flanked by Les Deux Magots cafe. After a total refurbishment in 2011, the hotel gained a new sophistication and earned its fourth star. Guestrooms are thoughtfully designed with cheerful textiles and throw pillows, while the lobby breakfast room offers a wood-burning fireplace and an extensive breakfast buffet.
In the Area
Saint-Germain-des-Pres, located on the Left Bank, was once a hotbed for Parisian existentialists and intellectuals. It has retained its village charms while becoming known for swanky boutiques, wine bars and galleries. The hotel is a short walk from the 18th-century St. Sulpice church, the Gardens of Luxembourg and the Laduree and Pierre Herme patisseries. Of course, it’s proximity to cafe Les Deux Magots will have you playing artist right up the street.
How to Get There
Stayed one night in the Royal suite on the top floor. Nice room, excellent location. Room had A/c and was spacious. Plenty of space if you need to stay longer. We usually stay longer in Paris, but decided to only stay one night each way of our trip. The staff is excellent and we enjoyed the breakfast. I would definitely stay here again and stay longer.
Very much enjoyed our stay at the Madison, excellent location and charming & helpful staff.
The hotel is so convenient for everything in central Paris yet in a beautiful & civilised area.
After looking online for a hotel in Paris for weeks, we decided upon the Madison Hotel - we are so happy that we did! Our stay at the Madison Hotel was wonderful! Our room was nicely appointed and came with a view of the Eiffel Tower. The staff was extremely helpful and always quick to help with any of our needs. The hotel is in a wonderful location with plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby.