The Arch London
What We Love
- Soft drinks from the mini bar are included in the Jetsetter rate
- Quiet residential location convenient to Oxford Street and the tube
- Modern and attractive amenities, including flat-screen televisions in the bathtubs
- Bold decoration, with textured textiles and bright wallpapers
- Two words: Martini Library
- Notable art collection by emerging British artists displayed throughout the hotel
- Front-facing rooms have the better views of Great Cumberland Place, and the quieter rear-facing rooms have views of the mews
- WiFi is free
- READ MORE: How to see London for free
What To Know
- Built in the 1800s as homes, but opened fully as the Arch London in January 2010
- The bar is popular with both guests and locals and can be crowded
- The feel is artsy and modern European, not palatial or classically opulent
- Pets are allowed in rooms only
- Full English breakfast is available for approximately $35, and continental is approximately $27
- Airport transfers and taxis are expensive — consider the non-stop train services from Heathrow and Gatwick instead
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at The Arch London, you’ll be centrally located in London, minutes from Marble Arch and Selfridges. This 5-star hotel is close to Harrods and Royal Albert Hall.
Make yourself at home in one of the 82 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and plasma televisions. Your Select Comfort bed comes with Egyptian cotton sheets. Satellite programming and iPod docking stations are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature rainfall showerheads and designer toiletries.
Enjoy the recreation opportunities such as a 24-hour fitness center or make use of other amenities including complimentary wireless Internet access.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel’s restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, a 24-hour front desk, and multilingual staff.
How to Get There
Returned for a 5th stay at The Arch London and had a great stay, as always. Doormen, receptionists and concierges are very helpful, friendly and professional. The property is ideally located and has a contemporary-boutique feel to it.
This time we stayed in an Executive Junior Suite (#218), which I found to had a bit of an awkward layout. Also, to me, there was no major difference to a regular Executive Room (two room categories down), other than a little bit of more space and an extra lounger. Not worth the rate difference, in my opinion.
One small mishap: I had requested a paid upgrade. When we arrived to the hotel, the receptionist told me I had been complimentary upgraded to the category I had requested a paid upgrade to - which I found to be a great treat. However, in the end, the upgrade was on the bill. While I didn't have to pay more than I had initially planned to, it was a bit of a disappointment after hearing about a complimentary upgrade at check-in.
We still really enjoyed our stay and I believe The Arch London does offer very competitive rates (especially for rooms up to the Executive Room category) for 5-star hotels in central London.
You can’t fault this hotel. From the moment you walk in you are made to feel special.
The rooms are spacious and the bed extremely comfortable.
Breakfast is of good quality and plenty of choices.
The staff are very friendly and efficient, nothing is too much trouble.
We would definitely stay here again.
We have just returned from an amazing stay here. The service was impeccable and defiantly 5 star! The room that we stayed in was larger than we thought it would be and everything you would expect from a high quality hotel.
We will be booking again as great location, service and quality!
Stayed at this hotel for couple of days and it was really good. The staffs are very friendly and helpful. I must say that it provides excellent service. I will definitely be returning to this hotel for my next london trip.
I went here with my girlfriend for a afternoon tea and I must say I was very impressed with how welcome we was made the layed on service like nothing was a problem, they offered all options for all different allergy’s and most of all they gave us a book with a range of teas to choose from and better yet these was unlimited!! Yes unlimited! not to mention the smell of the freshly baked scones was to die for!! This place I recommend highly to all who love a good afternoon tea you will not walk out disappointed or even thinking that you want more food as this place really gives you a good portion size too... another thing we asked for extra sandwiches and we did not have to pay extra for them... great service and worth the money, 👍