The Bloomsbury Hotel
What We Love
- Fantastic central location, close to the West End, British Museum, Covent Garden and Oxford Street
- The Seamus Heaney Library is stocked with literary classics — a nod to the area’s rich publishing heritage
- WiFi is free
- The Landseer Bar is a dark and moody oak-panelled hideaway perfect for pre-theater drinks or post-sightseeing relaxation
- Considering its location, there’s little to no street noise — rare for a London hotel
- READ MORE: How to see London for free
What To Know
- The Landseer British Kitchen is on the lower ground floor, but if the weather’s nice ask to dine on the private outdoor terrace
- The air conditioning is ferocious and turned on by default; if you don’t like it, ask for it to be turned off before you arrive (our room was like an icebox for the first 20 minutes)
- There’s an impressive on-site gym and massage facility, but no pool or spa
- Some Superior and Deluxe Rooms have 2 ziplock single mattresses as kingsize beds; if you prefer a single queensize mattress, let them know in advance
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
With a stay at The Bloomsbury Hotel, you’ll be centrally located in London, steps from The British Museum and Bedford Square. This 4-star hotel is close to Trafalgar Square and King’s College London.
Make yourself at home in one of the 153 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring espresso makers and flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and digital programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Enjoy recreation amenities such as a fitness center or take in the view from a rooftop terrace. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access and wedding services.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel’s restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a business center, and express check-in. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference space and meeting rooms.
How to Get There
Wife & I stayed here for several days prior to cruise. Virtually every segment of our time here was positive. The "trainees" were terrific. Early check-in after early am arrival from USA was relatively smooth. Our room was very nice and room attendants were superb. The on site restaurants were a bit expensive, but food was cooked & presented perfectly and service was beyond reproach. Location is almost ideal for visitors/tourists while being in a relatively quiet (if that's possible in London) location. We wish you well!
The Bloomsbury is in a great location within walking distance to many pubs, restaurants and attractions. The accommodations were clean, quiet and comfortable. Definitely visit the Coral Room during your stay!
We booked in for our anniversary and the staff made it so special. We had a suite with a huge bathroom and lovely walk-in shower, there was even a tv you could watch from the roll top bath. The room itself was lovely with good facilities and beautiful quality sheets.
We enjoyed a light bite supper with cocktails in the Coral Room and then went down to the Club room for the live Jazz which was excellent.
We would like to thank the guest services team, Thaw for the strawberries, the staff in the Coral Room for looking after us so well & Madalina in particular and everyone else who made our anniversary so special. Also a big that you to the turndown lady for the lovely romantic rose petal heart in our room 312. Thank you it’s these little touches that make you the best hotel!