Dolce Frégate Provence
What We Love
- A scenic stay on the Côte d'Azur, with breakfast, a bottle of wine and a golfing discountSophisticated gourmet fare at signature restaurant, Le Mas des Vignes
- Teeing off at either of the superb Ronald Fream-designed golf courses
- Topping off the day with a hard-earned glass of red, white, or rosé
What To Know
- There are two golf courses, three tennis courts, three outdoor swimming pools and one indoor pool, a sauna, a hot tub and a beauty salon
- Both restaurants serve refined French fare and a breakfast of fresh pastries is served out on the terrace
- The resort is in of the Côte d'Azur’s under-the-radar idylls
For those who fancy glamming it up in one of the Côte d’Azur’s lesser-known idylls, this attractive four-star resort is just a few kilometres from Bondol – the wine-producing region best known for its reds, whites and terrific full-bodied rosés. The setting is as picture-perfect as it gets; think lush vineyards, olive trees, and stunning vistas across the sparkling Mediterranean Sea.
All of the spacious and very comfortable guest rooms come with Provençal-style decor; think soft pastel hues, travertine limestone, terracotta and wrought iron detailing, and large French doors that open onto private balconies. Elsewhere, you’ll find three outdoor pools, a fitness centre, three tennis courts, a spa with indoor pool, sauna, Jacuzzi and treatment cabins, and two Ronald Fream-designed golf courses (the nine-hole Frégalon and the 18-hole Frégate).
As you’d expect, it’s all rather splendid on the food and drink front too. With a menu that hinges on freshly-prepared Provençal cuisine, you can dine in two restaurants: the laid-back La Restanque or the more sophisticated Le Mas des Vignes. There’s also two relaxed bars, both of which are perfect for kicking back with end-of-day cocktails and a few glasses of Bondol’s finest.
How to Get There
beautiful location, nice view, problem eas the dishwasher, jacuzzi water not very hot. but in general very pleased . strongly recommend. will be back in the near futur. staff price everything was perfect or almost.
We spent a week at Dolce Frigate in October 2019 and found it the perfect spot central to exploring the south eastern coast of France. The golf course is something special if you get a chance to play it, just remember the carts need to stay on course or they shut down on you!
The unit itself was well sized, although the shower was a little tight for us 6 footers. Although dated the decor and appliances met our needs and the view was worth the trip alone! Kudos to all the staff who were amazing!
Nice welcome by receptionist, our room was very big with a terrace overlooking the hotel grounds and the sea (a few miles away). The bedding was great with very soft bedsheets. Nice outdoor pools (too cold to swim though) but there is also a big indoor pool and jacuzzi. However the hotel corridors could use a bit refurbishment. There is a big car park as well. A great place for golfers!!!