Jekyll Island Club Hotel
What We Love
- The club’s Victorian grandeur and manicured grounds surrounded by the Intracoastal Waterway
- A stone’s throw from the island’s 240-acre museum-packed historic district
- On-site dining options abound: Have high tea in the Riverview Lounge off the Grand Dining Room, lunch at Café Solterra and dinner at Courtyard at Crane Cottage
- Soaking in South Georgia sun from the island’s remote beaches or by the club’s pool, open year-round
- Quiet distractions, from the cozy library and lawn croquet to the putting green and pool
- Free beach shuttle to the other side of the island
What To Know
- Jekyll is known for its slower pace; come ready to relax and unplug, either as a family or on a romantic retreat
- Free WiFi can be slow; not ideal for working vacations
- Dining choices on the island are limited, but there are five on-site options
- Emphasis on the outdoors means room decor is a tad uninspiring
- The island is about an hour-and-a-half drive from Savannah, Georgia, and Jacksonville, Florida; for private arrival by air, plan to fly directly into Jekyll Airport, a mile away
- Entry onto the island is $6 per car, so plan ahead with cash
- Free WiFi
- Golf Course
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Jekyll Island Club Hotel in Jekyll Island, you’ll be next to a golf course and minutes from Georgia Sea Turtle Center, and close to Jekyll Island Golf Club. This family-friendly resort is within close proximity of Jekyll Island State Park and Jekyll Harbor Marina.
Make yourself at home in one of the 157 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and coffee/tea makers.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. If you’re looking for recreational opportunities, you’ll find an outdoor pool and a fitness center. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Getting to the surf and sand is a breeze with the complimentary beach shuttle.
Enjoy a meal at one of the resort’s dining establishments, which include 2 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access room service (during limited hours). Thirsty? Quench your thirst at a bar/lounge, a beach bar, or a poolside bar. Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available for a fee.
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-out, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Planning an event in Jekyll Island? This resort has 8500 square feet (790 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms. Free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Jekyll Island is absolutely beautiful! If you are looking for a quiet get away surrounded by beautiful grounds and beautiful sunsets this is your place. They have 20 miles of bike trails as well as bike rentals. The rooms are as close to original as you can get and still have modern accommodations. This being said, there are no elevators, BUT there are helpful and friendly staff that will take care of your luggage for you.
The staff is very friendly, helpful and will answer any questions you ask.
There are several place to eat on the grounds as well as the Grand Dinning room in the main building.
We explored the Island and visited many historical places marked with information about each place.
There is an open air mall to buy gifts( once you leave the grounds) and we even visited a Turtle Rehabilitation center where my daughter and I adopted Glitter Mittens, an injured sea turtle.
I would recommend this place to anyone and plan to visit again.
A beautiful location with so much history. We celebrated our 52nd wedding anniversary in the main dining room which was both elegant and delicious.
The accommodations were very nice and grounds beautiful. We rented bikes and took a very interesting tour.
Jekyll Island Club takes you back in history. We ate dinner twice at the Wharf restaurant which was very good.
I would highly recommend the Jekyll Island Club
We stopped here while vacationing in jekyll island, this were some of the best bartenders I had ever seen, very friendly fun, in fact one of them actually moved from the Tennessee area that's where we are from. Great views, great food, great service. Definitely will be back.