Shangri-la Hotel, Shenzhen
What We Love
- Convenient location in the heart of Shenzhen (there’s a metro stop right in front of the hotel)
- Classic Shangri-La service
- Food and drinks with a bird’s-eye view at the 360° Bar
- Shang Palace’s all-you-can-eat dim sum: excellent Cantonese at an unbeatable price
- The Horizon Club floor’s great views and VIP amenities, like breakfast, nightly cocktails and more — gain access by booking a Horizon Club Room
- Upscale perks like a fifth-floor swimming pool, driving range and fully equipped gym
What To Know
- The area is geared toward business travelers; expect to see them at the hotel
- Though the hotel's restaurants are all excellent, you'll be cheating yourself if you don't venture out at least once for a taste of Shenzhen's culture
- Shenzhen is known for great shopping, but try to avoid massive, crowded Luohu Commercial City mall across the street
- You will need a Chinese visa to visit Shenzhen; see the U.S. State Department website for details
- Free WiFi
Shangri-la Hotel, Shenzhen is centrally located in Shenzhen, walking distance from Luohu Commercial City and close to Luohu Port. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of International Foreign Trade Center and Shun Hing Square.
Make yourself at home in one of the 522 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and minibars. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature deep soaking bathtubs and complimentary toiletries. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Be sure to enjoy recreational amenities, including a health club, an outdoor pool, and a sauna. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 4 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. Buffet breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request).
How to Get There
Somehow it seems that even in hotels of this category are having trouble with isolating the rooms. The heater did not work and it was less then 20 degrees Celsius in my room.
The frontdesk helped and I got an additional heather and that was partially ok
What you should not miss the restaurant at the 32nd floor with amazing views
Its a bit old but the food, location, and comfort make up for it! The staff is extremely nice and accommodating. I left my new Samsung phone they contacted me via email to return it. I got my full dose of CNN and HBO actually I did not want to leave!
Great hotel. Location right next to Lo Wu shopping centre and train station back to Hong Kong.
Pay the extra $20/person for the happy hour on the horizon floor - 2 hours of drinks and nibbles - fantastic!
This is the only hotel during our trip where I am 100% satisfied and have given 5*. From staff, to location, to service, to breakfast, everything is just perfect about this hotel.
1. The staff at this hotel is friendly and helpful.
2. Rooms are well lit, enough in terms of size, however the main door of the room is quiet small.
3. they serve one of the best breakfast in town, so many healthy options and everything was lovely
4. The hotel is at a walking distance from Lohu Mall, one of the cheap bargain market and you can get lot of stuff which you can buy to give as gifts or for your personal use.
5. The train station is also at a walking distance.
overall this hotel is fantastic and we will definitely stay here again.
My friends and I love this hotel. We always book Horizon Club rooms, which are very comfortable. What makes this hotel stand out, is the superb hospitality. The staff are amazing. Cannot praise them enough. We had stayed for several days in Hong Kong, in a newly opened hotel. That hotel could take a few lessons in hospitality from Shangri-la, Shenzhen. Breakfast and evening cocktails/food are served in the Horizon Club Lounge. Excellent variety of food - absolutely no complaints. The staff are constantly checking supplies and clearing tables, whilst the chef continually checks the food on offer. Walking distance to Louhu shopping centre and the train station. Thank you Mina, Julia and Wayne for another wonderful stay. Hope to see you again next year.