Majestic Hôtel – Spa
What We Love
- Some guestrooms come with a kitchenette
- Relaxing in the indoor infinity pool after a day of sightseeing
- The room service menu includes traditional French, American and Lebanese fare
What To Know
- Located within walking distance of Arc de Triomphe and Champs-Elysées
- The hotel can arrange appointments with a personal trainer during your stay
- Valet parking is available for an additional fee
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Set in the 16th arrondissement near the Arc de Triomphe and Champs-Elysées, the Villa Hotel Majestic merges the convenience of staying in a well-appointed apartment with the luxuries of a full-service hotel. Some guestrooms and suites have wainscoting, parquet flooring and ruby red furniture complemented by billowy curtains, as well as kitchenettes with a microwave, coffeemaker and cook-top. But if you rather not whip up something to eat in your room, there’s the bright and cheerful Le MagnuM restaurant. The cozy Le PremiuM bar doubles as an inviting living room, shaking up favorites like Luxury Normandy (calvados, champagne, grenadine and sorbet citron). And when you’re ready to get some exercise, you can use the well-equipped fitness center and indoor infinity pool.
In the Area
A five-minute stroll from the Arc de Triomphe, the Villa Hotel Majestic is located in the upmarket 16th arrondissement, an area that is largely residential and yet well situated for sites like the Eiffel Tower. The Baccarat Museum, the Guimet Museum and the Palais de Tokyo are all within walking distance, but a metro trip is required for major attractions like the Louvre or Musee d’Orsay.
How to Get There
While this hotel is very nice and the location is INCREDIBLE, I would never come back here.
For what they are charging per night I would expect decent AC, strong WiFi connection and a nice breakfast buffet.
Instead, we got BOILING hot rooms (we could not get the temperature in the room to drop below 75), eventhough it was well below 60 outside. While the concierge sugested we open the windows, we couldn’t because the balcony lights were so strong that it would make the whole room bright. The concierge brought us some fans and literally told us that there is just no way to fix it. So, we literally spent every single night drenched in sweat while trying to sleep.
The WiFi connection was spotty at best. We had to resort to connecting to The Penninsula WiFi.
Lastly, the “buffet” shouldn’t even be called that. It was one table with a few yogurts, croissants and sausage.
The hotel was so disappointing. What a rip-off.
This hotel is so close to being special however there are a few areas that need immediate attention in order to even get to four stars.
First, the location is outstanding. Neighborhood is convenient to great restaurants, hotels, attractions, and is also quiet and safe.
Our room was actually very nice as well. Very large, well appointed, very clean, etc.
The first challenge is the staff. Our encounter with a woman at the front desk when we first arrived was more an experience that I would expect at a two star hotel. Not welcoming, no smile, nor really particularly nice and just interested in getting the check in completed as fast as possible.
Our room was not clean when we arrived which was understandable as we were wary for check in and this was actually expected. However, she had no interest in asking if we wanted suggestions as to where we could go to pass the time until our room might get cleaned. That wasn’t terrible but more is expected at a five star hotel. In addition, she didn’t offer or ask whether we would like to be notified when our room was clean.
The other interactions tended to be a bit awkward. Nothing necessarily wrong but just awkward. One example is of the person who showed us our room. He stated that the honor bar is complementary several times. This is nice but it amounted to a few small waters, and orange juice and two sodas. Again, not necessarily bad but very odd for what is supposed to be a five star hotel.
The hotel is rather quiet as I believe they also have some rooms that are timeshares or similar. Again nothing wrong with that but adds to an ambiance that is short of a top end hotel.
Last point is our own fault but we proceeded to have the buffet breakfast that was assumed to be included but ended up getting charged quite a hefty sum for a basic buffet.
Seems this property may need some leadership who understands the nuances of a 5 star hotel, especially in a city with scores of them.
It was not the staffs fault, it seems they lack the proper training. And to be fair, most were very nice.
This small hotel is located on a quiet street. The staff, concierge Pascal and bellman John, are
great and made our stay very enjoyable. However, we encountered the following issues:
1. The AC system is inadequate. The coldest temp. we could get in our room was 72F when the outside was about 83F. We twice notified the front desk of our warm room and twice an AC technician came to check the system He advised us that the AC system in the hotel is an old technology (air blowing over cold water coils) and the temp. in the room cannot be set any lower. Furthermore, all rooms have the same problem and switching a room would not solve the problem.
2. The buffet breakfast is adequate but rather meager when compared to other breakfast buffets in other five stars hotels such as Scribe or Raphael.
3. The room service is spotty and inconsistent. There was no turn down service on two nights (no explanation why), and used shower and bath amenities such as shampoo and gel were not stocked regularly,
The good stuff:
Large Terrace with dining area and seating area with view of Eiffel Tower and Sacré-Cœur,
Large apartment like space with living room, separate bedroom, kitchen and dining room plus a guest toilet.
The bathroom is large
Lovely pool spa and steam room. The pool stays open late to 11 PM
Incredibly friendly and helpful staff
Loved the large French awning windows in kitchen bathroom and living room to let all the fresh air in
Great location right by the Arc de Triomphe and Champs-Elysées
Very quiet most of the time
Items needing attention:
The kitchen had no bowls to have cereal in the morning. It also only had one pot.
The air conditioning is ineffective. I would hate to be here when it is hot.
TV is slow to get growing and acts weird
The WiFi is slow
The furniture is worn and had a musty smell I had to buy fabreze and spray. Updating would work wonders.
Noise in the morning when the garbage trucks are taking garbage at peninsula hotel across the street but hotel can do nothing about this if you want windows open
This is a great spot and could be absolutely magnificent with some updating and care. I am going to give five star because I still think the good outweighed the bad but $1000 a night you expect more.
We stayed in an executive room. While everyone was pleasant and staff at this hotel did display a can-do attitude, it was only when the absolute basics were not completed - and had to be pointed out - that we received a response. Everything was somewhat half-hearted, not what one would expect from an apparent five star hotel or for the price - I would like some of our needs forecast, like a clean room. See below.
- The room had not been properly cleaned and stains had been left on the carpet.
- Various technical features in room (e.g. lights were not working, broken bin in bathroom.)
- Check-in is strictly from 3pm, unlike other hotels, they do not offer to call customers if room is ready beforehand, or even take the luggage to the room for when you arrive.
- Room Service order arrived cold and was billed incorrectly.
- No duty manager is on site and cannot be contacted when you have an issue.
- Spa quite crowded in the afternoon and it had no suitable bathrobes/slippers available in room or from staff in spa area.
- Dog charge considerably high given that at first, our dog didn’t even have a bowl to drink from in the room (again, rectified, we even got a bed after asking twice).
While all these issues are not grave and staff were friendly and tried to help when approached, this hotel does not offer a 5 star experience which puts the customer at the heart of the operation.
They assured us they are improving, are trying to improve, but they may want to amend their pricing whilst they do so - we’re not paying less because they are underperforming...