YVE Hotel Miami
What We Love
- Killer views of yachts and cruise ships in Biscayne Bay — and matching stateroom-inspired design
- “Monscierge” screens in the lobby let you check weather, find restaurants, even print boarding passes
- Walking distance to theaters, concerts and sports arenas
- A $2 Metromover ride from the airport
- Free WiFi throughout — and loaner iPads you can sign out from the front desk
What To Know
- The hotel requires a $50 daily deposit, which will be refunded or credited toward incidental charges at checkout
- Views of water everywhere — but no pool to swim in; a 15-minute cab ride from the beach
- The two elevators can cause a traffic jam at peak checkout times
- The city center locale will disappoint those imagining the resort strip of Miami Beach
- A $13.56 per night amenity fee will be collected at the hotel (includes WiFi, one signature YVE alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverage per person served daily in the lobby from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. and more)
- READ MORE: Find your perfect Miami vacation?
- Eco friendly
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
It’s a mod, mod, mod, mod world. A just-completed gut renovation transformed an outdated hotel high-rise into a sleek contemporary tower with info-packed computer screens on the wall, oceans of blue carpeting and crisp white walls inside, and an exterior that’s spotlit in different hues each night — such as red when the Miami Heat is playing at American Airlines Arena, across the street.
Bed and Bath
The Biscayne Bay and its passing boats inspired the room decors. The interiors call to mind the staterooms of the cruise ships visible from some rooms, with a cushy white bed floating on a thick, wave-patterned carpet opposite a flat-screen TV. The all-white bathrooms are small but ship-shape, and there are thoughtful touches throughout, from Aveda products in the shower to the blue-painted closet interior, which subtly echoes the nautical theme.
It’s right off the lobby, but Jeffrey Chodorow’s Biscayne Tavern is more than just a hotel restaurant. Its inviting wooden bar, craft beer menu, unpretentious vibe and urban comfort food (think spicy shrimp and grits) make it a crowd-pleaser among locals as well as guests. It’s especially crowded before and after Heat games, at the arena across the street — and pretty packed during games, too, thanks to the big-screen TVs on the back wall.
In the Area
Downtown is a business hub (it has the country’s largest concentration of international banks), but if you’re here for play, not work, you can walk to the Adrienne Arsht Center for traveling Broadway shows, dance performances, opera and concerts; American Airlines Arena for sporting events; and Bayfront Park for carousel rides, open-air concerts and yoga by the bay. Once you’ve worked up an appetite, head around the block for Miami’s best Peruvian fare at Ceviche 105 or Pollos y Jarras. The hipster-packed restaurants and open-air graffiti galleries of Wynwood and the luxury shops of the Design District are a few minutes away in a cab, and the sandy shores of Miami Beach are just over the causeway — about a 10-minute drive.
How to Get There
Me and my husband were unable to catch Uber after the concert this Saturday, so decided to stay in Miami for a night.
The front desk guy, called himself the only 'manager' of the hotel refused to give us a room. He said that he don't have a room for us, everything is sold out and the only time we can check in is 4 p.m (period).
I'm 100% sure that is not a true, as I checked booking.com at 11.30 p.m. and found plenty of rooms available and this guy hadn't even checked a computer for an available room!
My family and I had a great time staying at YVE. There are so many things to say but I'm gonna sum up!!
Great service, the staff was helpful all the time! The bedrooms small but comfortable. We booked a shuttle with the concierge mrs. Calvino from the hotel to the port and the service was estellar, professional driver. If you want to board a cruise this hotel ks the best choice, 100% reccommend it!
Loved staying here. Directly across from bayside market place. Jose was excellent at check in and provided excellent customer service with providing us with the best room for our family. Would def stay here again. Also great for nights before or after cruise!
This hotel is close to everything downtown Bayside. 10min from the cruise ships port, minutes from Bayside and restaurants. Would definitely use this hotel again, it’s clean and the breakfast was delicious.
This hotel is pretty at first glance, it's affordable for its location, and it overlooks the harbor with lovely views. Unfortunately at second glance my room at least was quite worn out, the bathrooms are tiny even by NYC standards, the service and food are meh at best, and the elevators are so insufficient there were people carrying suitcases down 16 flights of stairs.