The Kensington Hotel
What We Love
- Simply, the location: Kensington is a wonderful area to wander, enjoy the Regency architecture and stop off at the Natural History and Science Museum
- The character of this venerable townhouse has been carefully and successfully preserved
- Efficient, understated and unobtrusive 24-hour service
- Open fires and comfy sofas in the communal lounges, perfect for relaxing with a specialist cocktail and one of the many hardback art books
- Furniture from the antiques stores of the King’s Road and Christies auction house collected by board chairman and owner’s daughter, Bernie Gallagher
- READ MORE: How to see London for free
What To Know
- Well located it may be, but the Kensington is still in the heart of London, so expect some road noise at the front and restricted views at the back
- This is an original townhouse that’s been retrofitted as a hotel, so rooms vary greatly in size, shape and ceiling height
- The air conditioning is ferocious and turned on by default – if you don’t like it, ask for it to be turned off before you arrive
- There’s an impressive on-site gym and massage facility, but no pool or spa
- Some Superior and Deluxe Rooms have ziplock single mattresses as kingsize doubles; if you prefer a single mattress request a queensize double
- Free WiFi
A stay at The Kensington Hotel places you in the heart of London, minutes from London Natural History Museum and close to Imperial College London. This 5-star hotel is close to Royal Albert Hall and Harrods.
Make yourself at home in one of the 150 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Your bed comes with down comforters and Frette Italian sheets. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with bathtubs feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and gift shops/newsstands.
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. English breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and express check-out.
How to Get There
We visited London for the NBA game and I stayed with my two teenagers in the Doyle Kensington in a beautiful family room. The room had a double bed and two single beds. Really comfortable beds and bedding. Plenty of space in the hallway area for dressing and getting ready for me - and a gorgeous bathroom with walk in shower. The bar has a vast drinks menu and a relaxed atmosphere. Buffet style continental breakfast was lovely. The staff were amazing and went over and above to make our stay fantastic-and it was! The location is second to none - a two minute walk from south Kensington station. Thank you all so much. We will definitely be back!
I recently stayed at The Kensington. It's a pretty hotel and very relaxed. My room was so comfortable and had all the amenities I like. Nice towels and sheets and pillows. I had a few meals in the cozy lounge by the fire. The food is great and the service is just right. And the location is perfect, a short walk to museums and great shopping. I'll definitely stay there again next time I visit London!
I was returning to London to pick up my daughter from a study abroad program and The Kensington was not only in the neighborhood, but was just down the street.The staff were welcoming and knowledgeable and the restaurant was not only good, but was relaxing. The location to the tube was another big PLUS and the hotel itself was lovely and charming and I would return and definitely stay here again!
A lovely Hotel in the perfect location. The bar and lounge areas are stylishly decorated and they have a delightful ambience. All of the staff we encountered were professional, friendly and efficient. Overall a very pleasant experience.
Stayed for 2 nights. Rooms small but very well appointed. Beds very comfortable. Bar excellent as was the breakfast quality and selection. Service through out was first class. Think of it as a mini Dorchester where the rooms are half the size but for 1/3rd the cost. I will certainly becoming back again.