Avli Lounge Apartments
What We Love
- Daily breakfast and a welcome drink served with local snacks are included in the Jetsetter rate
- Location in the heart of Rethymno’s car-free medieval old town
- Gourmet restaurant serving innovative Cretan cuisine, plus one of the best-stocked wine cellars on the island
- A la carte breakfast (served 9 a.m. to 12 noon) in the courtyard garden
- Eight-person rooftop Jacuzzi, with parasols, deck chairs and splendid city views
- Raw Materials shop on-site stocks local olive oil, wine and other delicacies — great presents to take home
What To Know
- Peaceful and romantic, Avli is more geared to couples than families
- The nearest parking spaces are a five-minute walk away; staff will assist with luggage on request
- There’s no elevator or ground-floor accommodation, so it’s not suitable for those with impaired mobility
- To explore the island’s most isolated (and beautiful) beaches, you really need to rent a car
- WiFi is free
- READ MORE: A vacation guide to the Greek Islands
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Avli Lounge Apartments in Rethymnon (Old Town Rethymnon), you’ll be minutes from Rimondi Fountain and Fortezza Castle. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Neratze Mosque and Minaret and Venetian Loggia.
Make yourself at home in one of the 7 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring refrigerators and free minibar items. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters and Egyptian cotton sheets. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, and flat-screen televisions with satellite programming provide entertainment. Bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a spa tub or take in the view from a rooftop terrace and a garden. This Art Deco hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Grab a bite to eat at one of the hotel’s 2 restaurants and 2 coffee shops/cafés, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Relax with a refreshing drink at one of the 3 bars/lounges.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a business center, and express check-in. A roundtrip airport shuttle is available for a surcharge.
How to Get There
Great experience. We have never been so well received.
The Avli staff is amazing.
The apartments are very well located in the historic center of Retinmo. Spacious, very clean and quiet.
We would repeat without doubdt
What a special place Avli is. The care and attention to detail in every aspect of the hotel and restaurant is exceptional.
We arrived in the evening after a long day of travelling and were welcomed so warmly by Stelios who took us into the Avli restaurant for complimentary drinks and Cretan meze platter which was a lovely touch.
Our room, the red suite, was perfect - tucked away in another of the beautifully restored Venetian buildings that make up the Avli site literally around the corner from the restaurant and main reception it was a complete oasis of quiet and calm, you would never believe the busy and beautiful old town was literally around the corner!
Every aspect of our experience at Avli during our holiday was excellent: the traditional Cretan breakfasts in the tranquil courtyard garden, every member of staff we met or dealt with, the food and service in the Avli restaurant, the rooftop terrace and jacuzzi pool.....it all made for a wonderful and very special holiday! A perfect base for a holiday in Crete or just staying in Rethymno and exploring.
Top tips - go up onto the rooftop to watch the sunset and see the swifts flying in the evening, try as much as you can on the menu - I have never had such fabulous food and all explained so well in relation to Cretan traditions, make sure you eat in both Avli and their sister taverna Raki Ba Raki opposite - you will not be disappointed!
Finally, a special mention for the lovely Stavroula, what an asset she is to Avli, we felt like family by the time we left!
Would highly recommend the whole Avli experience and are already planning our return!
We had a wonderful stay here while in Rethymnon. Beautiful location right in the middle of the old town. Hotel is across a series of old buildings- all renovated and lovely. We stayed in one of the suites with roof top plunge pool. So cool! Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Lovely breakfast included. Restaurant was so pretty and atmosphere genuine Cretian. Could not be nicer.