Jekyll Island Club Hotel
What We Love
- The club’s Victorian grandeur and manicured grounds surrounded by the Intracoastal Waterway
- A stone’s throw from the island’s 240-acre museum-packed historic district
- On-site dining options abound: Have high tea in the Riverview Lounge off the Grand Dining Room, lunch at Café Solterra and dinner at Courtyard at Crane Cottage
- Soaking in South Georgia sun from the island’s remote beaches or by the club’s pool, open year-round
- Quiet distractions, from the cozy library and lawn croquet to the putting green and pool
- Free beach shuttle to the other side of the island
What To Know
- Jekyll is known for its slower pace; come ready to relax and unplug, either as a family or on a romantic retreat
- Free WiFi can be slow; not ideal for working vacations
- Dining choices on the island are limited, but there are five on-site options
- Emphasis on the outdoors means room decor is a tad uninspiring
- The island is about an hour-and-a-half drive from Savannah, Georgia, and Jacksonville, Florida; for private arrival by air, plan to fly directly into Jekyll Airport, a mile away
- Entry onto the island is $6 per car, so plan ahead with cash
- Free WiFi
- Golf Course
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Jekyll Island Club Hotel in Jekyll Island, you’ll be next to a golf course and minutes from Georgia Sea Turtle Center, and close to Jekyll Island Golf Club. This family-friendly resort is within close proximity of Jekyll Island State Park and Jekyll Harbor Marina.
Make yourself at home in one of the 157 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and coffee/tea makers.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. If you’re looking for recreational opportunities, you’ll find an outdoor pool and a fitness center. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Getting to the surf and sand is a breeze with the complimentary beach shuttle.
Enjoy a meal at one of the resort’s dining establishments, which include 2 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access room service (during limited hours). Thirsty? Quench your thirst at a bar/lounge, a beach bar, or a poolside bar. Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available for a fee.
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-out, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Planning an event in Jekyll Island? This resort has 8500 square feet (790 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms. Free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We go every year and it is a favorite of every single family member. The pool bar is great, the Pier dining, bike riding around the island, the beach and the food! We love it all! We are a family of two adults a 17year old and an 8 year old and we all agree it's wonderful
A Sunday Brunch is usually a boring display of the usual break/lunch stuff. One pass and your about done. Not here. The food is displayed beautifully and in large amounts. Fresh slices of ham, beef and seafood in abundance. Desserts, salads, appetizers, juices, just keeps coming out and replenished. Then there is the champagne. Did I mention the coffee? We look forward to this every time we get to JI. It’s a bit expensive, but you get your money’s worth. Casual dress, comfortable setting, great service. Treat yourself. You can thank me later!
We booked a night at the Jeckyll Island Club resort for a little get away on our way home. When we checked in the property was GORGEOUS and Was looking forward to what our room view would be. Well surprise (I had booked on hotels.com) One window overlooked the dump for the construction happening above us and one overlooked the AC units. On a Saturday they were doing some very loud renovations above us which made for a less than relaxing situation. We wondered why hotels.com never told us there may be construction happening -its a historic building after all. Round and round we finally got them to quit. We decided to take advantage of the day and sit by the pool, have drinks and go out for a nice dinner at the Grand dining Hall. Service form Jeremy and Tasha was outstanding! Every employee we encountered on our stay was helpful and outgoing, which mostly made up for the room issues. Thanks Hunter and Tim the piano guy too!! After breakfast and an omelet the size of the plate, we checked out and mentioned the construction to the new front desk who promptly and unexpectedly made it right. We just wanted to remind them in case anyone was checking in to the room later. More than satisfied with how it was handled. Moral of the story- Just be nice to the hotel staff, and they'll be nice to you.<3 We would love to go back and spend more time next time.