Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
A stay at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel places you in the heart of Atlanta, walking distance from APEX Museum and AmericasMart. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Museum of Design Atlanta and Georgia State University.
Make yourself at home in one of the 763 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and LED televisions. Cable programming and video-game consoles are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Don’t miss out on the many recreational opportunities, including a 24-hour health club, an indoor pool, and a spa tub. Additional amenities at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Food & Drink
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 2 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. Planning an event in Atlanta? This hotel has 95000 square feet (8826 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and meeting rooms. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
We booked a room January 4th they ran our card today and there was a glitch instead of contacting us they just canceled our room and would not talk with us and now there are no rooms available at any hotels in the area. Also we have flights and paid for a concert but now no where to stay. We are also rewards members
We were initially excited to host our wedding guests at the Sheraton. However, once our contract was signed, the level of customer service went downhill immediately.
(1) Our room block was set to expire. We sent 3 follow-up emails to our assigned Event Coordinator regarding adding additional rooms over the course of 2 weeks prior to the expiration date. We did not receive a response until we sent a formal complaint to her Manager. We understand Coordinators are busy with other clients and competing priorities. However, should it take 2 weeks to respond to an email? No. ESPECIALLY when it is your JOB to coordinate. It was unfortunate that we found ourselves chasing the Event Coordinators & Sales team to ask questions about additional rooms, lounge space, etc. Each communication required what felt like a mandatory 3-4 follow-up emails before even receiving an initial response over the course of 3 months. We considered hosting additional pre-wedding events at the hotel. However, due to the highly delayed feedback and disorganization exuded by the establishment, we decided to take our business elsewhere.
(2) We called ahead of our arrival to ensure that the proper guest names were added to each room reservation. We called twice: once to Marriott national reservation and second directly to the hotel. When we arrived, NOTHING was updated as discussed on the phone and we spent time well over 2 days attempting to get this resolved while onsite (Of course it took 48 hours for a resolution. Are you surprised by now?).
(3) We were assigned an executive suite as a part of our room block/contract. Upon arrival, the Desk Agents were initially unable to locate such upgrade on our reservation due to the Salesperson not correctly updating our existing reservation for the suite upgrade, but instead adding a duplicate reservation. As a result, we were incorrectly charged a few days later for a “no show” fee for the original reservation we made because NO ONE at the front desk took the initiative to correct the issue once discovered. Yes, pure incompetence. This happened for 2 more of our reservations as well. Unjustified, erroneous, and egregious “no show” fees in which it took us OVER ONE WEEK to get resolved.
(4) We arrive at the executive suite assigned to us and noticed debris in the hall right outside of the door, indicating that the room was not properly cleaned. Throughout the night, we noticed random patches of “black hair” which after a few instances we realized it was indeed not human hair but pet hair (belonging to a dog or cat). We also discovered pet food scattered on the floor in the living area. Thus, we were assigned a pet hair infested room [for our wedding] that had not been properly cleaned. Absolutely disgusting! Not only was the Housekeeping Staff slow to resolve the issue, we spent 2 hours during the day of our rehearsal lunch moving our belongings from one room, causing an extreme amount of stress and frustration to myself (Bride) and my husband just less than 24 hours prior to our wedding. We were late to rehearsal lunch due to Housekeeping taking excessive time to arrive and inspect the room and late for our hair and manicure appointment due to the multiple room changes that occurred once we returned from our rehearsal lunch. The entire day was ruined due to the lack of care and punctuality of the hotel staff.
(5) After we finally get switched to the 3rd and final room, our wedding day is here. The executive suite was utilized for the bride and bridesmaids to get ready. We requested 3 times to have the room thoroughly cleaned after 2PM. Yes, we called the front desk and requested cleaning 3 times on MY WEDDING DAY. We arrived to the room after the wedding (at midnight) and, you guessed it, the room sanitation was the not cleaned. There was not even a fresh towel available to dry my hands. This was the final straw. How inconsiderate, incompetent, and uninhabitable to allow a Bride and Groom to enter an uncleaned room on their wedding night? At this point, it was a total of 2 of 3 nights we required to sleep in an uncleaned room (Day 1 & Day 3).
(6) In our contract, we included a negotiated flat rate for daily parking. Once all of our guest checked out, we noticed the majority of them were overcharged for parking by $10-20 per day above our negotiated rate, which is a complete violation of our contractual agreement. Thus, every guest is entitled to a refund of the excess charged. We notified the Sales Manager of this issue via email and we are not surprised that as of today, we still have not received a response.
Dear Marriott, words cannot express the sheer frustration, disgust, and disappointment the Sheraton Downtown Atlanta has caused us during our wedding. We are completely devastated at the lack of professionalism and care from this hotel. There is no amount of money, hotel points, or apologies that can compensate for the horrendous experience the Sheraton Atlanta caused us and our guest during the most important weekend of our lives.
As a lifetime Gold member and loyal customer, we expected so much more than we received during such a special and momentous occasion. Thus, we will be filing a formal complaint with Marriott Corporate and are considering taking legal action to ensure that this experience is investigated and addressed for future guests. Absolutely NO ONE should EVER experience what we were subjected to during our wedding weekend. The Sheraton Downtown Atlanta is NOT the place to host special events. It will be an extreme disappointment for this hotel to continue to operate with such carelessness under the Marriott brand portfolio. Please hold your properties, franchisees, and management accountable! We advise everyone to please save yourself the anguish and frustration that we encountered by trusting this property with our special event. Book elsewhere!
This was one of the cheaper hotels I found on my search for a downtown hotel with an indoor pool & the location was unbeatable, so I took a chance. So happy with my decision!
The staff were exceptionally nice, from the front desk to the housekeeper, everyone was extremely welcoming and friendly. We sprang for the extra $20/day to get a poolside room and it was totally worth it. The kids were able to swim morning, noon, and night without traipsing up and down the elevators and stairs while mum and dad could easily supervise from the porch.
The pool area is amazing, so much nicer than the usual YMCA feel of an indoor pool, the plants and brick archways with the glass roof make it feel luxurious. They use a saline system rather than chlorine, so there's not that chemical smell in the air. Only complaint was that the water was chilly! The kids didn't mind a bit though.
The location can't be beat and self-parking was easy. Plenty to do in walking distance.
There were a lot of conventions and groups (a dance competition, American Gladiator tryouts) but we never felt impeded by a crowds. Lines were short and moved quickly. Food, coffee and service at the grab & go cafe were top notch.
Our room had a little bit of a mildew smell, it wasn't awful, but it was definitely noticeable for a moment whenever we came in. Still, for what we paid, I was extremely happy with the hotel & the kids (9 and 12) declared it "the best".
The Hotel is situated minutes away from the Aquarium, Coca Cola Center, CNN, and the World known Olympic Park. Our front desk host LAMAR was the GREATEST!!!!! Lamar was delightfully entertaining and a true Prodessional at all times. He had a captivating smile, patient!!!!!! This organization is lucky to have Lamar on your team. The room was located on the ground level which lead to the heated pool. The room was clean with the most COMFORTABLE bed I have slept in in a very long time!!!! Look forward to spending more time at your Hotels.
I stayed here for 1 night very recently. The hotel is located in downtown area so a pretty good location.
However, it’s really an old hotel that needs upgrading yesterday. It really looks and feels dated.
Due to my platinum status, the nice front desk lady upgraded my room to a junior suite. The room is big and pretty good but looks and feels dated. The bed is too soft and not comfortable- defitely not a Sheraton signature bed standard. It’s quite strange the bathroom doesn’t have a bathtub for a room/suite this size.... and it’s difficult to adjust the water temperature, shower water pressure is also too low. No slippers provided in the room either...
The lounge is alright, serving reasonable quality but limited selections during breakfast. It is located on the South tower though so you may have to walk quite far if your room is located on the north tower.
Services are good... the people are doing a good job, but the property really needs an upgrade very soon and facilities need to be improved as well.