White Fences Inn
What We Love
- A daily three-course breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- Modern amenities include free WiFi, down comforters, Nespresso coffee machines, flat-screen TVs, stainless steel gas fireplaces, heated bathroom floors and Frette robes and slippers
- The manicured grounds dotted with hydrangeas, and the inviting pool in back of the inn, which is lined with cushioned lounge chairs
- Beachy, breezy style (think sisal rugs, hardwood floors, Himalayan sheep fur throw pillows)
What To Know
- Located on Montauk Highway just two miles from downtown Southampton and the beach
- Children 12 and under are not permitted
- The inn is adding a new wing with three guestrooms; construction is expected to wrap up September 1, 2015
- Built in 1740, the inn has been completely reimagined by owners Eric and Liz Brodar. It opened on July 1, 2015
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
Opened July 1, 2015, after a head-to-toe renovation, White Fences Inn is a classic Hamptons sleep that effortlessly blends beachy, breezy style with modern comforts, while preserving original details (wood beam ceilings and doors) from the house’s origins in 1740. The five guestrooms have been thoughtfully decorated by owners Eric and Liz Brodar. Sisal and faux tiger pelt rugs sit on fern hardwood floors, and stainless steel gas fireplaces keep things cozy. The beds have nail-trimmed fabric headboards and are wrapped in crisp Matouk linens topped with down comforters and mint decorative pillows. The spacious bathrooms feature radiant floor heating, soaking tubs (in some) and Malin + Goetz grapefruit, cilantro and neroli–scented products. Enjoy a home-cooked three-course breakfast (think asparagus avocado egg sandwiches and nutella banana nut muffins) at the dining room table, which was custom made for the inn by Huston and Company in Kennebunkport, Maine. Afterward, head out back for a dip in the pool or grab a cushioned lounger and while away an afternoon with a good book.
In the Area
Just down the road from the inn, the Parrish Art Museum showcases some 2,600 works, from 19th-century landscape paintings to American Impressionism, as well as more contemporary pieces. If you’re looking to flex that plastic, Southampton’s Main Street and Jobs Lane are lined with high-end boutiques and stores like Michael Kors, Ralph Lauren and Vineyard Vines. When hunger strikes, head to 75 Main (and order the truffle crumb stuffed breast of chicken with creamy polenta, garlic and broccoli rabe), or for something more casual, the Driver’s Seat Restaurant.
How to Get There
Surprise breakfasts were exactly that, a surprise, never the same. We loved everything about the Inn especially returning to our room after a days outing and finding a delicious baked treat .
An ice bucket during extremely hot days would be a bonus but we asked and received immediately .
We can’t wait for a return stay with Liz and Eric, accommodating couple.
White Fences Inn is a wonderful place to stay for a holiday. The location is great - near both Southampton and Bridgehampton. Close to the beaches and great restaurants. The room was beautiful, well designed, comfortable, spacious and very clean - truly a home away from home.
Thank you Liz and Eric for everything. My niece and I loved every minute.
My family and I just returned from an amazing visit to the Hamptons. We started our journey with two rooms at The White Fences Inn. Our rooms were immaculate with beautiful bathroom amenities. We enjoyed delicious breakfasts by the pool and loved getting to know Liz and Eric the owners throughout our stay. We had a short couple minutes drive into the village of Southampton for dinners and easily toured neighboring villages just down the road . We look forward to returning in the coming year !!!