The Bloomsbury Hotel
What We Love
- Fantastic central location, close to the West End, British Museum, Covent Garden and Oxford Street
- The Seamus Heaney Library is stocked with literary classics — a nod to the area’s rich publishing heritage
- WiFi is free
- The Landseer Bar is a dark and moody oak-panelled hideaway perfect for pre-theater drinks or post-sightseeing relaxation
- Considering its location, there’s little to no street noise — rare for a London hotel
- READ MORE: How to see London for free
What To Know
- The Landseer British Kitchen is on the lower ground floor, but if the weather’s nice ask to dine on the private outdoor terrace
- The air conditioning is ferocious and turned on by default; if you don’t like it, ask for it to be turned off before you arrive (our room was like an icebox for the first 20 minutes)
- There’s an impressive on-site gym and massage facility, but no pool or spa
- Some Superior and Deluxe Rooms have 2 ziplock single mattresses as kingsize beds; if you prefer a single queensize mattress, let them know in advance
- Free WiFi
With a stay at The Bloomsbury Hotel, you’ll be centrally located in London, steps from The British Museum and Bedford Square. This 4-star hotel is close to Trafalgar Square and King’s College London.
Make yourself at home in one of the 153 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring espresso makers and flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and digital programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Enjoy recreation amenities such as a fitness center or take in the view from a rooftop terrace. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access and wedding services.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel’s restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a business center, and express check-in. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference space and meeting rooms.
How to Get There
In one word it's "perfect". Everyone smiling, clean rooms, fresh air in rooms. Actually I don't have time for this and I'm trying to fill up this box, so it let me continue to other page, it still want some letter and im getting bored right now, oh it's done already, by.
Great location? Yes,
Great service ? Yes
Comfy beds? Yes,
Very clean? Yes,
Good breakfast ? Wonderful!
I have stayed at The Bloomsbury 3 times in the last couple of years and have ALWAYS had a wonderful stay. The staff are super friendly and helpful and the hotel has that personal touch which is missing from so many others.
Its a 4 star hotel but feels closer to a 5 star. By far the best 4 star hotel I have ever stayed in that's for sure!
The location is close to everything - less than 5 minute walk to major underground station (Tottenham Court Road) and less than 10 mins walk to Theatreland, 3 minutes to Oxford Street shopping!
There's a Sainsbury's supermarket around the corner for the essentials and next to it Amazon lockers to pick up all your on-line purchases (inside the Barclays Bank).
I could go on and on - it really is my "go to" hotel in London
We stayed here for a single night and were treated impeccably the whole time. The room was magnificent. The Coral room was a great spot for a night cap. No issues asking for gluten free toast with breakfast. However the overwhelming experience was made by the staff particularly the young man who helped with our bags.
The Bloomsbury Hotel is near Tottenham Court Road tube, so very central but not in the most selective part of the West End. However, with purely a five minute walk to Oxford Street and ten minute walk to the theatre district, it offers five star luxury at reasonable prices. We stayed on a Friday night, having been to the theatre on Shaftsbury Avenue, and finished the evening on the amazing terrace with food and a beautiful glass of wine. The service was friendly, professional and informative. We will definitely be returning.
Amazing stylish hotel. The staff are so friendly, especially at breakfast and in the Coral Bar. I loved the attention to detail from the moment we booked in until the moment we left. One of the best hotels I have stayed in when visiting London.