Trump National Doral Miami
What We Love
- Four stellar golf courses — including the PGA favorite Blue Monster — all restored by Gil Hanse
- The resort is fresh from a $250 million renovation
- 28-day dry-aged steaks at BLT Prime
- READ MORE: Find your perfect Miami vacation
What To Know
- A $20 daily resort fee covers WiFi, morning newspaper and shuttle service to the beach at Trump International Beach Resort Miami, 23 miles away
- The Spa at Doral has a separate entrance, facilities and suites for guests 16 and over, all shared with the Pritikin Center for Longevity
- Paid parking only; $18 per night to self-park, $27 for valet
- Pets under 25 pounds welcome for a $250 fee
- Free WiFi
- Golf Course
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
From this resort’s opening in 1962, the name Doral has been highly esteemed in the golf world. A total overhaul (to the tune of $250 million and counting) by new owner and avid golfer Donald Trump has touched every aspect of the resort. The property spans 800 acres in inland Miami, and the 643 guestrooms and suites are spread out in eight off-white Italianate villas with red tile roofs, each named after a legendary golfer. Gorgeous hand-strung Swarovski crystal chandeliers hang in the marble lobby and the ballrooms, and elsewhere the marble interiors are accented with scrollwork iron banisters with gold handrails and gold chandeliers.
Bed and Bath
The interiors are all new, from the carpets to the hurricane-proof windows, and elegantly done in shades of ivory, taupe and yellow. Trump Collection beds with cushy Serta mattresses come with crisp linens, overstuffed pillows and white leather quilted headboards. The marble bathrooms have gold fixtures and open-frame showers (tubs are in suites only). A wet bar with an espresso machine ups the comfort level, as does a balcony or patio.
In addition to the iconic Blue Monster (which has been part of the PGA Tour for more than 50 years), the other courses (all redone by Gil Hanse) include the hilly, New England–style Red Tiger and the Golden Palm, which has tight bunkers and fast, contoured greens and debuts in January 2015. The central pool area includes a zero-entry lagoon-style pool with a water slide, a separate lap pool and a large sundeck with soft chaises and waiter service. Daytime dining, from burgers to fresh ceviche, is available at the poolside Palm Grill or in the Clubhouse at Champions Bar and Grill, which has a wood and leather interior and outdoor tables overlooking the links. Come evening, the buzz moves upstairs to BLT Prime, which is distinguished by a chic circular bar and serves seafood as well as 28-day dry-aged steaks that come with a choice of nine sauces, from blue cheese to chimichurri. The stand-alone Spa at Doral shares space with the Pritikin Center for Longevity. In addition to two swimming pools and the Pritikin dining room (accessible to Trump guests), there are treatments from LING and Aromatherapy Associates. The Trump Kids Club, designed in partnership with Land of Nod, is open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
In the Area
Part of greater Miami, the city of Doral is just seven miles from Miami International Airport, but it feels a world apart from the bustle of downtown. Free shuttle service brings guests to Trump International Beach Resort in Sunny Isles, 23 miles away. Farther afield is the Wynwood Arts District, the Art Deco landmarks of South Beach and the designer stores (including Neiman Marcus, Bulgari and Versace) at the open-air Bal Harbor Shops.
How to Get There
Came here specifically for the golf but was amazed at the service and rooms. Loved every minute of my time there. Golf staff was great and the courses were a lot of fun to play. REd Tiger is a very fun course with a great design so be sure to play that one. Obviously the Monster is a must play.
I’m an employee of Leon Medical Centers. My company held an event at the Trump Doral on Thursday, Dec. 13. At the end of the event, Ana Eijo came up to me seeing that I was worried. I had lost my cellphone. Ana escorted me back to the meeting space, and searched with me until we found my phone! I was so relieved. I wouldn’t have found it without her. She is so very nice and what a great smile and disposition. What excellent service!
Luxury, sophistication, and romance best describes this resort. Whether you are there to play golf, enjoy the spa, or roam the grounds with your loved one, this is the place to go. Unlike any other hotel, the small boutique buildings give the Trump National Doral a special charm, exclusiveness, and sophistication.
The golf course was beautiful and so was the rest of the property. My room was nice and big, tons of pillows and a very comfortable bed. It was quiet and it was also easy to get around. The entire staff was very helpful and all of the people who worked there were very nice. Overall, I would stay here again in a heartbeat.
Just finished an outstanding stay at this property - and was wowed across the board:
1. Rooms - the rooms are so comfortable- beds are the best I have experienced in a hotel recently - so plush and luxurious. Rooms have wonderful large TV, Nespresso machine, balcony with nice furniture. All was maintained in good condition.
2. Service across the board was attentive and great. The answer to every question was absolutely or no problem. We like the room cleaned each time we leave - no problem. Requested late check out - no problem. Every time a shuttle driver drove past us they offered a ride.
3. Grounds - the grounds are beautiful and well maintained. If you play golf great - if not you can easily enjoy a beautiful walk on the paths around the course. The pools are beautiful - there are multiple outdoor and even 1 indoor pool. We enjoyed a game of tennis on the clay courts. They have a nice gym.
4. Restaurant - their main restaurant is SLT Prime - as we already had reservations at a restaurant outside we did not try for dinner, but on our return that evening wish we had - it looked fantastic. We did enjoy the breakfast buffet, it was delicious.
We stay at many different chain properties- 5 star, and not sure how to best describe this - it is just different in a very good way. A wonderful- very comfortable stay - and we look forward to trying other properties in the chain.