Sheraton Sand Key Resort
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Sheraton Sand Key Resort in Clearwater Beach, you’ll be on the beach and minutes from Sand Key Park and close to Pier 60 Park. This 4-star resort is within close proximity of Captain Blighs Landing and Clearwater Municipal Marina.
Make yourself at home in one of the 390 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators. Rooms have private balconies or patios. Cable programming provides entertainment, and wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Take advantage of recreational opportunities offered, including outdoor tennis courts, a health club, and an outdoor pool. Additional features at this resort include wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Food & Drink
Enjoy a meal at one of the resort’s dining establishments, which include 2 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access room service (during limited hours). Relax with a refreshing drink from a poolside bar or one of the 2 bars/lounges.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include wired Internet access (surcharge), a business center, and limo/town car service. Planning an event in Clearwater Beach? This resort has 24,000 square feet (2230 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Staff were friendly, hotel was clean, and there was service on the beautiful white beach.
Steaks across the street were excellent. I was disappointed with the shuttle service. We asked about pier 60 because we heard so many things about it, and the shuttle driver said nothing was there, it was just a pier. We later found out that was not true, but it was on our morning to check out. Maybe they could educate the shuttle drivers.
The rest of the hotel and beach was great. Beautiful area, very comfortable bed and room service.
We have just had a 12 night stay as our “babymoon” at the Sheraton so we are in a good position to give it a thorough review.
The things we liked... :)
- The hotel for daytime activities is in a great location, it’s on a private beach and although set back from the ocean edge it’s only a 2 minute walk so you get the privacy of the beach or pool if you prefer.
- The location also means there’s ample free parking which is a bit of a luxury in Clearwater & if your driving and staying a while (like we were) then this will save you a lot of money
- There’s no resort fee, again something setting it apart from the hotels in main Clearwater
- Our room was lovely, huge comfy bed and balcony over the pool / beach is money well spent
- The staff we spoke to / saw were all friendly & very accommodating to any needs we need. We were gifted a bottle on arrival to celebrate our wedding anniversary which was a wonderful gesture although we didn’t drink it as we were pregnant.. but even so, very thoughtful!
- You get to ride the “jolley trolley” for free if you stay here, this again will save on taxi costs if you go into main Clearwater in the evenings (just a shame the trolley didn’t run later but that’s not on the Sheraton)
- You get free bottle water daily in your room
Things we weren’t so keen on...
- My biggest grumble by far was the lack of sun umbrellas by the pool sun lounges. The only shade umbrellas you will find are attached to fixed tables which people eat at. People will secure these very quickly & everyday I found myself without a place to hide from the sun while remaining outside which was a problem when your 7 months pregnant. There’s so many sun lounges so I’m unsure why the lack of mobile umbrellas for the lounges, maybe Sheraton should reconsider this as an improvement...
- Its a very ‘corporate’ hotel, during our 12 night stay there was an external conference or event on everyday and night yet at no point during our stay was entertainment put on or offered to normal holiday makers. The good points on parking etc I think help create the hotel as a perfect corporate spot - not gonna lie the suits and businessman swanning about in our pool area and bar was a little annoying when your sunbathing!
- The main inside bar lacked a bit of ‘va va voom’ as they say, there’s no music (well there was a guy playing a keyboard in the corner one night) but certainly no evening buzz about the place which is a shame. Also fills with suits in the evenings... related to point above.
- The hotel is a good 1-2 mile from the main strip of Clearwater so while you can walk it, it’s not ideal. Due to the lack of atmosphere in the evenings we either drove or took the jolley trolley somewhere else every night which wasn’t a problem for us not drinking but maybe not ideal if your there for a good time as they say.
This is a double edge situation though as the fact it’s slightly off Clearwater allows for the ample parking and no resort fee mentioned earlier.
- The umbrellas & sun lounges on the beach by the ocean edge are not included in your hotel cost and will cost you extra to use.
- I really didn’t enjoy the food menu offered in the daytime by the pool. Very over fried food, only ate by the pool once because of this.
- The WiFi working is hit & miss... this didn’t bother me so much but my husband works for himself so this annoyed him a lot!
Overall we weren’t disappointed with our choice of hotel for our holiday and we had a lovely trip.
It’s a ‘good to great’ hotel, a few tweaks and it could be excellent though...
I would definitely recommend this resort. Comfortable bed, felt like I was sleeping in my own. Clean. Professional, the staff was exceptional!! My husband and I were here for our 25th wedding anniversary and Im so glad he picked this hotel. The grounds were beautifully kept. There was alot of activities for young and old to do. Tennis courts. Huge chess and checkers games, volleyball courts. Though I wish they would give there hotel guests a discount for the use of the cabanas on the beach. Still very relaxing. We will be back..clearwater is gorgeous
This hotel offers a great experience. The building is modern and the rooms are very nice. THe grounds are well kept and the pool is very inviting and warm. It does offer a number of restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but dinner would be better served at one of the many downtown restaurants. We found the staff to be friendly and knowledgeable.
The staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel room was nice with a view of the bay. It’s a nice beach resort hotel with good food. Traffic is heavy so it is wise to plan extra time if you want to drive to Tampa.