Valamar Riviera Hotel & Villa Parentino
What We Love
- Rates are half-board and include daily buffet breakfast and buffet dinner in the main restaurant (excluding drinks)
- Prime location on Porec’s palm-lined seafront promenade
- Pleasant à la carte restaurant serving Mediterranean cuisine from a waterside terrace
- Hotel beach on the nearby island of Sveti Nikola is served by regular taxi-boat
What To Know
- The hotel is not luxurious, but it is smart, comfortable and functional with an excellent location
- This is an adults-only property; children 16 and under are not permitted
- Front rooms, overlooking the seafront promenade, can be noisy in peak season
- Check out is at 10 a.m.
- Adults Only
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
In a prime position on Porec’s palm-lined seafront promenade, Valamar Riviera Hotel & Villa Parentino is fronted by a wooden terrace with palms, big white parasols and boxy white-wicker sofas. Inside, the spacious no-fuss lobby has a subtle nautical theme, dotted with blue cushions and black-and-white photos of sail boats. The look is solid, sensible and sun kissed.
Bed & Bath
Rooms have wooden floors, generous beds with a choice of pillows, ample pine wardrobes, and blue-striped armchairs. Bathrooms are basic with beige tiles and either a shower or bathtub – specify if you have preferences. Suites are more spacious and have sea views (some with balconies), plus a living area with a cream leather sofa (making an extra bed), and a coffee-maker. It’s not a boutique hotel in the true sense, as the rooms all have the same décor and furnishing.
A plentiful buffet breakfast is laid out in the ground floor dining room: Fresh fruit, yogurts, pancakes, oven-warm croissants, plus eggs cooked to order. The Spinnaker restaurant offers more personalized dining, serving Mediterranean dishes such as sea bass carpaccio with wild asparagus at waterside tables, overlooking the boats moored up along the quay, while the nearby Parentino wine-bar offers wine tasting under the auspices of a sommelier. A private beach on the nearby islet of Sveti Nikola is served by regular taxi-boat.
How to Get There
This was our first time in Croatia and will not be our last, we did lake Garda six weeks ago and for us Croatia is a better option, a cheaper one and in porec you have more to see And do in compared to malcesine
My top 10 Positives on the riviera hotel
1. My wife is a runner and if you turn left or right out of the hotel, there is some great paths and safe track options
2. The restaurant is excellent, my wife has been a vegan for years and knows her food, the restaurant manager and head chef made sure every evening she had a vegan option, they went above and beyond, it was stunning service and food, checking all the time she was happy and the vegan food was bang on, excellent service, trust me, if the vegan food was not right she would be telling them and be protesting in reception, she was pleased every evening
3. For me, I eat anything, and the food options were great, could not fault the restaurant, the staff as said before in reviews were so friendly it was a real pleasure to eat in this hotel restaurant.
4. Hotel Location was spot on, we was in room 304 looking over the harbour, worth paying a little more for a harbour view
5. Room, spotless, cleaned every day and fresh towels supplied every day, air con worked well, shower had good pressure and piping hot water, which is lacking in some hotels
6. Reception staff all speak great English and are always helpful what ever your request
7. A little odd, the hotel beach is on the island opposite, once we got use to the 5 mins boat trip it was not a issue, you need towel cards from reception, don’t forget them.
8. Never used the a al cart restaurant so can not comment on this, being honest there was no need to, the main restaurant was spot on
9. Hotel location is brilliant, your in great walking distance with everything in easy location
10. For a small hotel it had great room facilities and staff that actually care
Negatives - NONE
A. Would I rebook this hotel ?
Yes, we are booking again for next year
B. We’re the drinks cheap in the hotel
I would say the same as home
Overall a great little hotel with brilliant and friendly staff and is worth the tripadvisor rating
We had never been to this area of Croatia before and were not disappointed the scenery was stunning. We loved our weeks stay at the Riviera travelling with Tui on a half board basis. We tend to go for small hotels so this suited us as we are not beach or sitting by the pool people although it was nice to take the boat over to the island and relax for a time at the Isabella.
We had a room on the 4th floor at the back of the hotel with a view looking directly across to the Basilica it was lovely being just across the road from the waterfront with lots of bars for a drink or coffee. Our room was a good size nicely furnished with lots of wardrobe space tea and coffee was provided (no milk) the coffee was Nescafé sachets 3 in 1 coffee milk and sugar and as a previous review mentioned the pillows were a bit flat however the positives by far outweighed the negatives everything was spotless and well serviced everyday.
The restaurant was very well organised and well staffed who all had their designated jobs it was also nice to have the choice of eating outside a definite plus point for us was being served in the morning with tea or coffee and not having to queue at a machine. There was a good choice of both hot and cold food which was always well presented sometimes it took a little while to be replaced but got better as the week went on.
All the staff in the hotel that we had contact with were both warm friendly and helpful and we were greeted with a smile. For us Porec was lovely lots of history very clean and fantastic ice cream.
It was a nice surprise that we had access to the sister resort on an island, which is a quick and free boat ride away. They have restaurants (one with an infinity pool right on the water in the upscale part of the resort island), a sand beach, swimming pool and rocky beaches. The room was very, very large and the breakfast had lots of variety and ok quality. Staff were very helpful and friendly. It's right in the hustle and bustle of the Porec waterfront but our room was reasonably quiet.
Nothing was too much trouble for our Croat hosts: the hotel we stayed in, or it’s sister on the island only a minute or two across the bay. Riviera residents have the luxury of a child free hotel, and better, a private beach on the island. Most of the beaches are actually limestone, which is what much of this beautiful country is built on.
Beyond our hotel, everyone we came into contact with was warm, friendly and accommodating.
There is some wonderful history to be explored here in Istria and the people at the info desk in the hotel helped us with tours, hassle free car hire, places to visit, etc. Two restaurants at the Riviera with the outdoor A la Carte restaurant really hitting the spot!
The Croatians really appear to like all their guests, unlike some other places in the world.
Couldn’t recommend strongly enough. Get down there before the less well behaved brits spoil it for the rest of us!
Just returned from an 11nights stay.Loved the location perfect for us .The hotel has lovely friendly staff particularly in the restaurant.Food was very good enjoyed breakfast.Not impressed with the room 321 overlooking the rooftop.Large enough but very small window towels thin and very soft pillows.Think coffee and milk should be provided in the room. Wifi very good tap water is safe to drink and free safe. Went across to the sister hotel lovely gardens but lots of children so prefared our hotel .The boat trips are good and lots of places to eat .Enjoyed our stay would love to visit Croatia again,.If you are going on a coach trip book the hotel bus to take you down to the bus station if you don't want to walk