Hammock Beach Resort, A Salamander Golf and Spa Resort
What To Know
- There is a parking garage under the hotel and valet service is available
- The resort has several zero-entry pools
- Free WiFi is hit or miss
- Free WiFi
- Golf Course
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
Located in Palm Coast, Hammock Beach Resort, A Salamander Golf and Spa Resort is by the ocean and convenient to Hammock Community Church and Bing’s Landing. This 4-star resort is within close proximity of Jungle Hut Road Park and Washington Oaks Gardens State Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 311 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring microwaves and DVD players. Rooms have private furnished balconies. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and digital programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature deep soaking bathtubs and designer toiletries.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You can get some exercise with a round of golf or enjoy a lazy day at the private beach. Additional features at this resort include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Food & Drink
Enjoy a meal at one of the resort’s dining establishments, which include 5 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. Full breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-out. Event facilities at this resort consist of a conference center and a meeting room. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
The golf course overlooking ocean is supremely beautiful and relaxing- Attendants throughout resort make your stay comfortable and welcoming. Great for group outings and family gatherings as well- Many different sized offerings to stay in. Restaurants in area and in resort give all palates something to delight in- Only 30 minutest to Daytona and 30 minutes to St. Augustine. Chose from three airports to get best value- Jacksonville, Orlando and Daytona
Great resort. Friendly staff and lots to do. The beach is clean and the sand is soft. In and outdoor pools. Pool bar, and in room service is good. Loved out stay. Probably gonna go back in summer and make it a year event.
We stayed at Hammock Beach resort for 3 nights in Nov'2018. Below I list the positives and negatives of our experience -
1. Great location, right by the ocean. Has a private beach. Beach chairs and umbrellas are included in the resort fee.
2. Spacious rooms.
3. Many amenities - golf, spa, water-park,indoor pool, putting green, bicycling, boardgame room, Kids room, hot tub, and fitness center. However, some of them were closed (more below)
3. Professional and knowledgeable (for the most part) staff
4. Variety of dining options, although we did not fine at any.
5. They had invited the local high school choir for Christmas carols. Santa made a presence, and refreshments we're provided. I presume they have such programs occasionally. It was a good experience.
6. Heated outdoor pools. One doesn't think much of this in summer, but we ran into cold weather (50s) and could still enjoy the pool because they were heated.
7. Beach access and amenities. They put out beach chairs and umbrellas. Towels and a drinking water stand are on site.
1. Long check-in queue. They apparently frequently host corporate events and large groups. A busload of guests for a corporate employee gathering had just arrived when we were checking in. It would be better if they had dedicated / separate check-in counters for large groups, so that individual families don't have to wait amongst the larger group.
2. The putting green and indoor pool were closed for the week for maintenance. Other reviewers here also seem to have had similar experiences. For someone, it was the lazy river. It leaves a bad taste when something like this happens. I am sure such maintenance activities are necessary and planned for in advance. So they can always inform affected guests ahead of their stay. If you are planning to come here for the amenities, be prepared for some of them to be closed. I am thinking this is more of a issue during off-peak season.
3. Even though we were told by front desk that indoor pool is closed, I decided to find out for myself and went down to the indoor pool. Another employee there told me it was open. Just something for management to think about.
Balancing the both, I would say we will visit again, but with lower expectations and certainly prepared for few of the amenities to be closed.
Our 2 bedroom villa provided plenty of space for our family. Our villa was an easy walk to all the pools including the kids pool with a waterfall, a lazy river, adult pool, indoor pool, a beach pool, and a great bar for food and drinks. Order the burger. In addition to the ocean is just steps away.
We stayed for a weekend and will be back. First time in the area and liked how quiet it was. Resort is a little dated but they keep it clean and have a good support staff. Food onsite was excellent. Pool was the best part about this place!! Golf course looked to be in excellent condition, wish I could have played the 18th hole on the ocean. Beautiful!