The Bloomsbury Hotel
What We Love
- Fantastic central location, close to the West End, British Museum, Covent Garden and Oxford Street
- The Seamus Heaney Library is stocked with literary classics — a nod to the area’s rich publishing heritage
- WiFi is free
- The Landseer Bar is a dark and moody oak-panelled hideaway perfect for pre-theater drinks or post-sightseeing relaxation
- Considering its location, there’s little to no street noise — rare for a London hotel
- READ MORE: How to see London for free
What To Know
- The Landseer British Kitchen is on the lower ground floor, but if the weather’s nice ask to dine on the private outdoor terrace
- The air conditioning is ferocious and turned on by default; if you don’t like it, ask for it to be turned off before you arrive (our room was like an icebox for the first 20 minutes)
- There’s an impressive on-site gym and massage facility, but no pool or spa
- Some Superior and Deluxe Rooms have 2 ziplock single mattresses as kingsize beds; if you prefer a single queensize mattress, let them know in advance
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
With a stay at The Bloomsbury Hotel, you’ll be centrally located in London, steps from The British Museum and Bedford Square. This 4-star hotel is close to Trafalgar Square and King’s College London.
Make yourself at home in one of the 153 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring espresso makers and flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and digital programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Enjoy recreation amenities such as a fitness center or take in the view from a rooftop terrace. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access and wedding services.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel’s restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a business center, and express check-in. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference space and meeting rooms.
How to Get There
I was in London for the first time on a business trip and this hotel was recommended by a coworker who stays there each time she travels to our London office. I did some research before and was intrigued by the beautiful pictures that were on the website and on TripAdvisor and I have to say my expectations were far exceeded when I arrived. I was staying for three nights and arrived before check-in, they happily stored my bag and gave me a call when my room was ready. After a long flight + full day at work and a bit of sightseeing after I was beyond exhausted. Once in my gorgeous room, I had a bit of a tough time figuring out that my key card needed to stay in a slot by the door to keep the lights on, but other than that I was pleasantly surprised by the hospitality. Not only was my room tidy each time I returned I was always met with a welcoming greeting and smile anywhere I went. And the meals...if you can, make sure to add on the breakfast that you can include with your room reservation. I am still dreaming of my breakfast each morning. They also have a beautiful terrace restaurant that has a full wall of beautiful flowers. May be a little pricey for personal travel, but any time I travel for business I will be sure to stay here. Planning to head back to our London office in December and am planning to book here again!
I was lucky enough to stay here for the night whilst working in London. I was impressed with everything the hotel had to offer and will be returning for business and pleasure. Ideal setting for a weekend away with your partner in particular.
I stayed here for three nights in August. Everything was excellent from the moment we arrived. The staff are very attentive and friendly. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We also had breakfast which was a great continental selection and delicious cooked options. Finally the location is absolutely fantastic close to sites and shopping with a tube station across the road. I would 100% recommend a stay here!