La Casa Que Canta – Adults only
What We Love
- The large infinity pool, with peerless ocean views
- A Clarins spa featuring novel Mexican-inspired treatments
- Dining al fresco and under the stars
- The huge selection of tequilas in the lounge bar
What To Know
- The resort is adults-only (guests must be 16 or over)
- Reservations are recommended for the spa
- The hotel reserves the right to turn down large groups like bachelor and bachelorette parties
- Pets are not allowed
- Free WiFi
- Golf Course
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Stay in whitewashed rooms featuring Mexican handicrafts and wooden shuttered doors that open onto the bay, or upgrade to one of 11 Pool Suites, each offering a plunge pool-with-a-view. The hotel also offers private residences that include a staff and personal chef. On-site diversions include Mexican cooking classes with chef Antonio, a fitness center in a tranquil garden setting and shopping for regional Mexican arts and crafts at the boutique. In the Clarins Spa, meanwhile, experience a menu that features Mexican treatments like the “Nopal anti-cellulite wrap,” using aloe from the agave plant to soothe and tone.
In the Area
Zihuatanejo is known for its deep sea fishing, and several operators can arrange a day out on the water: Ixtapa Sport Fishing can help you bag Marlin, tuna, sailfish, in season. If simply admiring marine life is more your speed, sign up with Carlos Scuba on Las Gatas beach, for an underwater adventure. Back on dry land, hit the Mercado de Artesania to stock up on handicrafts from around the country before sampling some of the town’s best tacos al pastor at family-run joint Los Braseros.
How to Get There
My husband and I spent a week here for our anniversary. When we called to make the reservation Jessica helped us choose a room based on our preferences and it was perfect! A lovely young lady picked us up and the airport and brought us to the hotel where we were offered a cold drink during our check in. Our room (Valentina) was in the Luna tower and had a beautiful view, a deck with a couch, hammock, two lounge chairs and our very own infinity pool that was the perfect temperature. The bedroom and bathroom were wonderful spaces with comfortable linens, a huge walk in closet, double sinks and large shower (with plenty of hot water and pressure!)
I can't even get started on the food - because I will talk about everything!! (but seriously have the goat cheese ravioli appetizer it's beyond amazing) Every single thing we ate for breakfast, lunch and dinner was outstanding and served by staff that could not be kinder or do enough for us. Venustavio had our table waiting each evening at the point of the deck overlooking the bay where we watched the sunset while enjoying delicious cocktails. After recommending what we should order the first night we just let him take over from there and bring us whatever fish or other wonderful dish he thought we would like and he never disappointed!
If you are worried about the travel warnings please don't be worried about coming here. We walked to and from town and had absolutely no problems! We took the path to walk on Playa La Ropa multiple times and never felt unsafe at any point.
We will come back here and have already recommended it to friends. It is a relaxing, unique, special place.
A beautiful location, beautiful views, high end traditional Mexican architecture and decor and staff that never missed a beat! Excellent food and drinks, too! Felt so secure and well cared for! We have new best friends - Ramona, Elmanuel, Elio, and Irving! Can't wait to go back, planning on October this year. Even the Gym has such a fantastic view, working out is a joy! This is a must try!
We stayed at here for five nights for a couples week off. We upgraded to a pool suite which was stunning. Our room and view was breathtaking.
The only problem was the week we were there, their was a Christian rock/rap band that played their music at a deafening loudness on the beach side of Zihuat- not at all associated with the hotel but on a public beach. The whole city was under siege - they started playing in the morning and continued into the night. Because of this we could not relax at all in our room during this time. We were tempted to check out but called the front desk and were shown another room that had more soundproofing with windows and away from that side of the beach. Teresa who is the Manager understood our concerns but was unsure when the band would start or stop as they didn’t have a permit to play. We had one morning they woke us up at 8:00 am with a drum practice;(.
Teresa felt terrible about our situation as well as other guests in rooms close to the sound, and went out of her way to accommodate us- she showed us another alternative which was a villa and allowed us to move to the best room there. We then met Ramona who is in charge of the villas and she was outstanding! They went out of their way to make the rest of our stay very special- arranged a chef to make us a private dinner and we had a butler serving us. I would highly recommend a villa as they are amazing. Thank you Teresa and Ramona.
We understood from the locals that this was the first time this ever has happened (loud band) and it finally ended thankfully!
The hotel is stunning and the staff is amazing. Most of the staff have worked at the hotel since they opened and have a true pride in the place and making sure the guests have an amazing time.
The rooms are beautiful and the restaurant is amazing with reasonable prices. The infinity pool overlooking the sea is so great and there is another saltwater pool right on the water. The one time we ate dinner somewhere else it was almost double the price for not as good of food. You can walk right out to an amazing beach and rent catamarans, boogie boards, jet skis, etc. The town is beautiful and the people are amazing.
Kudos to the management to making our vacation amazing. Also we heard some Americans are afraid to visit Mexico- please don’t let the media scare you as it is very safe here!
In addition to seconding the rave reviews given by other travelers, four observations:
1. While you can't really find a more beautiful site for a hotel, and while the rooms are gorgeous, what makes La Casa Que Canta such an amazing place are the people. Every staff member with whom we had contact was unfailingly friendly and helpful. The reception staff, and particularly Laura, helped us with a dozen different requests, from dinner reservations to misplaced keys. The restaurant staff checks in routinely with guests lounging in the multiple levels of the hotel, and is always ready with cold water or anything you might want to order. Our room was always impeccably cleaned, with refrigerator stocked and beautiful flower arrangements left on the bed. One of the handymen at the hotel even spent 15 minutes helping to reinstall a lost screw into a pair of my wife's glasses. These things and more were all done with a smile and with graciousness.
2. The food at La Casa Que Canta has become truly exceptional. The menu changes daily, and the dishes often sparkle with inventiveness. Even a tried-and-true staple like tortilla soup was transformed into something very special. I asked our server how the nut-brown broth was made; typical of La Casa Que Canta, and without my asking, the next morning the recipe was waiting for me at the front desk.
3. Don't overlook the gym, perched on the side of the cliff with a sweeping view of Zihuatanejo Bay. Several machines, a good set of weights, the handiest supply of towels and water I've seen in a gym, and a separate room for stretching. You really can't beat being on a treadmill watching sailboats, diving birds, and breaking waves.
4. For those concerned about the State Department's listing, yes, it's safe. Though this was our first stay at La Casa Que Canta, we've been coming to Zihuatanejo on and off for almost 20 years. We felt as safe with this visit as with any. We weren't hotel-bound either, walking into downtown and spending hours on Playa La Ropa and the roads behind and above the beach. We never had any sense of insecurity nor did any of the guests at the hotel report any concerns.
This truly is a fabulous hotel.
I’ve never had service as good as we had for our trip last week. I can’t say enough about what a fantastic time we had. The resort, the views, the staff, the food were all absolutely fantastic. Say hello to Mario, Hugo, and venustiano for me!!