Hotel du Temps
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Hotel du Temps in Paris (9th Arrondissement), you’ll be minutes from Folies Bergere and close to Galeries Lafayette. This hotel is close to Notre Dame Cathedral and Arc de Triomphe.
Make yourself at home in one of the 23 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and MP3 docking stations. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include safes and complimentary newspapers, and you can also request irons/ironing boards.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Make use of convenient amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and tour/ticket assistance.
Food & Drink
Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Continental breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a 24-hour front desk, luggage storage, and an elevator (lift). Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
A very pleasant and comfortable hotel and spent three days there at the start of December. Good breakfast
Paid them with my debit card according to the prices agreed with Booking.com
Much to my surprise when I returned home there was as i expected the debit on my bank statement and a supplementary debit for which there is no justification. I have called and emailed the hotel without success. Even my bank has got nowhere
All you get is a super aggressive switch board operator who is not helpful at all
So be warned
We had stayed in this hotel last year and really liked it so regrettably we did not check the more recent reviews which are not good. On arrival on New Year's Day excited to check in with our 3 boys we were greeted in a very unfriendly manner by the receptionist who at 3.15 pm told us our rooms were not all ready but we could have the single room and one of the doubles and our double would be ready when the cleaner finished at 5 pm.
Anyway we weren't very happy as expected the rooms to be ready from 3 pm but went to the rooms that were ready. We were all quite shocked when the room we were sent to was occupied by another guest with their stuff messily strewn around the room.
We came back to reception and were rudely told he would go and check and to just wait. He returned no apology saying we could go and come back by 5 pm. By this stage we were really fed up of his rudeness and lack of apology so told him this was not good customer service so he eventually found us a room at 4 pm - really horrible one - small - no air and our head right by the toilet.
So we made the best of it thinking as the receptionist would not let us talk to the manager or owner as he was there alone we would e mail and get an apology and maybe some compensation. It now gets worse. I emailed 2 Jan. Emailed again twice and by 16 Jan e mailed the other hotel yoan owns to ask for a reply. To make matters worse we have a non refundable booking for one night this august. I asked at the very least please refund that booking then that can be the end of the matter. Yoan e mailed today saying there would be no refund we could cancel but we would lose our money and us e mailing was harassment. This hotel is disgraceful and we now have to go again as we have paid. So this is why I write as a warning to other guests take care as the owner of the hotel does not have any customer service skills and is very rude. We have no choice to return with our children in august as yoan refuses to refund us and feel very vulnerable.
This is the third time we’re staying here. We go to Paris next nice a year and found this cute hotel in a good location a few years ago. This time we’re travelling with our new baby and it’s the last time. It’s not a family friendly hotel but other things need to be looked at. We booked the suite on the top floor which is of course the most expensive but even in the suite the following things are missing: cotton wool, q tips, hair conditioner and most importantly a KETTLE! We needed a kettle to boil water and sterilise bottles and any other hotel would have gone out to buy one but they didn’t. Considering we are staying 5 nights which is over average in Paris and paying a lot of money I would have expected this. There is a 3star hotel right next to this and they do have kettles in the room. Also, NO HOT WATER! The first few days it was Luke warm but on our last day, no hot water at all which is a bad start to my birthday. We were told it’s hard to get someone out on a Sunday and not sure how quickly it can be fixed. This is just not good enough and we won’t be coming back.
1. Location. 10 min walk from Gare du Nord station which was ideal for our trip, as we needed to commute to and from very quickly for business
2. Decor. Loved the look of the room, the foyer, the basement had a retro cool speakeasy style. The ground floor has a full bar which is great for a cocktail. The room is very well thought out in its visual decor- very nice taps, cute little vintage bath. Nice flooring. White wood floorboards in bedroom. Comfortable bed (floor 3)
3. AC. It’s great that there is AC in the room, as it has been getting warmer in Paris.
1. AC. Whilst the AC was working the 1st hot day, it appeared to be switched off the 2nd day from the hotel, so it was not usable.
2. Thin walls! The walls are so paper thin, that one can hear every door opening outside the bedroom, every footstep. The next door guests were so loud in the night til 1:30/2 am chatting away and laughing— could hear their entire conversation as if it was in my own bedroom. had to ring hotel reception who did rapidly go up to sort out.
3. Hot water. Hot water seemed to only be available in the morning , and in the evening ran out , was either lukewarm or cold both nights I stayed in hotel. In my room there was only a bath and shower hose, which I didn’t mind., so reverted to having a bath- but the water in the evenings was never warm enough to run a bath.. so had a quick wash both nights instead. Would have liked to have the option of a hot bath in the evening after a long day at work!
My sister and I went to Paris for New Year's and a good friend (who never steers me wrong) had recommended Hotel du Temps - and it was a great recommendation. The location is great - especially if you want to see a wide swath of the city - we walked everywhere. We did not take one taxi or the Metro. This place is within 1.5 miles of everything. The lobby of Hotel du Temps oozes charm - the pictures do not do it justice! Breakfast every morning and drinks in the evening were an absolute highlight. The staff was so friendly and very helpful with recommendations.
The room was nice - but tiny. It may have just been our room - and if I had been traveling alone it would have been perfect, but it was a bit tight for one. The bathroom (including the delicious bath products) was lovely and the shower was heavenly. So all in all I would definitely stay here again - especially if I was traveling solo.