Hotel Pas De Calais
What We Love
- Culture and charm at a stylish hotel in the heart of Paris' Saint Germain neighbourhood Waking up to breakfast at the hotel, with fresh pastries from a nearby baker
- Exploring Paris’ artistic Left Bank and Saint Germain's art galleries and grand cafes
- Opting for a Junior suite and enjoying lovely views from your balcony
What To Know
- Well-located within walking distance of the Louvre, Musee D'Orsay, and the Notre Dame; if you're looking to go any further, you can catch the Metro just a block away
- From the outside the hotel is quite unassuming, but once inside, it's all atmosphere (see: the living wall in the lobby)
- Free WiFi connection can be iffy
Paris’ Left Bank has long been a favourite of artists and writers. Follow the likes of Picasso and Matisse to La Rive Gauche, and you’ll find modern day Saint Germain des Prés is still home to grand cafes and art galleries that you’ll want to find time for. Perfectly situated for a true Parisian experience, Hôtel Pas de Calais sits just over a kilometre from the Louvre Museum, Musée d’Orsay and Notre Dame Cathedral.
In keeping with its stylish surroundings, the hotel favours a chic and contemporary design. Thanks to a recent renovation, guestrooms have been given the individual treatment, with unique features, colour schemes, artwork and furnishings featured in each. A daily breakfast focused on the freshest ingredients the hotel can source also sets you up for the day, with pastries from a nearby baker, freshly pressed juice and seasonal fruits.
How to Get There
Hotel Pas de Calais is simply an excellent choice for a wonderful visit to Paris. The staff are helpful and friendly and pay attention to detail. The hotel is well maintained and very up to date. The location is excellent with the Metro nearby. St-Germain is a beautiful part of Paris with much to see and do.
I have just returned from staying for 2 nights in this hotel with my daughter. It is quite obvious it is an independent hotel, family owned, I think. The week before we arrived, I received an email offering help with bookings, table reservations etc. We ate at 2 of the recommended restaurants and they were true french brassier style, quite superb food, but without the expense.
It is located just off the Blvd St Germain and so is perfectly located for all the St Germain and Latin Quarter areas. In fact, we walked to the Eiffel Tower from there as well as Notre Dame and the Louvre.
We were offered a very friendly welcome. We loved the flower/green wall. All the furnishings are excellent quality and solid. Everything works. The beds and bedding were exceptionally comfortable, the bathroom was modern, the shower was excellent. There were sufficient plugs, mirrors etc.
The breakfast was very good. Nothing was too much trouble for anyone.
We cannot praise this small hotel highly enough. We would definitely recommend it as we have to all our friends.
Stayed at this boutique hotel a few times. Always impressed with meticulous attention to details, cozy atmosphere, tasteful decoration which is different in each room, and prime location in the heart of St Germain.