What We Love
- A modern boutique hotel with a slew of awards to its name – includes breakfastThe central yet quiet location in Berlin's upscale Charlottenburg district
- Knowing that your hotel was awarded a TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Award 2016
- Kick-starting your day with a complimentary breakfast
What To Know
- The hotel offers complimentary coffee, cake and ice cream in the afternoons
- Located on a quiet street not far from U-Bahn and S-Bahn stations
- Free WiFi can be weak
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
A stay at Hotel OTTO places you in the heart of Berlin, minutes from Technical University and close to Reichstag Building. This 4-star hotel is close to Brandenburg Gate and Checkpoint Charlie Museum.
Stay in one of 46 guestrooms featuring LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Enjoy recreation amenities such as bicycles to rent or take in the view from a rooftop terrace. Additional features at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services.
Food & Drink
Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Buffet breakfasts are available daily from 7 AM to noon for a fee.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, dry cleaning/laundry services, and multilingual staff. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
Hotel is located on a relatively quiet street, nice neighborhood, street with different small shops, several coffee shops, small convenience fruit shop, German book store, hair dresser, optician, restaurants, walking distance from 2 different train stations on each side.
1. Clean environment, quiet hotel in general, mattress medium firmness, pillows can be better are little too soft & little clumpy, room pleasant colors, modern, adequate lighting, generally outside and inside felt safe day and night, no fridge in the room, I didn't see air conditioning which can be a problem in the summer being used to US air conditioned hotels, electric fan available in the room, lack of air conditioning wasn't a problem for me because outside temperature was 50s to 60s Fahrenheit early October, opened the window for ventilation one night & got couple of mosquitoes, I Googled it and found out it's reported in Berlin in the summer, so I only opened the window intermittently, but, didn't see again perhaps because the weather was getting colder, windows don't have insect screens. The bathroom was clean, had all what I needed, but the bathroom waste basket too small. There was a small safe box in the back room, I didn't use. Wi-Fi included, I connected once easily, I didn't need it. I didn't see or look for a SPA in the hotel.
2. I only communicated couple of times with the person at the desk to ask for directions, was friendly.
3. there is a lounge on 7th floor, can have breakfast there, looked fine, I didn't use it because I had to be at the conference, I took the trains.
4. Room locked with keys, the elevator opens to stairs located between 2 floors, can walk down or up the stairs to reach the floor and rooms, I thought that was interesting, how is that accessible to person with disability I thought?
5. I didn't see 'ramp' for wheeled bags or the disabled at the front door of the hotel, perhaps there is another entrance, not sure, front door locks at 11 PM, need to use room keys to open hotel front doors.
6. I didn't investigate how far a healthcare facility was, which I usually do on my travels.
7. I saw families and couples as hotel guests.
Overall impression: Boutique hotel, had all what I needed for my conference as a solo non-disabled traveler in early October visit, I liked it's location on this street, no hotel is for everyone, but as described in End of September-October was good for my purpose, if I was there in the summer I may have a different opinion, especially without air conditioning, I would recommend it overall understanding it's limitations, if I was the owner I think there is room for improvement in design but that requires some investment and ideas, even though I know that no hotel is for everyone, it's a fine hotel for the right travelers. I will give it a rating of 3 to 4 (~ 3.5) understanding what I described above.
We again choose hotel Otto as we liked the location - near we found TK Maxx shopping center, breakfast with nice view to the city and super friendly staff! We liked free coffee, mineral water and cakes after 2 p.m. in hotel restaurant.
The hotel was clean and warm. Couple of bits of feedback though. We were woken both mornings by 6am - firstly by some kind of construction truck which was delivering building materials and the noise lasted for 45 minutes and then the second morning by a couple arguing in the corridor - at 6am!!! Then breakfast is very expensive for what you get - much better to visit the bakers on the corner nearby. But I was most disappointed that on check out I wasn't asked whether everything had been alright with the visit, so no opportunity to give them this feedback. Oh and be careful reception closes at 11pm - our flight was delayed 4 hours so we only got to the hotel at 10.30pm and had no idea that it would have been shut at 11!