The Oberoi Gurgaon
What We Love
- Convenient to the Delhi airport (15 minutes away)
- 24-hour butler service at the touch of a button
- You can drink the tap water here (a rarity in India)
- A pillow menu offers lots of comfortable options
- India’s first indoor cigar lounge, located next to the fabulous piano bar
- The outdoor waterfront seating in the 361 Degrees restaurant
- The ability to browse the Web while doing cardio via the high-tech entertainment system
What To Know
- The hotel opened in April 2011
- A visa is required for entering India; and if you plan to enter the country more than once in a 2-month period you must obtain an additional permit
- The city of Gurgaon isn’t pedestrian-friendly
- WiFi is not free
- The 50,000 square foot luxury retail arcade features brands like Jimmy Choo, Gucci and Burberry
- You can enjoy the outlets of the neighboring Trident Hotel and bill it to your room at the Oberoi
- The hotel makes security and privacy top priorities
- Parking On Site
You’ll be centrally located in Gurgaon with a stay at The Oberoi Gurgaon, minutes from Ambience Mall and DLF Cyber City. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Ayyappa Temple and Sahara Mall.
Make yourself at home in one of the 202 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations and LCD televisions. Satellite programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, with wired and wireless Internet access available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature deep soaking bathtubs and rainfall showerheads. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. If you’re looking for recreational opportunities, you’ll find an outdoor pool and a 24-hour fitness center. Additional features include wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges.
Featured amenities include high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), a 24-hour business center, and limo/town car service. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and meeting rooms. Guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle for a surcharge, and free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
The hotel itself is beautiful and clean. The rooms are clean. The service is excellent! The gentlemen that clean our room was phenomenal. He even left us a gift. I lost the letter from him with his name on it, but he was amazing! You get your money’s worth from the hotel and rooms. The food is good, but very expensive even if in Europe or the USA. For example, a simple chicken sandwich, on sliced bread, with a Cappuccino cost me ~$50 USD. That is a lot, especially considering that this is India. The butler service provided needs to be more clear about what is included and what you have to pay for. It reads that laundry services are included, when they are not.
Although I stayed just for a night but am very impressed with everything they had to offer.... gym, staff, room, food. Checkin was a breeze which happened in the room itself. Staff were courteous and always met with a smile. Perfecto
This was the third of three experiences of Oberoi hotels in India. It doesn't have the same 'Indian feel' to the building, to be honest, it could have been a anywhere in the world. The room was very nice, with a lovely big bathroom, but unfortunately we didn't get to make the most of it as we checked in around 4pm and checked out at 1am for a flight! We did eat in the threesixtyone restaurant, and it might have been because it was earlier, but there was no atmosphere really. All in all, perfectly fine, but if you're looking for a hotel with 'Indian feel' then it's probably not the one.