Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysées
What We Love
- Superb Michelin-starred restaurant, La Table du Lancaster, helmed by Michel Troisgros
- Romance: This is the hotel where Marlene Dietrich occupied a suite for three years in the ’30s
- The Zen, ivy-clad courtyard for fine dining en plein air
- Each room has its own distinct character
- The service: amiable and welcoming, with great attention to detail
What To Know
- The hotel was renovated in 2011, and there are plans to renovate the restaurant in November, 2012
- Just minutes from the bustling Champs-Elysées, this hotel is an oasis of calm
- There’s an on-site gym to burn off the extra daily croissants
- Rooms with views (the Eiffel Tour or Sacre Coeur) need to be requested in advance
- Tricky light switches require a certain aptitude, especially after a night on the town
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
A stay at Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysées places you in the heart of Paris, minutes from Lido and close to Arc de Triomphe. This 5-star hotel is close to Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame Cathedral.
Make yourself at home in one of the 57 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring iPads and flat-screen televisions. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, while video-game consoles and cable programming provide entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature designer toiletries and bidets. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Enjoy recreation amenities such as a sauna or take in the view from a terrace. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, where you can take in a garden view and dine alfresco (weather permitting). Or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Breakfast is available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include limo/town car service, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference space and meeting rooms. Free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Stayed during the World Cup so the streets outside on Champs Elysee were very lively which made it that much more fun. The location is also very good, about only a 10 minute walk to the Arc and the shopping street of Rue St Honore. The rooms were quite large considering the location and they offered Clarins amenities which we loved. The breakfast was good but since we booked with Amex we got the hotel credit to use for the a la crate breakfast which made it that much better. All in all a good hotel and would definitely recommend.
I never really ejnoyed a hotel like Hotel Lancaster. Arrived at 8am, I was able to check in with a free upgrade, hotel staff were wonderfull.
Hotel location is a block away from the heart of champs elysee, very clean, and quite. I would not recommend it to family with children!
Amazing place because it’s small, it’s not show off like many other Parisian hotels. It’s kept this beautiful sophistication that I so admire and the service is great, the staff is so sweet and they had someone playing the guitar too! Little things like that make it worth it
I have been here many times and enjoy this
Hotel and its superb location and friendly
service. It is quite small and as a result they
have a difficult time accommodating an early
check in. Staff is friendly. Suites are large. My
breakfast was included which is always good.
1. Pre-arrival the concierge corresponded by email, so we had dinner reservations at some places I chose and some he chose that corresponded with my parameters. He helped with other requests as well (including for a tattoo parlor).
2. The hotel accommodated an early arrival (we had emailed ahead of time).
3. Location is good for Metro access and sightseeing.
4. Hotel staff is largely bilingual (French and English) although the degree of English varies, it oresented no oroblem.
5. A little more housekeeping attentiveness is needed. The papers in the tray by the elevator that remained for three days and the failure to take the dirty plates from our room and to empty the garbage were negatives. The hotel is clean, but this along with one doorman/desk person’s unhelpfulness made an otherwise perfect stay slightly amiss. The unhelpfulness was “Where can we get a late night (11pm) snack nearby?” Answer: “Go this way” while pointing to the keft. When asked for a soecific place, he said, “This way.”
6. Monsieur Restaurant is FANTASTIC. I urge you to try the five courses tasting menu for a food delight. As for breakfast, the orice is crazy, so get it included in your room rate for savings on an excellent cold buffet with hot food from the kitchen brought to order. The fresh squeezed OJ is delicious.
7. The hotel is EUROPEAN style. Room keys are metal and customarily returned to the desk when going out of the hotel. Rooms are smaller than you will see in American business hotels. The furnishings are beautiful.
All in all, I was very happy. The price is not for paupers or the budget conscious. And, the value they deliver is worth the price.
Because of the hotel’s intimate size, the staff remembers us and the plans we shared. Then, at the end if the day or the next morning, they inquire, “Did you enjoy Notre Dame towers?” Etc.