The Bloomsbury Hotel
What We Love
- Fantastic central location, close to the West End, British Museum, Covent Garden and Oxford Street
- The Seamus Heaney Library is stocked with literary classics — a nod to the area’s rich publishing heritage
- WiFi is free
- The Landseer Bar is a dark and moody oak-panelled hideaway perfect for pre-theater drinks or post-sightseeing relaxation
- Considering its location, there’s little to no street noise — rare for a London hotel
- READ MORE: How to see London for free
What To Know
- The Landseer British Kitchen is on the lower ground floor, but if the weather’s nice ask to dine on the private outdoor terrace
- The air conditioning is ferocious and turned on by default; if you don’t like it, ask for it to be turned off before you arrive (our room was like an icebox for the first 20 minutes)
- There’s an impressive on-site gym and massage facility, but no pool or spa
- Some Superior and Deluxe Rooms have 2 ziplock single mattresses as kingsize beds; if you prefer a single queensize mattress, let them know in advance
- Free WiFi
With a stay at The Bloomsbury Hotel, you’ll be centrally located in London, steps from The British Museum and Bedford Square. This 4-star hotel is close to Trafalgar Square and King’s College London.
Make yourself at home in one of the 153 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring espresso makers and flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and digital programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Enjoy recreation amenities such as a fitness center or take in the view from a rooftop terrace. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access and wedding services.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel’s restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a business center, and express check-in. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference space and meeting rooms.
How to Get There
Such a beautiful hotel in a great location and full of history. The staff at all levels authentically cared about making our stay memorable - special mention to Estelita and Ionut. Food was excellent.
The hotel is in a great location for exploring London. Lovely cosy rooms with all the amenities you need. We were especially happy to see there was an iron in the room as it’s rare in hotels, despite being a necessity for travellers. Only thing is the rooms and bathrooms are very small, even the bed is tiny, my husbands feet were hanging off the edge. Highly recommend the Coral Room for cocktails and Dalloway Terrace for breakfast
We only stayed one night in this wonderful hotel , and didn't really make full use of all the facilities on offer , as we had an action packed schedule , but from first setting foot on the stairs up to the entrance to leaving we were treated like Royalty .
All the staff were extremely helpful polite and nothing was too much trouble. The room was lovely with excellent facilities spotlessly clean and very comfortable bed.
We had breakfast in bed as it was our anniversary , and champagne flowers and chocolate strawberries were delivered with a personal card from Camille .Wish we could have stayed longer , would thoroughly recommend to anyone looking for a London hotel .We will definitely be back next time we visit London .
Stylish, centrally located, new reno of lobby areas very nice. Attentive staff. Sent up tea service immediately, once when I arrived with a terrible flu and a talk to give the next day. lovely bar and restaurant. Many hotels in Bloomsbury but this is the one.
Third stay here. The rooms are clean and well maintained, the food at the Dalloway Terrace is very nice, service is attentive in all parts of the hotel. The new Coral room was lovely, but could do with some more seating.
Best of all is the bar downstairs... consummate professional service, fantastic cocktails prepared with a passion by a friendly team.
The reason we keep coming back is the price, quality and location, which makes getting anywhere in central London a breeze.