The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla
What We Love
- Colonial-era history oozes out of the grand furnishings and the impeccable service
- Central, in-town location is convenient to all the historical, gastronomical and commercial sites
- Unwinding in one of the highest heated pools in the world, and the adjacent Jacuzzi
- Having drinks in the five-story atrium lounge, soaking up the size and grandeur of the hotel
- The views of the Himalayan foothills and valleys covered in forests of pine and oak
- Pair with a stay at sister hotel, Wildflower Hall, 30 minutes outside Shimla
What To Know
- Walkers, take note: Shimla is a hilltop town, full of steep staircases and paths
- Winter here is majestic but cold and snowy; there is skiing nearby
- On-site children’s activities center. Kids may also enjoy taking a yak ride – ask the concierge
- The hotel is 45 minutes from the Shimla airport and 10 minutes from the train station
- Horses can be arranged by the hotel concierge for day treks in the valley
- WiFi is an additional cost of $18 per 24 hours
- There are mandatory gala dinners on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve; please see the details section for prices (collected at the property)
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla, you’ll be centrally located in Shimla, walking distance from State Museum and close to Viceregal Lodge. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Himachal Pradesh University and Gaiety Theater.
Make yourself at home in one of the 75 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and flat-screen televisions. Satellite programming provides entertainment, and wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature deep soaking bathtubs and designer toiletries. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including a health club, an indoor pool, and a steam room. This hotel also features wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Getting to nearby attractions is a breeze with the area shuttle (surcharge).
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), a business center, and limo/town car service. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference space and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request), and free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
A wonderful experience. So fancy. So enjoyable. The breakfast is grate and the dinner was wonderful specifically thanks to Ram the chef and his crew that exposed us to the marvelous tastes of India. Thank you Ram thank you all.
I gave this hotel 5 stars because we loved it. We stayed for three nights. The chef, Rajkumar Bhatia's food is soo good. Spa treatment was so relaxing. I took an ayurvedic head massage. I would highly recommend it.
Out of world customer service. I can't say enough about the hospitality we received. Great hotel, great food, great people. Amazing Shimla. Hotel supported us in any way they can, went out of way to help us in many ways.