Rocco Forte Villa Kennedy
What We Love
- Grand villa surrounding a charming courtyard
- Proximity to a plethora of restaurants, bars and cafes in Sachsenhausen
- Three-storey holistic Villa Spa complete with a spa garden
- Most rooms feature a French balcony or terrace area (on the courtyard side)
What To Know
- Guests enjoy free use of the spa facilities, including the indoor pool, sauna, steam room and fitness center
- Children get their own pool, and childcare services are available
- WiFi access comes with a fee
- Pets are not allowed
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
In characteristic Rocco Forte style, Villa Kennedy comprises three buildings set around a serene courtyard, including the original Villa Speyer, built in 1904. The interiors have been lavishly updated with a contemporary look, intended to harmonize with the original structure. The three-storey Villa Spa serves as the centerpiece to the richly appointed facilities. In addition to JFK’s Bar, named in honor of the American president for whom the hotel and its street were named after his 1963 visit, culinary options include the flagship Gusto Italian restaurant, which offers alfresco dining on the courtyard terrace during warmer months.
In the Area
Guests may stroll through the bustling and winding lanes of the Sachsenhausen neighborhood and eventually end up at “Museumsufer”, so called for the cluster of some of the city’s finest museums along the south bank of the Main River. The Stadel Museum houses one of Germany’s greatest collections and is within a mile of Arkitechturmuseum and the Deutsches Filminstitut and Filmmuseum. The concierge has been known to recommend Holbein’s, a glassed-in cafe in the courtyard of the Stadel that serves German cuisine with international influences.
How to Get There
High effort recognizable, results however do not correspond to effort. Despite very tasteful interior decoration, the hotel already shows some clear signs of use. Service personnel do not always correspond to the self-conception of the hotel group in their activities.
Everything about this hotel was excellent. It is a little far from the old town - maybe 20 minutes walk; but well worth staying here. The concierge was superb, the room was very comfortable. I can highly recommend it.
We arrived late after a long travel day. The kids were given packets with games but most importantly a voucher for a mock tail at the bar! They were starving so we went straight to the restaurant, Italian. We had just spent 2 weeks in Italy and our last hotel, ugh! The food was great and had everything that one would want from the menu. Upon arriving back in our room, fresh baked cookies arrived for the kids with Milk. Over the top in service and comfort.
I have never been a big fan of Frankfurt. I have stayed in a number of larger hotels in the city and have found none of them memorable until I discovered the Villa Kennedy. It is a lovely oasis and a great spot to end a tiring business trip before departing FRA for home. The restaurant and bar are top notch and service is good. The rooms are comfortable with a nice couch-table-sitting area.
Have stayed at Villa Kennedy several times over the past few weeks.
It’s an impressive compound with nice interiors and well maintained rooms. One of the best in Frankfurt.
Some of the receptionists are very friendly and service oriented. All of the doormen offer exemplary service and customer focus. Took them all a few weeks to remember my name, but there is a good level of personalized service now.
Having said that, the hotel misses on some of the details:
- spa and swimming pool area is nice but isn’t well maintained or kept clean - see photos attached. I always only see one person on duty. There are often left over towels lying around, broken off towel hooks, broken shampoo dispensers. The jacuzzi often malfunctions. Doesn’t make me want to use it again
- first night I stayed, toiletries were not replenished after the previous guest checked out. During another stay, a half opened and used shampoo bottle was left over
- twice I asked room service to bring ice cubes. Both times they forgot. Sometimes room service takes 20 mins, sometimes 45 mins...for the same set of cold dishes. Also, as I always order the same dishes, I notice that they are prepared and presented differently in terms of size of portion and layout of the plate
- the Gusto restaurant offers decent food at reasonable prices, but the menu is very limited
- the rooms are normally under heated in my experience. After a long day you want to come back to a warm and cozy room. Three times now I have noticed the base temperature in the room being 18C
Overall, it is a good hotel. To become a truly great hotel, need more attention to detail and consistency across facilities and services