Baumanière Les Baux de Provence
What We Love
- A five-star country inn with Michelin-starred dining - includes breakfast, optional dinner and moreDining at the two-Michelin starred Restaurant l'Oustau, a once-in-a-lifetime experience
- Following in the footsteps of celebrities and royalty with a stay at this exclusive retreat
- Switching off by one of the three pools or with a treatment in the blissful spa
- The incredible, sun-dappled Provençal setting, with its scenic olive groves
What To Know
- The quiet and romantic inn is better suited to couples than families
- Free Wi-Fi is very slow and spotty
- The hotel has a lengthy wine list and sommelier on hand for recommendations
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Baumanière Les Baux de Provence in Les Baux-de-Provence, you’ll be in a regional park and minutes from Chateau des Baux and Carrieres de Lumieres. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Baux-de-Provence Golf and Archaeological site of Glanum.
Make yourself at home in one of the 54 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include safes and desks, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 3 outdoor swimming pools, an outdoor tennis court, and a steam room. Additional features at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and shopping on site.
Food & Drink
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available daily from 7:30 AM to 10:30 AM for a fee.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, a computer station, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Planning an event in Les Baux-de-Provence? This hotel has facilities measuring 50 square feet (5 square meters), including a meeting room. Free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
The staff are so accommodating and welcoming no request is too much. Nice clean spacious rooms. All amenities provided. Such a quiet location you only hear birds singing. Great breakfast. Walking distance to town and les carrières des lumières will definitely be coming back.
Excellent and incredible place to stay. Original rooms and villas. Very nice views for Provence nature all rooms in pure Provence style. Two very good restaurants. One of them best in Provence. Too expensive prices for everything. End snobistic stuff. But in restaurants stuff very professional and friendly. Not a best SPA but also not worse. Very good with wine in restaurants and in hotel shop.
We have had the good fortune to experience many Michelin starred Restaurants over 40 years BUT, we ,this weekend, were totally overwhelmed by our stay here.
The setting ,views ,village were staggering.
The chefs Jean-Andre Charial and Glen Viel are total masters of their craft.Every dish was full of subtle flavours from an ensemble of fresh interesting ingredients. A total gastronomic delight in a atmospheric dining room with brilliantly attentive and professional staff. Drinks on the terrace,in the magnificent setting, before dinner a must!
We stayed for 2 nights in the third week of April:
- Stunning grounds with beautiful gardens, fountains, bushes and gorgeous buildings
- Room was stunning with beautiful furniture, view of the gardens, vines growing up the windows. Mattress was firm and extremely comfortable, large rain shower with great pressure
- Organic garden with all kinds of herbs and vegetables
- Ducks and swans in the ponds and a small animal enclosure with goats
- Very friendly and professional service
- Very close to Les Beaux village on top of a cliff which is gorgeous and there is a nice path / walk to get there
- Main restaurant (not the Michelin 2*) was closed both nights (Sun/Mon) with no other options to eat close to property unless you want the 2* Michelin experience. We had a car so wasn't a big issue but the restaurant is gorgeous (and we had lunch there on Sun) so would have been nice to have that option. Not even the bar was open in the evening, only breakfast
- Spa access costs €20 even just for the sauna (unless you book a treatment). Would be nice to have that included with the room
- Be careful if you order the ham with salad for lunch at the restaurant. We did without getting a menu as arrived just after the main lunch service finished and turned out it was a Spanish ham for €38 (very nice but would have been good to know)
- If you don't like smoke and keeping the windows open at night, suggest not staying on 1st floor as the room underneath had a terrace where the couple smoked all the time and the smoke just went straight into our window in the evening
- Also a bit close to the main street passing Le Beaux which is a major tourist attraction so there is a lot of traffic and parked cars. You can hear the cars from parts of the hotel property. Not a big deal but a slight con in our opinion
Well, we tried this place as it looked nice in the pictures, but pictures only go so far. The customer service was not warm at all and it seemed like we were doing them a favor by staying here. Everyone was extremely short with you even though we tried to ask questions to see how we could learn more about the place. It is overpriced for what they offer as well. i would not recommend spending your valuable time and money here.