The Westin Valencia
What We Love
- All of the hotel’s bars and restaurants offer outdoor seating in the property’s lush Mediterranean courtyard
- The building’s impressively restored 1917 facade
- The in-house Art Wanson Gallery, featuring the work of local contemporary artists
What To Know
- The indoor pool at the Westin Valencia’s Spa is adults-only
- Fitness buffs can take advantage of the hotel’s running maps, which offer 3- and 5-mile routes
- For a special occasion, book a Grand Deluxe room with its own terrace and private Jacuzzi
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Architecture buffs in search of comfort and convenience are treated to the best of both worlds at the Westin Valencia, a 135-room property with multiple eateries, a spa and conference facilities located just a stone’s throw from the city center. The property offers the Westin’s signature luxuries, like its Heavenly Bed, as well as extras like its very own sushi restaurant, Komori, and a swishy bar, H-Club, perfect for aspiring night owls.
In the Area
Graceful, sunny Valencia, Spain’s third largest city, is known for its art, architecture and ability to stay up late. A 15-minute walk from Valencia’s old town, the Westin is a great jumping off point for visits to city sights like the 13th-century cathedral, the vibrant central market, or the Silk Exchange, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Guests with a rental car can take advantage of coastal Spain’s natural beauty, with visits to the Albufera Nature Park, noted for its many species of birds and its trails. A meal of authentic paella prepared at a beachside cafe is a must.
How to Get There
Good rooms, but they feel a bit outdated. The restaurant and bar is very good the breakfast was nice as well, they offered a wide range of different juices and pastries. You could also make your own waffle. Sparkling wine was included in the breakfast.
I love Westin properties in general and this was no exception. The rooms were huge and comfortable with all possible amenities. The Spa at Westin was brilliant too. I indulged myself with a facial treatment followed by a private Jacuzzi. The products were good and the therapists very nice. The restaurant at Westin serves delicious Spanish cuisine and features a perfect Al fresco setting in the beautiful garden. It’s also very central so going out and about is easy.
The hotel is nicely situated not to far from the historic centre of Valencia. Rooms are spacious and clean with plenty of light. The bed was comfortable. Toiletries and amenities were restocked every day. Bathrobes made available. A spacious living room and desk with internet connection if needed. The hotel had plenty of health and wellness facilities easily accessible and reasonably managed.
On the other hand, the furniture seems to have had better days. The television is from another decade and the available channels are limited. The breakfast was OK but nothing special. The check-in process seemed to take forever and the receptionist seemed to enjoy repeating my title and last name with every sentence which I found a tad annoying.
My wife and I loved our time at the Westin! As a platinum member, I felt very much valued with the attention we received as we were celebrating a special occasion and got in touch with the staff through the marriott app and they were so responsive and took care of everything! I was met with the manager at our check in who checked up on us throughout our stay making sure all was good. The whole staff were so friendly and helpful and the hotel is in a beautiful location. It is extremely charming and located in a very central part of the city but also tucked in! We thoroughly enjoyed the upgrade as platinum members and loved having breakfast in the terrace. This place is perfect to relax for a few days!
Great hotel overall we enjoyed our stay but just a few things need improvement.
- Beautiful hotel with large spacious common areas and courtyard garden. My kids loved exploring!
- Rosmario breakfast service is the best! The friendliness and efficiency puts many other five star hotels to shame. Nothing too much of a problem even helping my wife put our little one in the highchair etc. Special thanks to the young French lady trainee who was exceptional
- Jean Manuel in the front desk/concierge is the best! My kids loved him. So helpful and useful tips. Westin is lucky to have him.
- Great spa pool. Perfect temperature and size. Didnt use the fitness area but looked good
Areas for improvement
- El Jardi service at dinner spotty, depended upon which waiters were on duty. Far location of the kitchen makes it hard to keep efficiency. The other is some of the staff just didn’t seem to enjoy and this wasn’t hard to notice.
- Beds not as comfortable as exprcted. They did add extra mattress topper which helped but generally too firm if you are used to UK/US styles of comfort
- Location is a little away from the old town and too far to walk with small children in the heat. Public buses are fine but like many other hotels I’m surprised the hotel doesnt offer something like an hourly mini bus to a set location.