The Waldorf Hilton, London
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at The Waldorf Hilton, London, you’ll be centrally located in London, steps from London Transport Museum and King’s College London. This 4-star hotel is close to Coca-Cola London Eye and London Dungeon.
Make yourself at home in one of the 298 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Premium TV channels provides entertainment, and wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Be sure to enjoy recreational amenities, including an indoor pool, a sauna, and a fitness center. Additional features at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services.
Food & Drink
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include wired Internet access (surcharge), a 24-hour business center, and express check-in. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference space and meeting rooms.
How to Get There
Very poor stay:
- unable to access room at the stated check in time of 3pm. Eventually checked in just before 4pm and then had to wait a further 45 minutes for our luggage to be delivered causing us to almost miss a restaurant reservation.
- had booked a twin deluxe room which clearly shows a bathtub on the hotels own website pictures and room description but our room had a shower only. I had specifically made sure the room had a bathtub as I was travelling with my mother who has arthritis and uses the bath to help with joint pain.
- I requested a room move, was advised hotel was booked that evening but they could move us the following day. Confirmed with reception the next morning that they had a record of the move which they did and we were told to leave our luggage in the current room and it would be taken care of.
- checked out of our first room at 10.30 and arrived back at the hotel at 3.30 to be told our new room was still not ready and they couldn't say when it would be available. After speaking with a manager they then managed to find a room within 5 minutes.
- had to wait 90 minutes for our luggage to arrive at the new room. During this time guests from a adjoining room knocked on our door as they had been told their luggage had been sent to our room (it had not).
- in our first room (125) the bathroom door lock was broken and my mother was locked in the bathroom (luckily I managed to unlock this myself from the bedroom side)
- in our second room (525) the window was loose in the frame and banged loudly all night.
- I arrived home and checked my email invoice to find I had been charged £55 valet parking which was a surprise as I had traveled by train.
- I contacted the hotel to discuss the invoice error only to be corrected by the member of staff on how to pronounce my own name.
Stayed here as it was handy for the Aldwych Theatre ,on a miserable rainy day it was good to step into the warm and welcoming atmosphere.Staff very helpful and friendly and the rooms clean and comfortable.Our room service meal and breakfast in the dining room were very tasty.Even though the hotel was at full capacity staff took great care to deliver a pleasant stay for us.
This is a review relating to a Xmas lunch event for over 200 people which I attended recently. This scale of event must be hell to cater for, in terms of delivering both high food quality and well-coordinated timeliness. Quality was passably ok, but it was very poorly managed and coordinated, being slow and disorganised. This is what big international hotels are supposed to be very polished at, and presumably charge accordingly for. Sadly, this time, the Waldorf failed.
Having arrived early our room wasn’t ready. We went out. On our return we were given our room card, we went to our room only to walk in on another couple. We went down and informed reception and they apologised and gave us another room key. I feel this is unacceptable, actually walking in on someone. Disgusting.
Beautiful hotel. Opulent grand function room. Lovely breakfast too. Very convenient for the Theatre district and Covent Garden. Highly recommended for a couple weekend getaway with moderate prices. Historic building too, so lots of character.