Fiesta Americana Villas Acapulco
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Fiesta Americana Villas Acapulco, you’ll be centrally located in Acapulco, walking distance from Acapulco International Center and close to Diana the Huntress. This 4-star resort is within close proximity of Delfines Paradise and Acapulco Golf Club.
Make yourself at home in one of the 324 air-conditioned rooms featuring DVD players. Rooms have private balconies. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature deep soaking bathtubs and complimentary toiletries.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Dip into one of the 2 outdoor swimming pools or enjoy other recreational amenities, which include a health club. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Food & Drink
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the resort’s 24-hour room service. Thirsty? Quench your thirst at a bar/lounge, a beach bar, or a poolside bar.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk.
How to Get There
Unfortunately based on our experience I cannot recommend the property. My comments are divided to three categories: room design, things specific to our room and those about the overall property.
1. The design of the shower/tub makes it the most difficult and unsafe to get in and to get out that I have encountered; especially for individuals of a shorter stature.
2. The room containing the toilet is very small and difficult to maneuver in.
1. The rooms are of good size and well equipped.
2. Unlike many timeshares, housekeeping is daily
Specific to our Room
1. We did not sleep for six and a half nights. There is a bar across the street that plays very very very loud music until 7AM. Even though we were on the 16th floor it was unbearable. At about 4AM on our last night at the property we were able to convince the front desk to let us move to room away from the very loud music. This room was quiet, had air-conditioning that worked well and was much cleaner.
2. The quality of housekeeping in our original room was poor (eg. the tub/shower was not clean and the room had spider webs).
3. The room would not cool down enough even at night.
1. The view from our room and our two decks was exceptional.
1. Erroneous charge on the hotel statement. The error was not clerical but rather was fraud. Poolside we ordered drinks. Before we left we asked for the check and charged it to our room. Charging to your room required that we write on the check our room number, name and signature. Later at the same location another check was charged to our room for a pizza that we did not order. Examination of the check showed an attempt to forge my signature. What I believe happened was that someone who ordered a pizza left the pool without paying. The employee tried to cover the charge by copying from our drink receipt and forging my signature.
2. The best pool chair locations were reserved every morning by hotel staff for "special guests" which apparently did not include RCI exchanges.
3. Too many of the staff were unable to understand the English language.
4. It is difficult to access the beach.
5. Management indifference regarding guest concerns and failure to follow up as promised.
6. Language barriers made ordering food from room service was somewhere between difficult and impossible.
7. At pool side we purchased ice cream. Payment had to be in peso cash. Room charge was not available for this purchase and the hotel would not convert dollar bills into pesos.
8. The Wi-Fi was shut-down from about 2AM until 7AM
1. The large pool with a perfect water temperature.
2. The food at dinner was always good and sometimes great.
3. The wait staff were very attentive.
4. The Wi-Fi worked great from 7AM until about 2AM.
1. When checking in insist on a room with a number that ends in 27-37.
2. Check your statement carefully for charges that are not yours.
3. Have some cash in pesos for spending in the local economy and for hotel purchases that do not accept charging to the room.
4. Tip generously as hotel employees depend on tips for their livelihood. (I was told that most positions are paid the equivalent of $4 US per day). For example at the breakfast buffet where received consistently excellent service we tipped the equivalent of $5 US each day. For dinner where we also received consistently excellent service we tipped 20%, a private tour that cost $200 US we tipped the equivalent of $40 US, a $30 US taxi to and from the airport we tipped the equivalent of $10 US. Even the chamber maid that we were disappointed with we tipped the equivalent of $10 US.
Warm weather getaway - My fiancé and I traveled with my sister and her fiancé to Acapulco for the first time during the Thanksgiving holiday. We had a great time exploring, eating/drinking, and relaxing. The pool offered by Fiesta Americana was nice, with two different options to swim in and ocean side with a perfect view. The food onsite was great, they even hosted a Thanksgiving dinner while there. The service staff was exceptional and accommodated me with any questions or problems. I speak little broken Spanish and was thankful that the staff was patient with me and that there were some bilingual staff to understand my needs.
My one complaint - the loud music that played from across the street at night from sun down to sun up. With windows and drapes closed you could still hear and feel the music while laying down. The funny thing was that the place playing the music was basically empty all night. Luckily, we were so exhausted at the end of each day we were able to sleep through it.
Airport transportation and tours - There's no shuttle from airport to Fiesta Americana. We selected for transportation and tours acapulcoforall.com by Sebastian Hernandez and would love to recommend him to others. Everything was perfect and perfectly-arranged. Read more about him doing a Google search under acapulcoforall.com
If you are looking for a nice slow paced and relaxing resort this is it. The staff is fantastic and very friendly and the food is very reasonably priced. Rent a bed overlooking the ocean it is very affordable and quiet, the drink and food prices at the pool can't be beat. This resort has great WIFI throughout the resort and we had no problems connecting and streaming content on it. This resort mostly caters to families and locals so there is not a huge party scene at the pool which is very nice. There are ample restaurants close to the resort within walking distance if you want to get out a little.
A wonderful facility, and if you are as lucky as we were, spectacular views. An ability to speak some Spanish is a definite plus here. If you want to be surrounded by Americans, Canadians or Europeans this is not the place for you. All the guests we encountered were Mexicans, and mostly from Mexico City. Our 2 bedroom suite was beautiful, and all services were extraordinary, and friendly. Pools are lovely, and poolside service friendly and fast. Our only complaint would be a lack of local and tourist information. I assume that the Mexicans, mostly from Mexico City come for relaxation, and what the hotel has to offer. For the occasional gringo, such info. would be helpful.
Had a terrific time here. Overall a great resort. Our room had a great view. The only issue was being vegetarians we had limited choice of food. But other then that we had a very relaxing vacation here and enjoyed the pool and the access to the beach a lot.