What We Love
- The central Covent Garden address means easy access to London’s shopping and theater districts
- Private, Italian-designed Champagne screening room with 30 graduated seats
- Impeccable eco credentials: bathroom amenities from PlanTation, an in-house Green Team and a chlorine-free swimming pool
- Dedicated personal trainers in the state-of-the-art fitness center
What To Know
- The property opened in 1998, and soft renovations occur annually; recently the former Cinnamon Bar was transformed into a new executive lounge, scheduled to open spring 2012
- Nearby streets are occasionally noisy on weekends with post-theater crowds
- Claim your space: The popular Lobby Bar fills fast with locals meeting for business and pleasure
- Skip the car rental, as the hotel has easy walking access to the Covent Garden tube station
- Eco friendly
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
A contemporary city pad in one of London’s toniest neighborhoods, One Aldwych is Cool Britannia at its very best. The boutique property has been thoughtfully decorated with original photography, art and sculpture, and it delivers impeccable service, high-tech, amenities and outstanding dining options. Bespoke furnishings and a profusion of fresh flowers underline the attention to detail and comfort the Brits do so well. Upstairs, 105 guest rooms are fitted with original artwork, Frette linens, and oversize bathrooms. The vibe here is more business and romantic than family-friendly—the lobby is sleek and swank, with elaborate flower arrangements, and guests make good use of the heath center and spa, where restorative treatments use Barcelona’s Natura Bissé skincare line. Our favorite feature: the plush 30-seat screening room, which shows classic films and new releases.
In the Area
One Aldwych is right in the heart of London, close to the Royal Opera House and Waterloo Bridge. The Theatre District is at your doorstep. Take in a world class show, concert, ballet or opera, but reserve your tickets in advance. (One Aldwych’s concierge can take care of this for you.) There’s also an abundance of outstanding art venues nearby including Tate Modern, Tate Britain, the National Gallery, and the Queen’s Gallery at Buckingham Palace. Consider investing in a London Pass for discounted entrance to numerous sights.
How to Get There
Recently visited while attending a conference and was positively surprised. Well appointed gym, huge pool and the best are the people around; will stay more often when being in London. Recommend to stay on lower floor rooms as the rooms appear larger.
5 star experience in the heart of Covent Garden. Have stayed here over the course of a decade and never, never disappoints!!! Particularly recommended for those who love wine, opera, ballet and theater!
Superior attention, responsiveness, accessibility and location. Room upgrades underway. Staff attentiveness always first rate. Strand locale ideal for walking-access to theaters and Covent Garden, as well as conveniently close to the City.
Our executive room was not very spacious but offered every possible facility for a perfect stay.
Breakfast was delicious and graciously served.
All the staff are most attentive, friendly and super professional.
The rather sterile lounge experience could be improved by offering complimentary drinks and snacks (like in most other luxury hotels) throughout our the day and evening.
All in all, beautiful, elegant and pleasant hotel in a perfect London location.
More than pleasant from check-in to check-out. Staff were more than helpful in everything we asked. Hotel is lovely. Great location. Clean, comfy and friendly. Planned on staying one night but ended up booking in and staying for another. Will defiantly be coming back.