The Sanya Edition
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
When you stay at The Sanya Edition in Sanya, you’ll be within the vicinity of Wuzihzhou Island Beach. This 5-star resort is within the region of Qingshuiwan Golf Club and Yalong Bay Tropical Paradise Forest Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 512 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and flat-screen televisions. Rooms have private balconies. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, while DVD players and satellite programming provide entertainment. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature jetted bathtubs and designer toiletries.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages and facials. After dipping into one of the 6 outdoor swimming pools, you can spend some time at the private beach. Additional features at this resort include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and an arcade/game room. Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the complimentary area shuttle.
Food & Drink
Grab a bite to eat at one of the resort’s 4 restaurants and 3 coffee shops/cafés, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Thirsty? Quench your thirst at one of the 2 bars/lounges or 2 poolside bars.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and limo/town car service. Planning an event in Sanya? This resort has 58405 square feet (5426 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
This hotel really does have it all. The spectacular views, purpose-built lake, amazing restaurants and 16-foot entrance hall make it extremely interesting to look at. There is a Sky bar that offers the most wonderful views out over the pool, lake and ocean. The bar serves the most delicious and exquisite afternoon tea, which is perfect to bring family and/or friends to, even if not staying at the hotel.
On the lake there is the opportunity to use paddle boards, stepper machines and even the chance to go out to dinner in the middle of the lake... very romantic! They also sell these amazing frozen mojitos, almost like a mojito slushie! The pool is saltwater which I prefer to chlorine.
I loved the service provided at this hotel. Rob, the manager, made my time there so enjoyable. His friendly smile and clear passion shine through everything that he does. He really does ensure that everyone has the best stay that they can. All the staff that I met at the hotel were attentive and approachable- they really make you feel that you are their only priority!
The restaurant Barbacoa is delicious and equally beautiful. A lovely place to go from the afternoon through until the evening.
I can not recommend this hotel enough. I will definitely, definitely be returning and sharing the word with friends back home in England to encourage them to visit the Sanya Edition! Thank you again!
The hotel facility is fantastic, room are very well designed with functional space and color scheme. Great value for luxury hotel and service. The highlight is the service from the arrival to departure, the entire hotel staff are very friendly engaging and making efforts to make your stay nice and as comfortable as possible.
Housekeeping staffs are extremely hard working and attention to details, restaurant staff, chefs are friendly and engaging.
If I get a chance to come back to Sanya, I will definitely come back to stay at EDITION and will strongly recommend this beautiful hotel to my friends and families.
We had a short family vacation at the Sanya Edition in early April The resort is located in Haitang Bay which is about 30 minutes from the airport but well connected with the highway. Its away from everything. Very calm and peaceful location. The hotel caters to all ages and well accommodated the different requirements. Would have been nice to have some dedicated check in Area for Elite Bonvoy members as it takes a long time for check in. The pools are amazing and spread out.
We would like to thank Chef Suriana who made the most amazing food during our stay and the beach setting at Barbacoa brings back memories of Jimbaran. Ujwal, Peggy, Jeff one of many people we have to thank for the continued efforts to make our stay very comfortable. Our housekeeping lady forgot her name but also had a smile everyday!
Great Food, Dedicated Staff, Spacious rooms and most of all clean beach despite not being allowed to swim due to the currents.
We spent a week here during the Spring break and had the most wonderful time. This resort has several outstanding features that make it stand out:
1. Location: The hotel is in Sanya free trade zone, which means that the great firewall of China does not cover you here. In another word, you receive Hong kong internet---no block of google sites. You can access google emails and other websites that are otherwise blocked in mainland China.
2. Great design: the hotel building design evokes the feeling of "Zen" ,with large airy spaces, bamboo-lined pools. Although the hotel has more than 500 rooms, you do not see a lot of people around due to the large space. The landscape design is even better--beautiful plants and flowers, little decks around the water for privacy, rest and view. If you want a place for a peaceful and relaxing vacation, this is the place for you.
3. Largest sea water pool in any hotels---175 meters from one end to another. This is in addition to two fresh water pools and a children' pool area. The pools are not heated, but the natural ambient temperature is so warm that it is really easy to get into the water. The only caveat is that it is too warm for serious swimming. One solution is to swim after dark, and it was perfect!
4. Big rooms/suites with ocean views: The bathroom is big, and beds are comfortable. The hotel is 2 years old, and the facilities are still in great shape. However, all hotels in China age fast, and it is not clear how this hotel will hold up. The staff mopped the hallways every day, but the mops themselves were smelly due to the high humidity. As a result, newly mopped hallway smelled of sewage. Please change mops often.
5. Outstanding services: the hotel has achieved the amazing level of good services in almost all the staff we came into contact. They showed great initiatives and went out of their ways to be helpful. This is not easy in China. For example, the staff who cleaned our room, 李凤杰, not only cleaned the room, but also made a pot of hot tea for us and left warm notes to us every day. Felipe, the assist. Director for F&B, made sure that we were seated at tables we liked and had everything we needed during breakfast, introduced various restaurants to us and even found us a very nice bottle of Bourgogne Chardonnay for our last dinner as a parting gift.
6. Food: We really liked XianHai restaurant and dined there three nights. This is Chinese food at its best: delicate, fresh, healthy, well-balanced and flavorful--poetic ! The chef, Mr Zhou, a very humble and friendly person, came out to meet us and talked to us about his cooking philosophy. He used the highest quality materials and strictly controlled the recipes. The food is never overwhelmed by heavy spice and sauces, as in the case of most low-class Chinese restaurants in China and around the world.
The breakfast spread is wonderful. While most food types are there everyday, they also rotate some items each day. Generally speaking, the Chinese food items are of better quality. The bakery items are not very good, perhaps because they catered more to Chinese taste. The noodle bar was really good. It is amazing how the kitchen staff can keep up with the hundreds of people who were taking breakfast at the same time.
6. The facilities: a great gym that was always empty (there is a ping pong table too). A large internal "ocean" with stand-up paddling and canoeing. A large children play center with a climbing wall. 4 swimming pools. Bar.
There is a restaurant street in 4 Km, where you can buy live seafood from a market and carry it to the restaurants next door where they cook for you for a small fee. That was a great way to taste fresh local seafood.
Overall, we had a very relaxing week here and enjoyed every minutes. I highly recommend the Sanya Edition and will definitely come back.
Great attention and beautiful resort. Every worker in the resort was incredibly kind, housekeepers, waiters, chefs, receptionists... Different restaurants; one Chinese, one barbacoa over the sand, the Egret (more occidental), the market (buffet) and the Sky bar (for drinks). All of them with an astonishing atmosphere.
Various swimming pools, one for kids, another with sea water and one for swimming. In the Ocean (which is a huge swimming pool) you can’t swim, it’s only for sailing or practicing sports such as paddle surf.
There’s a mall very close with a supermarket and many restaurants.
I would return without hesitating, it’s 100% a good choice.