Hôtel Sèvres Saint Germain
What We Love
- A charming, boutique stay in Paris' romantic Left Bank, with breakfast includedThe warm, home-away-from-home atmosphere in the middle of Paris
- Being surrounded by a host of fabulous restaurants and charming cafés
- The delicious breakfast, with freshly squeezed orange juice and eggs to order
Just a couple of minutes walk from famous Paris department store, Le Bon Marché, in the heart of the Left Bank district of Paris, this hip and stylish boutique hotel is a true find. Behind its 17th-century townhouse façade, Hôtel Sèvres Saint Germain has a home-from-home feel with just 30 bedrooms, a welcoming lobby, cheerful prints and an eclectic mix of furnishings.
Start the day with a hearty breakfast before stepping out to discover all that Paris has to offer; take a quiet stroll in the nearby Luxembourg Gardens, indulge in retail therapy on the Champs Elysee, tuck into hearty French cuisine at one of the nearby restaurants or make like a tourist and snap the sights. After a busy day in the city, your cosy room at this TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence winner will welcome you with open arms.
How to Get There
We stayed at Hotel Sevres Saint Germain during the last week of October, 2019. Frankly, I cannot praise the staff and the hotel enough. We had a wonderful stay.
The location of the hotel is superb:
- 2 minute walk from the Sevres Babylone metro station which has access to 2 metro lines that makes it super easy to get to the touristy parts of the city, the airport, train stations, and to Versailles
- The hotel is a 1 minute walk from the Bon Marche which is probably the most upscale Food Emporium, Grocery Store, and Department Store in Paris - you can easily spend hours in there!
- 2 minute walk from Square Boucicaut which is surrounded by brasseries, cafes, and great shopping!
The Rooms and Bathrooms are modern, comfortable, and very clean. We selected a Superior room which gave us extra space and I highly recommend that you do the same.
The staff are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is excellent and offers many choices and the Wifi is great.
Loved the location of this hotel. We stayed two nights. We had a room on the 4th floor which was very large with king bed, plenty of room to walk around, large modern bathroom. There is an elevator too! Also, big perk was that there is always someone on staff at the hotel all hours at the front desk. Many local cafes to just sit, eat, drink, and watch the world go by. Also many small shops...just a lovely area. There is parking is down the street in an underground garage.
While the location of the hotel is superb, the staff incredible with their service, flexibility and kind welcome, the prices have increased and the rooms are not up to the standards and do not match the conditions. We found the carpeting in the rooms, old and worn out. The bathrooms are old and not very well maintained and need updating. It is not just adding plants and making the downstairs appealing, it is important to update all the rooms.