What We Love
- The luxurious yet laid-back vibe of this Kensington hideaway
- The location—on the same road as London’s best museums
- Treating yourself to a show at the nearby Royal Albert Hall
What To Know
- Located equidistance between the Earl's Court and Gloucester Road tube stops
- Within easy walking distance of the Victoria and Albert Museum, The Museum of Natural History, and Harrod's
- Free WiFi
- Free WiFi
Tucked away on the magnificent Cromwell Road, The Rockwell enjoys some of the most iconic surroundings in the capital. Its neighbors include The Natural History Museum, the V&A and the Royal Albert Hall, not to mention the designer boutiques of Kensington High Street. Who knows, you might even spot a Royal in nearby Kensington Gardens. The Rockwell seamlessly blends boutique luxury with an innate sense of character, with bright interiors, pale walls, cozy furnishings, just 40 rooms, a pretty walled garden and a home-away-from-home feel. After a busy day in the metropolis, it’s the perfect retreat to switch off in; expect crackling fires, deep armchairs and fresh flowers in every room.
How to Get There
This is a beautifully designed boutique style hotel. The common areas are tastefully decorated and exceptionally clean. We stayed in one of the hotel's garden rooms and was spacious, spotlessly clean with usual facilities including tea/coffee, dressing gowns etc. The personnel, including reception, breakfast, housekeeping and bar staff who were very helpful and made our stay very enjoyable. Location is perfect as just a few tube stops from centre and 5 mins from the tube station. I highly recommend the Rockwell and hope to return soon.
My partner booked the hotel but strangely the booking was under my name not hers so once that confusion (btw the staff were lovely so no issue there just a bit odd) had been sorted we headed to our garden room. (LG1)
The room was large well furnished and generally clean although there were a couple of odd things:
- There’s a desk area but no chair to sit comfortably at it (the lounge chairs are too low)
- the kettle doesn’t fit under the tap in the bathroom and the small courtesy water bottle doesn’t hold enough water no does it fit under
The small patio area is fine but there are a number of metal railings etc that all could do with rust treatment and repainting.
The bed is very large and comfortable (bit soft for us but still good) and there’s plenty of space to walk around it.
Shower room was ok if in need of a bit of work on the mildew that had crept into a couple of locations in the shower cubicle. Good strong shower though!! Oh and the gel and shampoo are nice with a very pleasant smell.
Key thing to say is the room is really quiet which meant a great nights sleep. Not something I get that often in London!!
Staff are really lovely and helpful. The offer of fresh milk when we requested extra teabags was a lovely touch - also swiftly delivered.
Great place. Very convenient location and well fitted out. Good vfm.
Didn’t have breakfast so can’t comment.
BTW loved the retention of the beautiful floor and balustrades in the hallways.
We will be back to stay.
We have just enjoyed one restful night at The Rockwell; very well located, easy to find, with great transport links.
All the reception staff are a delight - friendly, helpful, cheery - and the lobby area is stunning; packed with original features but with a contemporary flair. Check out the tiled floor!!
We were in a spacious lowerground garden room - always pleasant to have outdoor space. So for the pros:
- Huge comfy bed
- Fantastic powerful (& hot) shower
- High quality 'White Company' toiletries
- Decent range of snacks in minibar
- Tea/Coffee facilities (cheerily topped up for us on request)
- Plenty of towels & robes
- Absolutely silent - you forget you're in London & on a main road!!!
- Fast wifi & decent TV
I would have given it 5 stars if it hadn't have been for the following niggles:
- Mould on the ceiling in the shower
- Rubbish hairdryer (although I appreciate good ones get stolen!)
- Plug socket on the desk wasn't working - making finding a mirror/plug combo for drying hair difficult
- The garden is a bit tired & rusty, would benefit from more pots/plants
- Smoke from the garden comes into the room - maybe consider going No Smoking?
- We didn't have breakfast as it seemed quite expensive
Overall we felt value for money was excellent & would definitely use again. Thank you to the lovely staff for making the stay so pleasant!! X
Stayed here as I wanted to stay somewhere different on my birthday weekend away and this place looked perfect as its less than 5 mins from Earls Court and then about 15 mins from the Natural History Museum and Harrods so location wise its fabulous.
Upon arrival we had a lovely friendly greeting from the receptionists who kindly informed us as a nice surprise we had been upgraded to the Garden Room in addition to the offer of a complimentary glass of wine in the evening as it was my birthday which I thought was a really nice touch.
As we had arrived before the check in time of 14:00 we eft our bags and visited the Natural History museum and when we arrived back enjoyed a drink at the bar and was shown to our room with our bags waiting for us already in the room.
The Garden Room itself was very clean and big, I loved the bed it was soft and the pillows were lovely and soft. And when we returned to the room after our trip to the theatre we came back to find they had turned down the bed ready for us.
On our second night we decided to enjoy the food at the restaurant they have and I'm glad we did as it was delicious, the food is reasonably priced and was cooked perfectly.
We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to London as the whole experience was fantastic; the staff are warm and friendly and very helpful and overall was great value for money.
Stayed in hotel for 4 nights. Really friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfast and overall great value. Location perfect for Earls Court Underground and an easy walk the V&A and Nat. History Museums.