Avli Lounge Apartments
What We Love
- Daily breakfast and a welcome drink served with local snacks are included in the Jetsetter rate
- Location in the heart of Rethymno’s car-free medieval old town
- Gourmet restaurant serving innovative Cretan cuisine, plus one of the best-stocked wine cellars on the island
- A la carte breakfast (served 9 a.m. to 12 noon) in the courtyard garden
- Eight-person rooftop Jacuzzi, with parasols, deck chairs and splendid city views
- Raw Materials shop on-site stocks local olive oil, wine and other delicacies — great presents to take home
What To Know
- Peaceful and romantic, Avli is more geared to couples than families
- The nearest parking spaces are a five-minute walk away; staff will assist with luggage on request
- There’s no elevator or ground-floor accommodation, so it’s not suitable for those with impaired mobility
- To explore the island’s most isolated (and beautiful) beaches, you really need to rent a car
- WiFi is free
- READ MORE: A vacation guide to the Greek Islands
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Avli Lounge Apartments in Rethymnon (Old Town Rethymnon), you’ll be minutes from Rimondi Fountain and Fortezza Castle. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Neratze Mosque and Minaret and Venetian Loggia.
Make yourself at home in one of the 7 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring refrigerators and free minibar items. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters and Egyptian cotton sheets. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, and flat-screen televisions with satellite programming provide entertainment. Bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a spa tub or take in the view from a rooftop terrace and a garden. This Art Deco hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Grab a bite to eat at one of the hotel’s 2 restaurants and 2 coffee shops/cafés, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Relax with a refreshing drink at one of the 3 bars/lounges.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a business center, and express check-in. A roundtrip airport shuttle is available for a surcharge.
How to Get There
Lovely welcome excellent room and bathroom great breakfast can’t wait to return Bed very comfortable location in the centre of old town Every time we stay we come away with a smile feeling special and very lucky
Rethymno has numerous options from 5 star beachfront modern hotels to small Air BnB rentals. However the historic district is where it’s at .Full of life ,open stores, soup to nuts .Pharmacys open late, restaurants, bars and locals galore.
Avli lounge is not only a place to hang your hat but a location to call home. From the welcome greeting of CONSTANTINO,or the smile of ELENI , your journey within the walls of this wonderful location starts with a warmth you will never see at a Marriott or Hilton..
Another often overlooked item is that this location has an amazing restaurant.The kitchen puts out a cooked to order varied breakfast and in the evening serves a street side tabled mezza type menu or simply step inside to the Garden and find a mesmerizing,candle lite epicurean meals to write home about. Again the wait staff at the restaurant are smiling, helpful on local ingredients and they certainly go the extra mile daily.
I had a friend recommend this hotel for dinner and mentioned the hotel look really nice to even though she didn’t stay here. My husband and I did some research and decided to book this hotel and I’m so glad we did. AVIL Lounge Apartments is a lovely hotel in the heart of Rethymnon. Elena the concierge was an absolute gem to work with! She surprised us a honeymoon upgrade which was so sweet for our one night in Rethymnon. It was a stay I will cherish. The restaurant is delicious (we had breakfast and dinner there) and it’s in a beautiful floral setting. I highly recommend this place for both accommodations and dining.