The Marylebone Hotel
What We Love
- The enviable central location — ideal for enjoying the best of London’s shopping and sightseeing
- The exceptionally polite and efficient staff
- Burning some post-lunch calories in the ultramodern, ultraspacious three-floor health center
- Following a Swedish massage with a crystal healing treatment at the Third Space spa
- Quaffing bespoke cocktails in the supreme comfort of the plum-colored bar
What To Know
- The hotel opened in 2009
- Pets are not permitted
- Parts of the hotel are still undergoing occasional refurbishments of repainting and redecorating
- Corridors are long with low lighting
- WiFi is free
- READ MORE: How to see London for free
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at The Marylebone Hotel, you’ll be centrally located in London, steps from Wigmore Hall and minutes from Selfridges. This 4-star hotel is close to Trafalgar Square and Buckingham Palace.
Make yourself at home in one of the 257 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring minibars and espresso makers. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, and flat-screen televisions with satellite programming provide entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include safes and desks, as well as phones with free local calls.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as a health club, an indoor pool, and a spa tub. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access and tour/ticket assistance.
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Continental breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a business center, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and a meeting room.
How to Get There
Centrally located and perfect for every occasion, the Marylebone Hotel is wonderful. I love the event spaces with beautiful lighting and stylish design. The service is particularly great, thank you Hannah, George, Otto, Karina, Andreea and Po.
Had a fantastic bridal shower at the Marylebone rooms. Everything was amazing…the venue, food, drinks and music. Big thank you to Esther for looking after all the guest and making us feel so welcomed.
I've spent a lot of time traveling to London for work, and most of those trips were in horrible hotels with uncomfortable beds and ridiculously small rooms. Compared to all the others, The Marylebone was a breath of fresh air, let me tell you!
(1) The location is fantastic (and not just for business travelers) - you're easy walking distance to Regent Street, multiple tube stops, and a lot of great food.
(2) Their breakfast is delightful! We just did the continental, and I was a happy clam after stuffing my face with toast, jams, tasty meats and cheese, fruits, yogurts, etc.
(3) Customer service was unbeatable. I can't even fit all my praise in one review, but from the second we stepped out of our Uber upon arrival until we left three days later the service was impeccable.
(4) The rooms are nice and a respectable size (this was a pleasant surprise as they are "large" by UK standards). Bathroom was small, but got the job done just fine and had plenty of hot water to go around.
I will say that it was unseasonably hot when we were there, so the AC was having a hard time keeping up. But I have silly American standards for AC, so if it's not an ice chest, I'm hot. I wouldn't change my review for this, as this is most likely a "me" thing. But on the off chance that any of you intend to go the rare days it's hot and you have to have it colder than 73ºF (~22ºC), just make sure you ask them to check your room's unit.
Visited the hotel for a romantic weekend away, and it was the perfect choice. Snazzy bar in the reception area and great service in the breakfast room. It was busy particular on the Saturday with a wedding happening but as a newly engaged couple a nice women Hannah took time out to show us the venue and explain the new rooms to us, we were very appreciative of her time as she was clearly very busy and we would certainly consider the hotel for our wedding in a couple of years!! Only negative would be the AC in the room wasn’t very affective, but didn’t really bother us. Thanks also to Manon the guest manager she was also helpful throughout our stay!
Stayed at this lovely hotel for a week for a training programme. We had a 5 day conference in the meeting rooms palm bar. The staff are the best I have yet to discover Very attentive, got to know us as people and not just ‘another guest’ it was a pleasure to meet Otto, Hannah, George, Peter - thank you for my many cappachino! Karina and Andreea! A well deserved 5* Review.