What We Love
- A Sicilian room or suite, including breakfast, a dining discount and nearby restaurants and moreStaying in a rustic room or suite in a scenic part of Sicily, near dramatic cliffs and the sea
- Your bounty of culinary perks, like a discount at local restaurants and a welcome aperitif
- Starting each day with complimentary breakfast
What To Know
- Opened in 2015
- The property has views over the valley and the sea
- Take a stroll through the gorgeous gardens and manicured grounds
How to Get There
this place is amazing
the scenery is : "a couper le souffle"
you feel as you had been in an other world
service is outstanding
old , clean, renovated with all the details
but AC was not working 100%
the room was amazing but not practical....
restaurant was good but not exceptional
definitively much better to stay there than agrigente
i would recommend it and as well go back to it!
This was one of the nicest places I’ve stayed.
Everything was perfect, amazing attention to detail.
Staff lovely, pool beautiful. The room was spotless.
We will definitely come back again.
The food at dinner was great too.
Based on the pictures and reviews, we actually extended our booking by one night at this place. But at the end, we were underwhelmed by the experience.
- no fault with the property: it's set on a beautiful ground with fragrant flowers and beautiful interior. Rooms were spacious and beautifully decorated.
- It is located in the middle of olive orchard guarded by the charming resident dog, Rex.
- breakfast selection was poor except for the cakes, which were excellent. But I pity the unripe, tasteless fruits (in Sicily!) and very salty, dry rolled-up omelette. One breakfast, we were served left-over cakes from the christening party the night before. It was a good cake though.
- breakfast service was appalling: we had to repeatedly asked for coffee refill (coffee was served in a little thermos for the whole room), extra plates, extra water etc as no one watched over the buffet to ensure refill. The time was spent by the solitary lady manning the station by polishing knives or chatting in the kitchen. There was also no possibility of asking anything in the morning because the lady didn't speak English at all. We had to get the receptionist to translate my order of scrambled egg.
- we had three dinners on the property and the food was underwhelming: the tastes and creations were standard and not at all a reflection of Sicily. Menu was also limited but rarely changed so if you stay a few nights in a row, you might have to eat the same thing.
- services were mixed. As mentioned, breakfast service was terrible but we had really good service from the South African lady during the evening meals. She was the highlight of the place as she was knowledgeable, professional and prompt.
Overall, I really would love the place and actually did try to spend two days just chilling in the hotel because the place is just beautiful but given the poor breakfast, mixed service and unimpressive dinner, it's not a place to just lounge around and enjoy the hotel.