The Kensington Hotel
What We Love
- Simply, the location: Kensington is a wonderful area to wander, enjoy the Regency architecture and stop off at the Natural History and Science Museum
- The character of this venerable townhouse has been carefully and successfully preserved
- Efficient, understated and unobtrusive 24-hour service
- Open fires and comfy sofas in the communal lounges, perfect for relaxing with a specialist cocktail and one of the many hardback art books
- Furniture from the antiques stores of the King’s Road and Christies auction house collected by board chairman and owner’s daughter, Bernie Gallagher
- READ MORE: How to see London for free
What To Know
- Well located it may be, but the Kensington is still in the heart of London, so expect some road noise at the front and restricted views at the back
- This is an original townhouse that’s been retrofitted as a hotel, so rooms vary greatly in size, shape and ceiling height
- The air conditioning is ferocious and turned on by default – if you don’t like it, ask for it to be turned off before you arrive
- There’s an impressive on-site gym and massage facility, but no pool or spa
- Some Superior and Deluxe Rooms have ziplock single mattresses as kingsize doubles; if you prefer a single mattress request a queensize double
- Free WiFi
A stay at The Kensington Hotel places you in the heart of London, minutes from London Natural History Museum and close to Imperial College London. This 5-star hotel is close to Royal Albert Hall and Harrods.
Make yourself at home in one of the 150 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Your bed comes with down comforters and Frette Italian sheets. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with bathtubs feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and gift shops/newsstands.
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. English breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and express check-out.
How to Get There
Me and my partner have had the most wonderful experience as part of the afternoon tea.I am a big Disney fan so this was just perfect. The food selection was lovely loved the starter and the choice of cakes and sandwiches was great.The little touches made it that bit more special. One of the staff Thomas was great he made our experience that more special with the little extras he did. The location was just perfect. We would highly recommend.
We stay for business reasons very often in The Kensington but today was the first time I ate dinner in the lounge and I wanted to recommend Florin, your waiter there. From the start I felt very welcomed and looked after. He has an eye for all the details that go on in the lounge incl. fixing all the small things like lights but never forgetting his guests. Great service all around and highly recommendable.
The Kensington is in a great location and service is excellent. from the moment we checked in to our checkout the staff ensured everything was great. the rooms are quite nice and beds very comfortable. without a doubt this is the hotel to stay in when in south Kensington.
Outstanding hotel, very well located. Staff very friendly, make you feel at home! Great rooms and facilities. You can reach subway, Hyde Park and a lot of museums at walking distance. A lot of bars and great restaurants in the neighborhood.
We stayed here for 2 nights. The service was very good and we were well looked after. The room was comfortable although the bathroom was quite small, however this is understandable as space is at a premium in central London.The food at breakfast was excellent and the bar food and cocktail menu were both very good also. The reception rooms are beautifully decorated for Christmas.