What We Love
- The diminutive size is perfect for romance-seeking couples
- Families or groups can book out the entire hotel
- A four course meal including cocktails and wine comes to around $100 for two
- The tranquil infinity pool and gazebo
What To Know
- The 3 bedrooms in the main house share a living room
- Downtown Zihuatanejo is a 15-minute walk from the hotel, while the beach is around 20
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Mexican architect Carlos Desormaux has created a rustic-luxe take on palapa living with this stucco and thatched-roof haven set among tropical gardens with a sweet lily pond and stunning infinity pool. The rooms have spectacular views of the ocean and the bay of Zihuatanejo, while the palm-shaded gazebo makes for an idyllic respite from the midday heat. Dinners at the casual restaurant are multi-course affairs that begin with drinks from the bar and can include local bounty like lobster and red snapper.
In the Area
Zihuatanejo might be renowned for its beautiful, swimmable beaches, but it’s a far cry from the bustle and loco lifestyle of Acapulco 150 miles to the south. Explore the waters teeming with marine life on a diving excursion with a scuba outfit based on picturesque Las Gatas Beach, or sign up for a sail fishing expedition, a popular pastime for aspiring Hemingways in these parts. Alternately, approach the wildlife without a hidden agenda on an eco tour of Park Bio Zihua, an iguana sanctuary and botanic garden.