Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach
What We Love
- Each room features its own private balcony
- The hotel's soaring, dramatically lit lobby
- The location in lively Broadbeach, a short stroll from the Pacific and the city's convention center
- There's a lit tennis court for matches day or night and an indoor games room
What To Know
- The hotel connects to the Oasis Shopping Centre and is linked to the Jupiters Casino by monorail
- There are four theme parks within an hour's drive
- WiFi is an additional cost of $29.50 per day
- Parking On Site
While Australia is famed for its natural wonders, in buzzy Broadbeach on Queensland’s Gold Coast, manmade attractions are also a major draw. The high-rise Sofitel, with its 296 rooms, two pools, and access to a casino and shopping mall, is perfect for those who like to be at the center of the action. Pared down rooms in white and brown allow the city or Pacific Ocean views to pop, with all the amenities you’d expect of a major 5 star resort, like marble bathrooms and flatscreen TVs. There are two dining options, both with a sophisticated urban vibe; TC’s sports bar offers a more casual ambiance plus a host of indoor games.
In the Area
The Gold Coast boasts some of Australia’s most renowned surfing beaches like the aptly named Surfers Paradise; beginners can get a taste for the waves at the Cheyne Horan Surf School. The area is also known for its Humpback Whale sightings; boats like Spirit of the Gold Coast offer half day tours. Kids will get a kick out of the region’s theme parks like Sea World, Warner Brothers’ Movie World, and Wet ‘n’ Wild Gold Coast, while animal lovers will adore Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, the perfect place to spot kangaroos, koalas, and crocs.