The Bloomsbury Hotel
What We Love
- Fantastic central location, close to the West End, British Museum, Covent Garden and Oxford Street
- The Seamus Heaney Library is stocked with literary classics — a nod to the area’s rich publishing heritage
- WiFi is free
- The Landseer Bar is a dark and moody oak-panelled hideaway perfect for pre-theater drinks or post-sightseeing relaxation
- Considering its location, there’s little to no street noise — rare for a London hotel
- READ MORE: How to see London for free
What To Know
- The Landseer British Kitchen is on the lower ground floor, but if the weather’s nice ask to dine on the private outdoor terrace
- The air conditioning is ferocious and turned on by default; if you don’t like it, ask for it to be turned off before you arrive (our room was like an icebox for the first 20 minutes)
- There’s an impressive on-site gym and massage facility, but no pool or spa
- Some Superior and Deluxe Rooms have 2 ziplock single mattresses as kingsize beds; if you prefer a single queensize mattress, let them know in advance
- Free WiFi
With a stay at The Bloomsbury Hotel, you’ll be centrally located in London, steps from The British Museum and Bedford Square. This 4-star hotel is close to Trafalgar Square and King’s College London.
Make yourself at home in one of the 153 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring espresso makers and flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and digital programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Enjoy recreation amenities such as a fitness center or take in the view from a rooftop terrace. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access and wedding services.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel’s restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a business center, and express check-in. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference space and meeting rooms.
How to Get There
Excellent hotel, service and location. Very good breakfast. My stay was short, as with all business trips, which made the quality of the service even more important. Very efficient, polite and friendly staff. I also used the hotel car service for going to the airport - and was very satisfied. All in all, highly recommended!
Kudos to Maria and Victor who delighted every morning with their wonderful smiles and excellent service at breakfast. What a charming well appointed little hotel in a great central location. Nice little gym to start the day as well.
What an incredible experience. From the moment we arrived to The Bloomsbury we were welcomed by a friendly, genuine and professional staff group. The guest relations manager (Than) took us to our amazing upgraded room (421) which was beautiful and so spacious. The food was excellent and all of the little extras made for a very comfortable and lovely weekend break. Thank The Bloomsbury, Mark & Hannah
We stayed at The Bloomsbury in February for three nights as a treat for our anniversary - and let me tell you I cannot fault a single second of our stay. Tringa on reception checked us in, and from the moment we arrived she made every effort to ensure the comfort of our stay. Polite and professional, she provided information about the local amenities and tourist attractions, remembering our names and asking about our day once we returned of an evening. Excellent service.
Our room was exceptionally clean and comfortable - we did not ever want to leave! The rooms are of an excellent standard, as are all of the reception and guest areas. The service truly makes this hotel what it is, I have never encountered such kind and professional hotel staff who go above and beyond to make guests' experience special.
I cannot recommend this hotel enough and hope to come back for our next anniversary!!
I stayed for five nights in the bloomsbury hotel. We had a very bad experience where they did not provide us with our pre requisites that we requested prior to the visit and they agreed on. The house keeping took my towels and lost it “they got me new ones” but still. Very bad costumer service, some rude staff. Very bad concierge service he’s not knowledgable of the area. The only three people that made the stay smooth and compensated for the other awful experience were Abudi, Micheal and Khaled. I would not recommend anyone to stay in this hotel.