The Westin Grand, Berlin
What We Love
- A glamorous five-star Berlin hotel, with breakfast and your own piece of the Berlin WallTaking a piece of the iconic Berlin Wall home with you
- Relaxing in the hotel's sumptuous spa with an indulgent treatment or two
- The impressive glass ceiling in the hotel's atrium
What To Know
- Relish restaurant serves up regional, German fare
- Central location means it's an easy walk to sites like Brandenburg Gate, Gendarmenmarkt and Potsdamer Platz
- There's a small indoor pool
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
The “Grand” in its name doesn’t lie. When you step into the lobby of the five-star Westin Grand Berlin, the first thing you’ll see is an elegant open staircase and captivating 100-foot atrium, crowned by a stunning glass ceiling. Throughout this luxe hotel – with interiors hallmarked by warm neutrals and muted colors, combined with timeless details – you’ll find a spa, renowned restaurant, panoramic bar and summer terrace, perfect for relaxing in between bouts of sightseeing.
Waking up to views of the hotel’s idyllic garden, you’d be forgiven for forgetting you’re in the city, but as soon as you step outside, there’ll be no doubt you’re in the German capital. This TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence winner is located right in the beating heart of Berlin, in the city’s center, or “Mitte.” A short stroll from the hotel, you can explore Friedrichstrasse, Unter den Linden, The Brandenburg Gate, the Reichstag or Potsdamer Platz, where history and the city’s brand-new contemporary vibes meet.
Decorated in warm, neutral tones, Garden Deluxe rooms boast views of the hotel’s tranquil private garden.
Visit Emotion Spa, which offers a range of sophisticated treatments to soothe you from head to toe. Relax in the indoor heated pool with a whirlpool in a truly tranquil setting. For a post-sightseeing treat, try the Heavenly Relaxing Treatment, including the Oriental Experience Massage and the Wild Rose Brilliance Facial.
The menu at Relish restaurant offers modern creative dishes incorporating the region’s whole foods. Try the daily “surprise me” dish crafted by Chef Peter Hampl – the plates burst with flavor and seasonal regional produce. Before dinner, The Lobby Bar, with its panoramic windows, is an ideal spot to soak up city scenes with a glass of champagne in hand. If the weather allows, it’s well worth venturing onto the summer terrace overlooking Friedrichstrasse to watch the world go by.
The hotel boasts a prime address right in the center of Berlin. Situated at the junction of Friedrichstrasse and Unter den Linden, you’ll be in the perfect place to explore everything from the Brandenburg Gate and Gendarmenmarkt to Museum Island and Potsdamer Platz.
How to Get There
Certainly not the best "Westin" I have stayed in, we had an upgrade but still found the room quite small especially the bathroom, no separate shower. The breakfast was nothing special at 30 euros have had a lot better for less. The entrance to the hotel is beautiful, looking up into the dome with all the bedroom doors around. The big plus is the large circular pool with the lights changing colour periodically, also the bottle water in the room now comes in glass bottles ( well done). unfortunately there is no club floor.
Grand it certainly is. But it hasn’t been improved for a long time and for such an expensive hotel....
- air conditioning didn’t work properly in the room (it may have well been set centrally to save money) and I asked twice for it to be fixed
- air conditioning either not turned in or not working in the very small gym
- nobody around to book a spa treatment
- absence of power point at the right places in the room. Feels like room layout was set before laptops became common currency.
Worst of all was the Internet. In the evenings speed was so slow that even Netflix had difficulty across all of my devices
Great Hotel in the best location in Berlin. Close to Brandenburg gate and tourist bus routes. Walking distance to many sites, Highly recommended. Staff wonderful and very helpful for all your needs. Rooms clean and tidy. Good pool and Gym.