Amara Cay Resort
What We Love
- Furnished balconies with ocean views from all 110 guestrooms and suites
- A spectacular private beach, complete with hammocks, thatched huts and beach chairs
- The on-site dive shop takes care of all your water-based adventures, from kayaking and paddleboarding to dive certification and diving excursions
- Sparrows Rum Bar, known for its fresh fish tacos and a killer key lime pie
What To Know
- While there is no separate spa, massages can be arranged poolside or in your room
- Islamorada is located less than two hours from Miami by car
- There's a free shuttle for destinations within four miles of the hotel
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
On Islamorada, a Florida Key halfway between Key West and Miami, Amara Cay Resort has 110 guest rooms and suites that all boast private balconies as well as sustainable touches like LED lighting and upgraded sinks and showers (and Nuxe bath amenities). The Italian eatery Oltremare promises fresh local seafood, but serious diners should consider the bistecca fiorentina, a 40-ounce prime porterhouse for two. For more casual fare there’s Sparrows Rum Bar, which is known for fresh fish tacos and a killer key lime pie. The elevated private beach is better for relaxing in the sun than for swimming, but there’s also a heated outdoor pool and whirlpool. For more serious sea-based pursuits, on-site dive shop Sea Monkey’s will hook you up with snorkel gear, kayak rentals or a full-on scuba-diving adventure.
In the Area
Islamorada lives up to its nickname of “Sport Fishing Capital of the World.” To make sure you don’t come home with just a fish story, book your angling experience with Bud N’ Mary’s Marina. If swimming with sea life is more your speed, make your way to Theater of the Sea for the chance to play with dolphins, sea lions, rays and sharks. To see sharks, rays, dolphins and manatees in their natural habitat, rent a kayak to explore Lignumvitae Key Botanical State Park, located on a small island to the west of Islamorada.
How to Get There
We had a party of 11 to celebrate my son's 30th birthday of fishing, eating and drinking and dining out! Catchalotafish charters, The Green Turtle Inn and Lazy Days are the places we frequent but Amara Cay is our home base when we travel to Islamorada.
We enjoyed our 3 night stay at the Amara Cay, it was a clean, fresh and well appointed.
The staff were really helpful, and the pool and beach helped make it a relaxing experience.
Location is pretty central, with some great restaurants in the area.
A well needed spur of the moment b’day getaway found us all checking into Amara Cay and was delightfully greeted by Michael who showed great customer service to start off our weekend ~ an amazing well kept property right on the ocean with pool ... poolside bar, comp amenities including bikes kayak paddle boards and loved relaxing in one of the hammocks.
Overall our stay was fantastic ~ highly recommend and will return ...