Resort Mundo Imperial
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Resort Mundo Imperial in Acapulco (Diamante), you’ll be minutes from Forum de Mundo Imperial and close to La Isla Shopping Village. This 4-star resort is within the vicinity of Playa Revolcadero and El Revolcadero.
Make yourself at home in one of the 814 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and plasma televisions. Rooms have private balconies. Digital programming and iPod docking stations are provided for your entertainment, while wireless Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected. Partially open bathrooms with showers feature rainfall showerheads and complimentary toiletries.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 6 outdoor swimming pools, outdoor tennis courts, and a health club. Additional amenities at this resort include wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Food & Drink
Enjoy a meal at one of the resort’s dining establishments, which include 4 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink from a swim-up bar or one of the 2 poolside bars.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, a 24-hour front desk, and multilingual staff. Event facilities at this resort consist of conference space and meeting rooms.
How to Get There
Attending a Conference at the Mundo Imperial Convention Center , we stayed here. This hotel is wonderful as attendees, because you are a short walk from the Convention Halls, I mean 5 mins,
The personnel are very friendly, the restaurants and food are nice,only registration is very slow, but you are very far from a beach.
The hotel has shuttles with very few frequencies to a beach in the other hotels of Mundo Imperial complex and I'm not sure if it has an extra cost.
Huge enormous place. The rooms are extremely spacious and nicely decorated BUT... you don't feel in the beach. You will feel in Las Vegas. Too much construction, huge dry spaces, multiple pools but still in the middle of concrete. No beach. The food is extremely expensive and you are not allowed to bring in your stuff. Service so so. Not my cup of tea
I visited Mundo Imperial this month only for a day. I can resume the experience as Bad. Reservation was changed with out notice, receptionist could not explain. No bell boy to carry luggage to my room which was almost 500 meters away from lobby. On top of that I
I decided to keep the room because I was so tired from 1500 kms motorcycle ride . Finished unpacking and went down to the pool. Asked for a towel and they said they used all they had. So I could not use the pool. When back to room and tried to order room service!!! 40 min waiting for the representative to answer and decided to call management. They called the room service extension from management and they didn’t answer either. manager offered to go himself to kitchen but I said don’t worry, just help me to get service on one of your restaurants. I explained I only have a salad at night so I needed to find out which restaurant can accommodate my needs. It took 20 minutes for him to call back with an answer and directed me to one of the restaurants. When I irrites the chef was waiting for me and we chat. At the end of this episode I had to leave the restaurant because a plain lettuce cucumber and tomato salad with oil and vinegar was not possible to make, really they don’t have all the ingredients to make it, Soni had to get a taxi at 9 pm to find a restaurant that can produce one. Horrible experience, never coming back to this hotel. There are many more options that are way better tan Mundo Imperial. Please be advised
- relatively new
- good number of pools
- horrible customer service in all aspects
- extorvise prices (breakfast, restaurants, bars, etc)
- noisy (there is a huge site with lots of noise nearby)
- unprepared staff (poor training, bad attitude, dishonest, aggressive attitude, etc etc)
Examples of disappointment:
1) charged 2 times our room and refused to give us cash back; they kept our usd 500 for 3-5 days and bank took longer to reimburse us;
2) pool closes at 8pm (in a beach resort??? Hello!!!)
3) 20 min for check-in ??? Super long queue and super bureaucratic process
4) no replacement of toiletries in room
5) poor hotel layout (long corridors to get from point a to b)
6) everything as to be paid cash... credit card is an option but usually terminals don’t work; I am pretty sure this has to be with tax questions
7) there is a pool of waves but rarely working
8) among others
I would like to highlight, 3 persons in special:
1) Karina - check out counter - she charged us 2 times and didn’t assume her mistake...
2) Daniel Terrazas - ‘manager’ - for sure he should be anything close to a manager - totally unprepared, lack of authonomy, arrogant attitude - totally useless
3) Tomás - the director - promised us from day 1 to day 2 to solve our double charming problem. Agree on a meeting next day at 11am and didn’t show up - shame on you
4) the ‘security guard’: a chubby ugly unprepared guy, with agressive attitude, etc; he had even invited our driver for an outdoor fight... shame on you - he refused to inform his name for us to report on this post; lucky him that our driver who is master black belt in krav mag is a very prepared guy and managed his emotions; the poor hotel security guy would be really in trouble, otherwise
Long story short: they make a good a propaganda online but the reality and execution is far from reality. My best piece of advise: go to Fiesta Americana or any other similar, where the standards of quality and service are guaranteed, and customers are treated with respect and honestly
I really enjoyed my stay here, with plenty of space and loads of pools all it needed was a beach front. This being said it is connect to the Princess which has a private beach you can use and a safari like bus that travels between the two so technically it has access. No complaints with the room, air con cold, water hotncold, ultra clean, bed fine plenty of pillows, balcony. There is a shopping plaza over the road, I picked up a bunch of sovereigns without the ‘traveler tax’. Might need google translator at reception if you don’t speak Spanish.