Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead
What We Love
- Club King and Club Double rooms come with private lounge access, free continental breakfast, hors d’oeuvres and a dedicated Grand Club Concierge
- Free car service anywhere within a two-mile radius
- The heated rooftop pool features a full outdoor bar
- The well-equipped 24-hour fitness center has a sauna and steam room
- Allergies? The hotel has rooms outfitted with special air purifiers
What To Know
- The hotel opened in 1990 and underwent an $11.8 million renovation in 2010
- Best for couples and groups of friends looking to be in the heart of Atlanta's action
- The outdoor pool closes for the season in October and usually reopens at the end of March
- It's 18 miles to Hartsfield-Jackson Airport; Atlanta's traffic is notorious, so plan ahead
- There is parking available, but the lot is across the street and costs $20 per night; valet parking is $32 per night
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead in Atlanta (Buckhead), you’ll be close to Lenox Square and Piedmont Hospital. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Legoland Discovery Center and Phipps Plaza.
Make yourself at home in one of the 439 guestrooms featuring refrigerators and iPod docking stations. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters. Flat-screen televisions with satellite programming provide entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Be sure to enjoy recreational amenities, including an outdoor pool, a sauna, and a fitness center. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel’s restaurant, which serves breakfast and lunch. Dining is also available at a coffee shop/café, and 24-hour room service is provided. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
The property is the best neighborhood in Atlanta. The waterfall off the main lobby and restaurant downstairs is particularly lovely. It wasn't a busy weekend in Atlanta so the room rates were excellent.
We have stayed at various Grand Hyatts several times over the years, including this Buckhead location. It is a nice facility, well run and accommodating to its guests, in our experience. Unfortunately, today when we searched for a room we were confirmed for this Grand Hyatt, instead of the less expensive hotel we had selected. The third party, Reservations.com, that we did not realize we we online with, literally confirmed the wrong hotel, and then charged us upfront for the entire stay, and then completely refused to refund our money. When we called this Grand Hyatt they completely refused to help us get our money back, saying, it is not our money, we do not have your money, and we will not confirm to Reservations.com that you want to cancel the room. We even offered to make new reservations for a different room and pre-pay, but no help.
We came in off the plane late. Our room wasn't available as they had rented it to someone else I guess. So they gave us a suite. It was my wife's birthday and, being a gardener, I wanted her to have a garden view for the days we were their. That didn't happen because of the room mix up.
The room was clean and meticulously kept although some of the furniture and trim was a little worse for ware. The amenities were plentiful and the internet service very good.
I actually like the Hotel. I was just a bit flustered that they didn't keep our room for us. That is why the star rating is not a 5. The fact that the hotel is older doesn't really bother me. A building can't stay new forever.
I ate breakfast at the coffee bar. Just oatmeal; but it was prepared with the utmost of care. They even had almond milk to put in it.
I'd stay here again but I'd make sure they know when I'm coming in so they hold my room.