The Kensington Hotel
What We Love
- Simply, the location: Kensington is a wonderful area to wander, enjoy the Regency architecture and stop off at the Natural History and Science Museum
- The character of this venerable townhouse has been carefully and successfully preserved
- Efficient, understated and unobtrusive 24-hour service
- Open fires and comfy sofas in the communal lounges, perfect for relaxing with a specialist cocktail and one of the many hardback art books
- Furniture from the antiques stores of the King’s Road and Christies auction house collected by board chairman and owner’s daughter, Bernie Gallagher
- READ MORE: How to see London for free
What To Know
- Well located it may be, but the Kensington is still in the heart of London, so expect some road noise at the front and restricted views at the back
- This is an original townhouse that’s been retrofitted as a hotel, so rooms vary greatly in size, shape and ceiling height
- The air conditioning is ferocious and turned on by default – if you don’t like it, ask for it to be turned off before you arrive
- There’s an impressive on-site gym and massage facility, but no pool or spa
- Some Superior and Deluxe Rooms have ziplock single mattresses as kingsize doubles; if you prefer a single mattress request a queensize double
- Free WiFi
A stay at The Kensington Hotel places you in the heart of London, minutes from London Natural History Museum and close to Imperial College London. This 5-star hotel is close to Royal Albert Hall and Harrods.
Make yourself at home in one of the 150 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Your bed comes with down comforters and Frette Italian sheets. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with bathtubs feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and gift shops/newsstands.
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. English breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and express check-out.
How to Get There
I have stayed at The Kensington, London several times. It is an extraordinary historic property that is superbly furnished. The lounge area is charming and warm. It is perfect for meetings with business associates and meals with friends. The rooms are a very nice size and provide all possible amenities. But, the best part of The Kensington is the staff! Everyone including reception greeters, porters, concierges, and wait staff in the excellent restaurant, are extremely professional and amazingly helpful. I was so grateful to all of them on my last trip, which started and ended with Curtis McCalla welcoming me and shepherding me on my departure from London. It’s a special hotel with remarkable staff.
We stayed at The Kensington as we were going to The Albert Hall. From the moment we arrived the welcome and service was incredible. It is a beautiful hotel but felt cosy & relaxed. I had requested a quiet room & that was exactly what we received. We will definitely stay again as the staff really make this Hotel shine!
Stayed one night at The Kensington but should have stayed
We loved the elegant rooms and the K Bar is a must at night
The staff could not have made us more welcome and the fruit and chocolate plate with Happy Birthday was such a surprise
Curtiss McCalla directed us to a superb dining experience of Japanese Sushi and we ended the evening drinking cocktails in the K Bar
Awesome experience , would love to do it again. Lovely staff looked after us so well. We walked in and still got a good deal for three nights. I would do it again if I have to, can’t think of staying at any other place then Kensington now.
Beautiful hotel, with elegant furnishings. 3 fires burning for relaxing cozy feeling.
Amazing bar but I’d had too many champagnes to enjoy it!
The London Landmarks Afternoon Tea was excellent. Starters including , mini fishcake, mini beef Wellington and tart.
Then sandwiches, 2 scones, and 4 desserts.
One of the best afternoon teas in London and I’ve had a few!