The Kensington Hotel
What We Love
- Simply, the location: Kensington is a wonderful area to wander, enjoy the Regency architecture and stop off at the Natural History and Science Museum
- The character of this venerable townhouse has been carefully and successfully preserved
- Efficient, understated and unobtrusive 24-hour service
- Open fires and comfy sofas in the communal lounges, perfect for relaxing with a specialist cocktail and one of the many hardback art books
- Furniture from the antiques stores of the King’s Road and Christies auction house collected by board chairman and owner’s daughter, Bernie Gallagher
- READ MORE: How to see London for free
What To Know
- Well located it may be, but the Kensington is still in the heart of London, so expect some road noise at the front and restricted views at the back
- This is an original townhouse that’s been retrofitted as a hotel, so rooms vary greatly in size, shape and ceiling height
- The air conditioning is ferocious and turned on by default – if you don’t like it, ask for it to be turned off before you arrive
- There’s an impressive on-site gym and massage facility, but no pool or spa
- Some Superior and Deluxe Rooms have ziplock single mattresses as kingsize doubles; if you prefer a single mattress request a queensize double
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
A stay at The Kensington Hotel places you in the heart of London, minutes from London Natural History Museum and close to Imperial College London. This 5-star hotel is close to Royal Albert Hall and Harrods.
Make yourself at home in one of the 150 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Your bed comes with down comforters and Frette Italian sheets. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with bathtubs feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and gift shops/newsstands.
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. English breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and express check-out.
How to Get There
I came for afternoon tea at the townhouse and was welcomed by George who was wonderful and showed us around. You could tell he really cared about his job and made the most of it. He was super friendly. The afternoon tea was also fabulous. We were immediately seated and had everything explained to us. The tea was amazing and the best tea I have ever had! The food was amazing in texture and flavor. Service helpful and nice! I wish I lived in London because I would 100% visit again! After tea we ran into George again and he showed us a bit more of the hotel. I wish I knew about this hotel because I would’ve stayed here. Loved George, the rest of the staff, the atmosphere, and of course the food and tea.
From the time we set foot inside the Kensington Hotel to the time we left for home the people working at the hotel were so nice and attentive. The location of the hotel near the Hyde Park area was so appealing.
We had never heard of the Kensington before and have stayed in several other hotels in london, this has definitely been one of our best experiences.
On arrival the valets welcome you, very friendly and professional.
The front desk staff are excellently the same.
Our room was very clean and spacious, everything you would want, bed very confortable.
We had breakfast in bed every morning and the food was very good.
The bar (as seen in the pic) very nice, the staff again Proffesional and friendly, if you need advice on a beverage they will happily assist you.
We had dinner in the resturant one night, the food very good. Unfortunately I really can't say much for the service, the young lady who served us was extremely friendly but and it is a but, she kept forgetting our orders, we had to remind her and another server a couple of time to get us additional drinks and bottles of wine, she also collected plates whilst our guests were still eating, plus forgetting a few food orders.
The negatives definitely have not put us off the hotel, it is excellent, we have infact booked again when back in London next month.
I highly recommend this hotel and you won't be disappointed.
Booked a 4 night stay - small room but perfect for our stay - quiet, loved the heated floor in the bathroom, cozy bed, immaculate and all the amenities. Storage space was limited which made it challenging to unpack. Staff was very helpful and attentive. Breakfast buffet was excellent, we had dinner two evenings and the food and service was excellent. We especially appreciated the wine recommendation. Location is great- close to the V&A and Natural History Museum and walking distance to Knightsbridge.
After a wonderful few hours at the V&A we were looking for somewhere nearby for a bite to eat and celebratory drink. The townhouse @ The Kensington was perfect. The ambience is relaxed chic. Easy to have a conversation whilst enjoying a cocktail and/or 😊 gin. Table service was excellent and our food was delicious.