What We Love
- Sugar, a rooftop bar and garden on the 40th floor, is the scene for Miami’s beautiful people
- There are four pools to choose from: a lap pool, spa pool, cold plunge pool and hot tub
- The restaurant is an outpost of Uruguay’s heralded La Huella
What To Know
- Of the 352 guest rooms, 89 are one-, two-, and three-bedroom residences designed for long-term stays
- The hotel is part of the $1 billion Brickell City Centre development, which is still under construction in some areas
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
When it opened in the spring of 2016, EAST Miami put the Brickell business district on the map, transforming it into one of the city’s trendiest new neighborhoods. The hotel features 352 guest rooms, 89 of which are massive one-, two-, and three-bedroom residences, along with a 20,000-square-foot terrace with four pools and an outpost of Uruguay’s celebrated La Huella restaurant. But the real showstopper is Sugar, a rooftop bar and garden on the 40th floor that offers killer views of downtown Miami and Biscayne Bay. Intimate seating areas are tucked into nooks surrounded by lush greenery, hanging lanterns, and wooden walkways, making it feel like a tropical oasis. On the menu: Asian-inspired bites like steamed prawn and scallop dumplings, Korean chicken wings, and coconut palm leaf crepes with Florida mangoes, best paired with one of their creative cocktails—the lychee blossom with vodka and sake is a must-try.
In the Area
Serious shoppers could spend days in the 500,000-square-foot open-air Brickell City Centre mall, adjacent to the hotel, which has a Saks Fifth Avenue outpost as well as storefronts from designer brands like Armani, Ted Baker, Hugo Boss, and more. Interested in the arts? Catch a performance at the nearby Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, then sip post-show cocktails at Blackbird Ordinary, a casual, hip lounge with star bartenders. There’s also Crazy About You, a waterfront Mediterranean restaurant perfect for sundowners, and Coya, an antiques-filled find that marries Peruvian and Latin American flavors.
How to Get There
Sugar on the top floor of the EAST hotel is AMAZING. They have a really cool prohibition bar too if you prefer being indoors! I went to check out the rooms too and they're gorgeous. Quite small but very modern and have a great view.
Stayed here for a holiday for two days , couldn’t be happier , amazing location, amazing facilities. The room we stayed in was fantastic with a balcony. The pool was what made me love this place ! Would definitely recommend!!
East has a zen asian vibe that gives it an urban oasis feel. It's in the center of great shopping, restaurants and entertainment - all within walking distance and the gym and the pool are beautiful but not too scene-y. best Americano ever in the lobby coffee shop.
rooms with floor to ceiling windows give great day and night views. My third stay and counting!
stayed at the Hotel 4 days, and i can say it was a great experience. First time staying in Brickell area, but this Hotel makes a difference.
Thanks to George / frontdesk who made my long weekend getaway so pleasant!!
I rarely write a negative review of a business. However Sugar and East Hotel have the worse customer service and recovery bar non in Miami and World . The staff is inattentive, rude and smug . The manager inept . Too many examples to tell ..
1) Heres my $22 for a shot of Woodford Reserve neat in glass , my two female friends would like a glass with water !! Bar tender , why do they need a glass and ice the bottled water is cold !!!! REALLY
2) We got table service , 3 bottles of Prosecco and one vodka . The bus boy started clearing the table before we were done and was going to take 1/2 bottle of vodka . The it rained so we tried to move indoor, Omar the most rude of bouncers ripped the bottle from two women . I went down to the lobby and asked to speak to a manager ..His answer , Thas not my department... I’ll have some one reach out to you by mail !!! 3 months latter no one has reached out .
You might like Cantina La Veinte , One Hotel rooftop bar or The Palms hotel much better service and value at the same price point .