YVE Hotel Miami
What We Love
- Killer views of yachts and cruise ships in Biscayne Bay — and matching stateroom-inspired design
- “Monscierge” screens in the lobby let you check weather, find restaurants, even print boarding passes
- Walking distance to theaters, concerts and sports arenas
- A $2 Metromover ride from the airport
- Free WiFi throughout — and loaner iPads you can sign out from the front desk
What To Know
- The hotel requires a $50 daily deposit, which will be refunded or credited toward incidental charges at checkout
- Views of water everywhere — but no pool to swim in; a 15-minute cab ride from the beach
- The two elevators can cause a traffic jam at peak checkout times
- The city center locale will disappoint those imagining the resort strip of Miami Beach
- A $13.56 per night amenity fee will be collected at the hotel (includes WiFi, one signature YVE alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverage per person served daily in the lobby from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. and more)
- READ MORE: Find your perfect Miami vacation?
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
It’s a mod, mod, mod, mod world. A just-completed gut renovation transformed an outdated hotel high-rise into a sleek contemporary tower with info-packed computer screens on the wall, oceans of blue carpeting and crisp white walls inside, and an exterior that’s spotlit in different hues each night — such as red when the Miami Heat is playing at American Airlines Arena, across the street.
Bed and Bath
The Biscayne Bay and its passing boats inspired the room decors. The interiors call to mind the staterooms of the cruise ships visible from some rooms, with a cushy white bed floating on a thick, wave-patterned carpet opposite a flat-screen TV. The all-white bathrooms are small but ship-shape, and there are thoughtful touches throughout, from Aveda products in the shower to the blue-painted closet interior, which subtly echoes the nautical theme.
It’s right off the lobby, but Jeffrey Chodorow’s Biscayne Tavern is more than just a hotel restaurant. Its inviting wooden bar, craft beer menu, unpretentious vibe and urban comfort food (think spicy shrimp and grits) make it a crowd-pleaser among locals as well as guests. It’s especially crowded before and after Heat games, at the arena across the street — and pretty packed during games, too, thanks to the big-screen TVs on the back wall.
In the Area
Downtown is a business hub (it has the country’s largest concentration of international banks), but if you’re here for play, not work, you can walk to the Adrienne Arsht Center for traveling Broadway shows, dance performances, opera and concerts; American Airlines Arena for sporting events; and Bayfront Park for carousel rides, open-air concerts and yoga by the bay. Once you’ve worked up an appetite, head around the block for Miami’s best Peruvian fare at Ceviche 105 or Pollos y Jarras. The hipster-packed restaurants and open-air graffiti galleries of Wynwood and the luxury shops of the Design District are a few minutes away in a cab, and the sandy shores of Miami Beach are just over the causeway — about a 10-minute drive.
How to Get There
The staff was helpful and nice, good suggestions for restaurants and nightlife. Miss Calvino was really helpful, We asked her some amenities. She was so nice, Amazing, we loved it. The hotel is nice, great shower, clean, comfortable. The hotel is located near anything you might need, I would definitely stay here again!
Starting 2017 we have chose Yve hotel for our annual family reunions. This is the third time we have enjoy the staying in this hotel. As my wife, our 3 children and I live in Pomona CA while my parents live in Colombia we decided that Yve hotel would be the best option to spend our vacations in Miami. After we tried Yve we have liked it so much . Special regards to Silvia for helping me picking up my old parents from FLL airport. My mom said thank you as well. You guys keep doing a good job.
I found this hotel to be one of the best in Miami dowtown. Bedrooms are small but comfortable and quiet . The Staff... Silvia the most efficient and helpful I ever met in a hotel. Bay can be seen through the room window easily and that is something very nice. It is a great place to stay. Just keep doing the the good work!