What We Love
- The central Covent Garden address means easy access to London’s shopping and theater districts
- Private, Italian-designed Champagne screening room with 30 graduated seats
- Impeccable eco credentials: bathroom amenities from PlanTation, an in-house Green Team and a chlorine-free swimming pool
- Dedicated personal trainers in the state-of-the-art fitness center
What To Know
- The property opened in 1998, and soft renovations occur annually; recently the former Cinnamon Bar was transformed into a new executive lounge, scheduled to open spring 2012
- Nearby streets are occasionally noisy on weekends with post-theater crowds
- Claim your space: The popular Lobby Bar fills fast with locals meeting for business and pleasure
- Skip the car rental, as the hotel has easy walking access to the Covent Garden tube station
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
A contemporary city pad in one of London’s toniest neighborhoods, One Aldwych is Cool Britannia at its very best. The boutique property has been thoughtfully decorated with original photography, art and sculpture, and it delivers impeccable service, high-tech, amenities and outstanding dining options. Bespoke furnishings and a profusion of fresh flowers underline the attention to detail and comfort the Brits do so well. Upstairs, 105 guest rooms are fitted with original artwork, Frette linens, and oversize bathrooms. The vibe here is more business and romantic than family-friendly—the lobby is sleek and swank, with elaborate flower arrangements, and guests make good use of the heath center and spa, where restorative treatments use Barcelona’s Natura Bissé skincare line. Our favorite feature: the plush 30-seat screening room, which shows classic films and new releases.
In the Area
One Aldwych is right in the heart of London, close to the Royal Opera House and Waterloo Bridge. The Theatre District is at your doorstep. Take in a world class show, concert, ballet or opera, but reserve your tickets in advance. (One Aldwych’s concierge can take care of this for you.) There’s also an abundance of outstanding art venues nearby including Tate Modern, Tate Britain, the National Gallery, and the Queen’s Gallery at Buckingham Palace. Consider investing in a London Pass for discounted entrance to numerous sights.
How to Get There
We recently enjoyed our 22nd visit to One Aldwych. You cannot beat the location . The hotel has undergone extensive renovations making the rooms some of the freshest and coziest anywhere. What hasn't changed is the attention to detail throughout .We would highly recommend staying here
Recently spent 8 nights at One Aldwych. Fabulous experience at this this top notch and well-located hotel. Attentive, friendly, helpful, and efficient staff, a great lobby bar, innovative restaurants and a luxurious room made our stay a five star experience. Highly recommend.
We have just spent 3 days at Number 1. We had a marvelous time. The rooms were spectacular as was Indigo and the pool sublime.
The staff were extremely kind and accommodating to all of our needs.. another brilliant trip number 1.