What We Love
- The quirky-cool rooms feature vintage furniture, vinyl records and books
- The restaurant serves local seasonal fare paired with natural wines
- The ground floor has a café, a record library, a book kiosk and a resident DJ
What To Know
- Opened November 2015
- Pack your hippest threads and prepare to party; this is one of the coolest spots in town
- All rooms have iPads; some have their own bar
- Free WiFi
In the heart of Montmartre, this hipster hotel is one of Paris’s coolest new offerings. The team is made up of local creative types, from booksellers and bakers to architects and artists and the result is a welcoming, design-led space full of books, vintage trinkets and secondhand furniture. The guestrooms range from cozy dorm-style spaces to large, party-worthy suites complete with a bar area. All feature thoughtful extras like an in-room iPad and a high-tech stereo system. The shelves are dotted with vintage objects and arty posters; opt for one with views of the Sacré Coeur for an authentic Parisian experience. Downstairs, the restaurant-bar offers a simple, well-edited menu and a comprehensive (mainly natural) wine list. Book a weekend stay if you want a party atmosphere — there’s a resident DJ and a jukebox in the basement — and spend lazy Sunday morning in the cozy café.
In the Area
The neon-lit neighborhood of Pigalle is famous for its nightlife, and you can find bars, clubs and erotic establishments on every corner. Wander up the narrow cobblestone streets to Montmartre and its basilica, the Sacré Coeur. Check out the portrait artists in the Place du Tertre and quench your thirst at the Lapin Agile, once frequented by Picasso and his painterly brethren. Visit the Musée de Montmartre to learn more about this neighborhood’s revolutionary past and its artistic legacy. There’s a fabulous choice of restaurants if you head away from the main tourist drag; try the cocktails and fusion cuisine at La Famille or the excellent salads at Le Miroir.
How to Get There
Great little hotel in good location, rooms are compact but typical of what you find for similar cost though very comfortable and contemporary. Coffee is excellent along with good food. Would definitely recommend this hotel if looking at staying in this part of city
A real pleasure to give a laud to a hotel, or - rather - the staff. Although we were having extreme difficulties because of the French Customs strike, thy went far beyond what could have been expected to help s, making calls for s, etc.
Wholeheartedly recommend them
This is a cool hotel in a really hip spot - I was looking forward to spending my birthday here with my partner. Even though it was a great hotel...we had a few issues. We booked a deluxe room as all the photos showed a beautiful bath tub, which I was looking forward too, however not all deluxe rooms actually come with the bath tub which was a bit disappointing. On our second night we also had someone enter our locked room, after calling down to reception they came up to ask us a few questions but then we didn’t here anything else, no explanation, no sorry, nothing - so we were a bit freaked out for the rest of the night that someone else could just enter our room! I was quite disappointed that no one bothered to call us to explain what had happened and no one mentioned anything further when we checked out the next day. The record player was also broken and some records missing. All in all, a cool hotel but a disappointing stay.
1.friendly welcoming hostess when we arrived
2. Funky decor, hip, relaxed
3. Secure key system for room
4. Stones throw from Pigalle metro station
5. Near to loads of cafes, bars, nightclubs in any direction
6. Really nice shops/high street just a few streets away
7. Really buzzing in the evening with dj (Friday and Saturday). but couldn't hear anything in room
8. Near moulin rouge
9. Ridiculously comfortable bed
10. Ipad in room which has music and recommendations for bars etc, nice idea
11. Very nice smelling shampoos etc in abbundence
1. room felt a little snug
2. The shower drain smelt musty/dirty
3. Waiters were a little aloof and service was slow in restaurant/bar
4. "Courtyard view" was just a view of the back alley/close neighbouring buildings
5. One day we had no fresh towels, then the next we had 5
The stay was awesome! The hotel staff were all super friendly and gave us some great recommendations. At night (Saturday), the whole restaurant/ bar area was filled with locals and the hotel staff served great cocktails. Very nice overall, would definitely stay there again.