The Kensington Hotel
What We Love
- Simply, the location: Kensington is a wonderful area to wander, enjoy the Regency architecture and stop off at the Natural History and Science Museum
- The character of this venerable townhouse has been carefully and successfully preserved
- Efficient, understated and unobtrusive 24-hour service
- Open fires and comfy sofas in the communal lounges, perfect for relaxing with a specialist cocktail and one of the many hardback art books
- Furniture from the antiques stores of the King’s Road and Christies auction house collected by board chairman and owner’s daughter, Bernie Gallagher
- READ MORE: How to see London for free
What To Know
- Well located it may be, but the Kensington is still in the heart of London, so expect some road noise at the front and restricted views at the back
- This is an original townhouse that’s been retrofitted as a hotel, so rooms vary greatly in size, shape and ceiling height
- The air conditioning is ferocious and turned on by default – if you don’t like it, ask for it to be turned off before you arrive
- There’s an impressive on-site gym and massage facility, but no pool or spa
- Some Superior and Deluxe Rooms have ziplock single mattresses as kingsize doubles; if you prefer a single mattress request a queensize double
- Free WiFi
A stay at The Kensington Hotel places you in the heart of London, minutes from London Natural History Museum and close to Imperial College London. This 5-star hotel is close to Royal Albert Hall and Harrods.
Make yourself at home in one of the 150 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Your bed comes with down comforters and Frette Italian sheets. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with bathtubs feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and gift shops/newsstands.
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. English breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and express check-out.
How to Get There
Classic English charm. Be sure to book your room in advance as it is often fully booked. Some rooms are small but well equipped. I especially liked the shower with fast hot water and strong flow, a rare treat. Excellent location. Excellent breakfast. Excellent staff and service. The staff goes out of their way to make your stay enjoyable and memorable.
Super friendly staff. Great service. please do something about the Wi-Fi because this kind of slow at the moment otherwise everything is fine!!! Very clean and quite convenient to get around from the hotel. Very much recommended!!
This is a gem. Top notch. From the staff to the amenities it is a pleasure to stay here. The location is excellent as you avoid the madness of main thoroughfares but are right by the museums and Harrods and great local restaurants, as well as a block walk to various tube lines for convenience.
The Kensington is a wonderful hotel with attentive, professional, and friendly staff. The location is great - close to the tube and with many fine restaurants within walking distance. Many five star amenities like welcome drink, turn-down service, free water and wifi, treat left on bed, concierge services, doorman, etc. You are treated politely and with respect by every staff member. The room is a bit small though, and at times you can hear neighbors above and next to your room, but I would certainly stay here again. I recommend The Kensington.
I usually never put service first, but in this case I will say: the service was impeccable from start to finish, from front desk to concierge to restaurant. Brilliant! The location is fabulous, just a short walk from the tube and also to the park and Kensington Palace, the V&A museum, Hyde Park, and other attractions. Great food for breakfast and dinner both. Lovely room, never heard a peep at night. Beautiful bathroom. Old world charm. Can not say enough about this beautiful hotel.