Royal Mougins Golf & Resort
What We Love
- A spa-and-golf retreat on the French Riviera – includes breakfast, discounts and moreIndulging in a treatment at the full-service spa – and enjoying a discount
- Relaxing amid the space and tranquility of your generous suite
- Gazing over the calming golf-course views from the restaurant's terrace
What To Know
- Located a 20-minute drive from Cannes, and a 30-minute drive from Nice International Airport
- Want to hit Monaco, too? It's just 45 minutes away
- Free WiFi and parking are available
Set in the heart of a large private estate in the South of France, Royal Mougins Golf & Resort offers a luxurious country retreat, surrounded by Provençal charm. Rattan Chadha is behind this tempting picture; founder of fashion brand MEXX, he has worked to transform this challenging, 18-hole course into a leisure destination – adding a full-service spa and 29 luxurious suites.
Needless to say, this hotel isn’t just catered towards golfers – although knowing your bogey from your birdie helps when you’re out on the green. If you’re here for the calming views, you’ve got a heated outdoor pool to enjoy, as well as a solarium, sauna and Jacuzzi. When it comes to dining, you’ve got the refined ambience of The 18th Hole Terrace to enjoy, as well, with a wine list showcasing some of France’s most prestigious varieties.
How to Get There
We are staying here for 4 days, and whilst the setting is lovely, there are a few very basic things that could easily be fixed by decent management that disappoint and make it a poor experience:
- lack of WiFi in the room despite advertising in room WiFi. Impossible to connect due to poor quality and despite raising this at the front desk 3 times so far, absolutely no desire to do anything about it
- no water in the gym. Actually there is the facility for water, but none of the Spa staff consider it their role to replace it, so no matter who you ask, you get the standard ‘desole’ response
- the menu at the terrace restaurant is fine for lunch, less so for dinner. It lacks creativity and our first evening’s meal was average at best, although the staff were extremely nice and service was good
It has great potential, but tired rooms, poor service and an overall average feel to the place let it down.
I will caveat that we did not come here to golf, and maybe these details are overlooked by avid golfers who have a beautiful course and stunning views, but disappointing nevertheless.
Room is a suite with fabulous view over the golf course.
In what must be going on 30 years of massage- I had one of the very best I have ever had with Fabienne- She combined a relaxing massage with reflexology over 2 hours. At €240 it wasn’t cheap but it was magnificent- When I asked her what type of massage style I was receiving she told me it was her own.... a blend of four different courses that she had taken over the years.
The result was sensational! I am going to go again tomorrow.
Spent three nights here during the dreaded Mipim in Cannes and really enjoyed my stay. The hotel is only a 20 min drive into Cannes and yet a million miles away in terms of peace and tranquility.
I arrived early and left my bags and picked up a key arriving back at 10pm to find them in my room. The room (404) was great. Amazing views over the hills, a huge balcony which was a lovely sun trap, a little kitchen, lounge and a super-comfy bed - seriously - and I’m very fussy! Full HD tv with loads of UK channels and most importantly - complete silence from any adjoining suites.
Even late at night I asked the front desk for an Iron and it was up in a flash.
Breakfast was lovely in the main hotel, and after three days it felt like coming back to my own private apartment.
So why not 5 stars?
The only reason was that there was no room service or evening dining room in operation - as this was low season. They did offer a box food offer - but I failed to work this out.