Balmer Lawn Hotel
What We Love
- A New Forest stay in a 19th-century hunting lodge, with breakfast, a spa discount and moreFull-day forays in the New Forest, whether on bike, foot or horseback
- The woodland sanctuary of Saltus Spa and the delicious cuisine at Beresford’s
- Getting to choose between a pampering spa treatment and a delicious afternoon tea
What To Know
- The hotel is a great starting point for day trips to nearby Lymington, Milford-On-Sea, Barton-On-Sea, and Muddeford
- Free parking is plentiful
- WiFi is hit or miss
England’s stunning New Forest, in southwest Hampshire, has been bewitching visitors for nearly 1,000 years – ever since William the Conqueror commandeered it for hunting “beasts of the chase” in 1079.
Within three acres of manicured grounds sits the four-star Balmer Lawn Hotel. This 19th-century former hunting lodge boasts individually styled, thoroughly contemporary rooms, which have previously hosted none other than King George V, Winston Churchill and General Eisenhower during the property’s illustrious history.
The VIP treatment continues today, with the plush Saltus Spa, fine dining at Beresford’s restaurant, an on-site gym, an indoor swimming pool, plus tennis and squash courts. Best of all, the woodland playground of the New Forest National Park is just a few strides from the door.
Good to know
Please note that due to high demand, it is essential to book your spa treatment prior to your stay. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please contact the hotel directly if you require a twin-bedded room.
Please note that the hotel is unable to meet requests for specific room types or numbers. Rooms are allocated on a category level only.