Monte Santo Resort
What We Love
- Five-star bliss in Portugal's Algarve with picturesque gardens, a spacious suite and a spa discountStaying in a suite makes for a true home-from-home atmosphere
- The impressive facilities, including tennis, indoor and outdoor gym and complimentary bicycles
- Being whisked by shuttle to numerous nearby golf courses, among the country’s best
What To Know
- The resort is super family-friendly with a kid's club and pool
- Suites have full kitchens and washer/dryers to make you feel at home
- The manicured grounds have a lagoon-like swimming pool, waterways and tropical palm-filled gardens
Portugal’s Algarve has it all – endless sun, clear warm seas and some of Europe’s most beautiful beaches. Enjoy all of this in a true home-away-from-home setting at Monte Santo Resort, near the quaint fishing village of Carvoeiro. More than justifying its five stars, the resort comprises a collection of high-spec low-rise apartments and townhouses. Spread across immaculately landscaped grounds, you’ll find a huge lagoon-like swimming pool, waterways and tropical palm-filled gardens.
Monte Santo Resort is a TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Winner and it’s easy to see why. It boasts state-of the art facilities, with five other pools (including one indoors), a tennis court, gym and outdoor fitness equipment. Elsewhere the aptly named Alma Spa will soothe both mind, body and soul, with expert therapists offering a tempting array of treatments.
While your accommodation includes well thought-out self-catering facilities, if you don’t fancy cooking there’s a poolside restaurant on hand serving top-notch locally sourced fare. Add to this various activities laid on daily and many guests never feel the need to leave this peaceful haven for their whole stay. An equally pleasurable time, however, can be had by taking advantage of the complimentary transfer down to Carvoeiro beach, or to one of the many excellent golf courses in the vicinity, which are some of the most challenging in Portugal.
How to Get There
Stunning big resort perfect for both couples as well as families! Our 1 bedroom suite was massive and even though the weather in October was not that hot, we could still enjoy the poolside and of course we used the sauna and the indoor pool during our stay. The breakfast offers everything you might need and overall I would definitely recommend staying there - great staff and a lovely resort with very reasonable prices!
We are a family of 4, children aged 6&8 who have just returned from our holiday in Monte Santo. Despite the unexpectedly cold and rainy weather, we had a lovely time. Huge credit to the management and staff of this fabulous resort! The pool area is great for the kids, we loved the fitness track also. The extra services like the shuttle bus and kids club were very welcomed. The resort went to a great effort for Halloween evening and we really enjoyed it, especially the music and face paints. I had the best spa treatment ever with the gifted Ana in the spa area, she was really excellent and very kind....
A few sugggestions from us, minor but would be welcomed -
1. It would be great to have one of the outdoor pools heated.
2. We were disappointed the jazuccis in the pool area were not working during our visit. We did get a chance to use one of the rooftop jacuzzis which was a real highlight.
3. We had breakfast most days in the resort and paid extra. Overall, the selection and choice was very good but inconsistent e.g some mornings more sweet items were available. Please have a note on the tables saying that various types of eggs are available. The big improvement needs to be with the coffee - the Nescafé machine is awful! Please provide plungers/cafetières to the tables for proper coffee! Also, I could not find brown sugar to have with my coffee but this was everywhere!
This are all quite minor things and did not detract from a wonderful holiday. I would recommend a day trip to Zoomarine and also a trip to Decathelon for shopping on a rainy day! We went to Praia Grande but it wasn't worth the trip, the local beach is much nicer. Restaurants of note are Onze - great calamari! L'Orange was good but more formal.
we enjoyed the 7 nights we spend at the resort with our 3 months old daughter. the resort is really nice and well kept.
The resort has a good size to take the baby strawler for a walk and all facilities are there for a stay with children.
the road into the village is very steep and the 2km walk is something I would not recommend to walk this particular if your not in a good shape.
Such a pity that this beautiful gym, spa and indoor pool area has now closed its once very welcoming doors to members. One can only imagine why the manager thought leaving the gym and pool empty in low and mid season was a good advert for a resort, even if they do not need the extra revenue. Surprising! Fortunately for us, and other locals, the very beautiful Vale d' Oliveiras still welcomes membership to its 5 star health Club, so many more get to appreciate what it has to offer and spread the word. The power of networking has clearly been lost on the new management of Monte Santo.
I’ll start off by saying at the time of booking I was very hesitant due to some negative feedback, let me start by telling you you will be pushed to find a nicer resort in the Algarve, and to be honest, pretty much anywhere, yes, there does seem to be some cosmetic issues around the estate, however don’t let this out you off.
We were allocated number 99, 2 bed townhouse, I’ll let my images speak for themselves. Stunning views, stunning sunset, most equipped kitchen I have ever seen, perfect if you wish to prepare your own food while your away (we didn’t).
Pool - absolutely stunning, great sized pool, I particular loved the raised section of the pool with the loungers in the water, really nice touch!
Food - we only tried the bar/pool food for lunch, again after seeing some poor reviews I was hesitant but I can honestly say everything was fresh, and could easily have ate there every lunchtime quite easily, priced are what you’d expect for a 5* resort, and to be honest cheaper than some 3/4* I have stayed in before.
I have already looked at booking a return visit for my birthday in December, and end of Q1 next year. I have also recommended this resort to work colleagues and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this to anyone.
Thanks for a great stay.