VidaMar Resort Algarve
What We Love
- A stunning five-star beach hotel on Portugal's southern coast, with breakfast and dinnerMoody lighting, sumptuous treatments and luxe facilities at the health club and spa
- Delving into freshly cooked seafood and delicious local dishes in the hotel's restaurants
- Splitting your time between the beach, the pool and the nearby golf course
What To Know
- Onsite dining options include Japanese, Italian, and Portuguese
- The complimentary Aquatica Kids' Club is open 10am to 12pm and 12:30pm to 5pm for children aged 4 to 11
- All rooms have a view of something, be it the pool, sea, resort gardens, or Lagoa dos Salgados Golf Course
Modern, minimalist and five-star, Vidamar Resort Algarve, 10 minutes from Albufeira by car, shows off sparkling panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean. Sitting at the ocean’s edge on the coast of Portugal’s balmy Algarve, or southernmost region, it has direct access to sandy Salgados Beach on one side and overlooks a golf course and peaceful nature reserve on the other.
The hotel exudes a tranquil ambience from its whitewashed walls, panels of glass, natural materials and shady palm-scattered grounds, creating a seriously chilled-out vibe both inside and out. Dip into the outdoor pools and spend a day (or three) trying out the wellness treatments at the health club and soaking in the sauna and steam bath. Dine on Japanese, Italian and fresh seafood and sample expertly mixed cocktails at the Gin Bar.
How to Get There
I came here today with my wife, daughter, sister and her family with a little boy who is 1.
This has been my day so far.
1. A late check in
2. The wrong room/view which they refuse to change. The manageress actually told me that customers are not always right in Portugal.’ Even though my paper states what I booked in black and white.
3. We all went to the indoor pool to relax and within minutes we had staff chasing us in the pool area saying we had to get out or purchase a swim cap each at €5.
4. Rude staff at reception who rolled their eyes at my sister who asked for directions to the kids play area.
5. We were given 2 small milks in our room (enough for 1 coffee) when we asked for more milk we were told we’d have to pay for it through room service.
6. I enquired about using the gym to be told it’ll cost me €10 a day even though I’m a guest here with my family.
We’ve been all made to feel like we do not belong here and feel very unwelcomed to the point it brought my sister to tears.
I have six nights now - so no doubt I will give an updated review by the weekend.
God help me!
Our reception drinks were served at the beautiful decking followed by dinner held at the fabulous garden area with a gorgeous buffet.
Staff were super professional and friendly.
Thank you to everyone involved.
We would also like to thank for the lovely touch with our room amenities and the spa treatment.
This was our first visit and it is a very good resort which had so much potential to compete with the other excellent resorts.
The good points are: one of the best breakfast selection ever. Dinner plentiful and can cater to vegetarian’s if formally requested. Excellent service in dining area. Very good healthy options and food varied throughout the week.
Lovely indoor pool. Situated short walk away over a scenic bridge to a beautiful unspoilt sandy beach. Rooms are spacious with an amazing rain shower.
Need a taxi or car to go to other places. Good value for half board.
Things they can improve on are: decor bland. Could do with some colour to brighten rooms, lobby and dining area.
No kids outdoor play area. Not sure about the fake grass in a nature reserve.
Only one night had a good singers.
Overall we were a family of ten who had a lovely holiday. I have rated excellent because I’m a foodie and unfortunately have gained quite bit extra of weight from the enjoyable buffet breakfast and dinner.